Author Topic: Field towns and 1.11?  (Read 517 times)

Offline Zippatuh

• Silver Member
Field towns and 1.11?
« on: December 17, 2002, 07:27:31 AM »
I thought the town size was going to be increased 4 times it’s size, is this not going to happen now?

Also, can someone tell me what the impact to the Ostwinds damage will be now that all rounds are HE?

Offline Mitsu

• Gold Member
      • Himitsu no blog (Mitsu's secret blog - written by Japanese)
Field towns and 1.11?
« Reply #1 on: December 17, 2002, 07:52:49 AM »
Not a town, they just changed the density of strategic targets.

City

Training Complex

Ammunition Factory

AAA Factory

HQ

Refinery

Radar Complex

Offline scooby

• Copper Member
Field towns and 1.11?
« Reply #2 on: December 17, 2002, 09:14:51 AM »
wut maps were updated with the new stuff in them??
it never says

Offline Turbot

• Silver Member
Field towns and 1.11?
« Reply #3 on: December 17, 2002, 09:15:25 AM »
all of them

Offline iceydee

• Nickel Member
Field towns and 1.11?
« Reply #4 on: December 17, 2002, 09:23:46 AM »
Originally posted by Turbot
all of them

is that including "homemade" ones? or would you have to change them yourself?

Offline Turbot

• Silver Member
Field towns and 1.11?
« Reply #5 on: December 17, 2002, 09:25:59 AM »
Originally posted by iceydee
is that including "homemade" ones? or would you have to change them yourself?

I don't understand how to make maps, so I have no idea on those.   I would think no they would not change automatically?

Offline Ripsnort

• Radioactive Member
Re: Field towns and 1.11?
« Reply #6 on: December 17, 2002, 09:27:44 AM »
Originally posted by Zippatuh

Also, can someone tell me what the impact to the Ostwinds damage will be now that all rounds are HE?

Zip, technically, near misses should cause some collateral damage to targets (near misses of AA should now kill them with HE rounds)  The structures that Osties hit should also require less rounds to bring them down.  The downfall is that armoured targets will be invulnerable if hit in armoured areas.(Aim for tracks, rear areas)

Haven't tested this, just going by theory.

Offline Turbot

• Silver Member
Re: Re: Field towns and 1.11?
« Reply #7 on: December 17, 2002, 09:37:24 AM »
Originally posted by Ripsnort
Zip, technically, near misses should cause some collateral damage to targets (near misses of AA should now kill them with HE rounds)  The structures that Osties hit should also require less rounds to bring them down.  The downfall is that armoured targets will be invulnerable if hit in armoured areas.(Aim for tracks, rear areas)

Haven't tested this, just going by theory.

Did a lot of Ostwind shooting yesterday.  The rounds are not proximity fused (as to aircraft), or at least I am not seeing the black puff of smoke.   I was hitting airplanes much better though, had a couple of 10 kill sorties on aircraft in ostwind - and I never shot that good before (maybe the netcode?).

Yeah against armor  the rounds hit but only make the little spark, not the big flash.   I could still kill LVT, but only thing on Tiger that seemed to take damage was when I purpose aimed at the tracks as you suggest.

edit to add: I also had an ostwind vs. ostwind engagement where I was unable to kill the ostwind no matter what I did.   I was able to take out both tracks, the engine and the turret - but was never able to finish him off.    I gave up after a while an he eventually exited.   However he was in a hangar and something wierd was goin on with the hangar art obscuring him partially (even though he was in centre of hangar).  The hangar overlapps vehicles wierdly (I sent film to hitechcreations - its a wierd bug)
« Last Edit: December 17, 2002, 11:19:31 AM by Turbot »

Offline Zippatuh

• Silver Member
Field towns and 1.11?
« Reply #8 on: December 17, 2002, 10:42:59 AM »
Thanks for the information all but as for the town…

I thought the field towns were going to increase in size to alleviate some of the milk running.  Was I just confused or wasn’t this discussed to some length a tour or so ago?

Offline Turbot

• Silver Member
Field towns and 1.11?
« Reply #9 on: December 17, 2002, 11:08:30 AM »
For some reason I thought this was coming too, but I don't know if hitech or pyro ever said this - or if it was someone's guessing.

Offline muckmaw

• Gold Member
Field towns and 1.11?
« Reply #10 on: December 17, 2002, 11:12:10 AM »
I was under the same impression.

I upped last night real quick just to see the size of the towns and was disappointed to see they were left unchanged.

I guess strat has not changed either.

Offline Turbot

• Silver Member
Field towns and 1.11?
« Reply #11 on: December 17, 2002, 11:28:08 AM »
No the strat targets are greatly changed, I saw some of them - many times more buildings and more color.

Offline Ripsnort

• Radioactive Member
Re: Re: Re: Field towns and 1.11?
« Reply #12 on: December 17, 2002, 11:34:13 AM »
Originally posted by Turbot
Did a lot of Ostwind shooting yesterday.  The rounds are not proximity fused (as to aircraft), or at least I am not seeing the black puff of smoke

Heya Turbot
I was speaking of collateral damage as in explosive charge, like when you get close with a HE shell from a panzer on an AA emplacement, close kills it.  Should be relatively the same with a smaller burst circle on the 37mm HE round.

Offline Turbot

• Silver Member
Re: Re: Re: Re: Field towns and 1.11?
« Reply #13 on: December 17, 2002, 11:37:20 AM »
Originally posted by Ripsnort
Heya Turbot
I was speaking of collateral damage as in explosive charge, like when you get close with a HE shell from a panzer on an AA emplacement, close kills it.  Should be relatively the same with a smaller burst circle on the 37mm HE round.

I had played around with that prior to update, I think ostwind ammo alwasy had some degree of HE to it.   Whne I would be at a strat target with an ostwind I had noted close was good enough for AAA like you are talking about.  I wonder if it is even more so now, or just same but no AP value?