Author Topic: Why is it...?  (Read 2755 times)

Offline Kanth

• Gold Member
Why is it...?
« Reply #30 on: December 24, 2002, 10:33:35 PM »
You bastard!
Gone from the game. Please see Spikes or Nefarious for any Ahevents.net admin needs.

Offline AKS\/\/ulfe

• Platinum Member
Why is it...?
« Reply #31 on: December 24, 2002, 11:27:54 PM »
Merry Festivus to all, and to all a good night.

Wait a second, I thought Festivus was telling people how little they mean to you.. how is that happy? ... or merry???

:confused:
-SW
ps: Grun, I told Santee to bring you some perkle leather undies.

Offline Rude

• Platinum Member
Why is it...?
« Reply #32 on: December 26, 2002, 08:47:27 AM »
Originally posted by GRUNHERZ
I see just as many complaints for japanese planes, US planes and brit planes.  If you are willing to be objective and just look at the BBS you will see that.  There is just as much reason for any LW request as for any other plane request, yet people just ignore that.  

The difference is in the reaction, and basically people here sense that the "LW side" is the one to pick on and make fun of- this is no different than in any social grouping of people, there is always the one to pick on. So whenever a LW question is posted it's imediately seen in that light. For example once I posted very reasoned point by point totaly cool-headed undramatic list of easily documented grapics errors on the Tiger I model, I was immediately attacked as a whiner.   Mitsu posted some requests that Ki-61 be changed, with no proof, and he got a congradutlatory message from Hitech. F4UDOA posts whines all the time. The P38 guys post on the BBS like it was some sort of flying death machine, that will never be done "right" in AH.  

Now there have been a few dramatic types like RAM and manodble, but again you all seem to focus on them and ignore all the other plainly wierd and loudmouthed types in this community.

Thats how I see it.

Classic:)

Offline Eagler

• Plutonium Member
Why is it...?
« Reply #33 on: December 26, 2002, 08:53:29 AM »
Originally posted by funkedup
To answer Furious' original question:  Uptight anal people gravitate to LW.  ....

I second this as my favorite ride is the 109F :)
"Masters of the Air" Scenario - JG27

Intel Core i7-13700KF | GIGABYTE Z790 AORUS Elite AX | 64GB G.Skill DDR5 | 16GB GIGABYTE RTX 4070 Ti Super | 850 watt ps | pimax Crystal Light | Warthog stick | TM1600 throttle | VKB Mk.V Rudder

Offline Rude

• Platinum Member
Why is it...?
« Reply #34 on: December 26, 2002, 08:56:26 AM »
Originally posted by SOB
I asked you to prove what you posted and now I'm biased about something?  You said that anyone who starts a thread about LW aircraft, regardless of tone, gets flamed about it.  I just asked you to prove it, that's all.  I didn't offer up my opinion on anything else, but if you must know, I am equally biased towards all whiners - LW, Allied or other...a whiner is a whiner.

SOB

Sorry to correct you in public SOB....there are the Whiney Whiners(worst kind of whiner)....I'm sure you just forgot about them:)

Offline bigUC

• Nickel Member
Why is it...?
« Reply #35 on: December 26, 2002, 09:33:52 AM »
We just spend more time on the BBS during our long and gracious climbouts.   Spittards and LAmers never get much higher than 6 feet below :)
Kurt is winking at U!

Offline lazs2

• Radioactive Member
Why is it...?
« Reply #36 on: December 26, 2002, 09:48:36 AM »
Most of the LW guys are undoubtably impotent and they choose a "darth vader dark side" persona to hide the fact..  They become infuriated when people don't equate their plane choice with darkness.   They are also among the less bright of flight simmers and by the time they figure out everyone is laughing at them...  Well... that's just the way I see it anyway..  
lazs
Public Relations Officer for the BK's

Offline hblair

• Platinum Member
      • http://www.cybrtyme.com/personal/hblair/mainpage.htm
Why is it...?
« Reply #37 on: December 26, 2002, 09:56:03 AM »
You know the boards search function is buggered when you get no hits for "p38 glass tail" or "p38 dive flaps" over a year ago. That was some entertaining stuff. ;)

Offline eddiek

• Silver Member
Why is it...?
« Reply #38 on: December 26, 2002, 11:59:55 AM »
I find the LW post starters wildly entertaining, personally.

Especially when the subject is titled "LW needs xxxxx", "109G6 really needs xxxxxxx", "190 needs xxxx".  Automatically ya know someone wants that item added, but they don't really need  it added.
It's all about wanting an edge for "your" favorite plane, I see nothing wrong with it.  Ya just gotta remember not to become obsessed with it.
As to the WW2 era LW documents, well, I put no more faith in them than I do Allied documents.  From a personal standpoint, I find it hard to believe a government/society could be trusted to be honest about aircraft tests on one hand, yet lie through their teeth about how many innocent civilians they murdered.  So, I take LW documents with a grain of salt.
The pilot personal accounts?  LW pilot accounts were, IMO, no more reliable than their Allied counterparts, and I've seen too many Allied pilots' stories picked apart by Axis/LW fans to change my mind.  
Just my 2 cents..................

Offline SOB

• Plutonium Member
Why is it...?
« Reply #39 on: December 26, 2002, 04:48:53 PM »
Damn, I always forget about the Whiney Whiners!  ...or maybe my subconcience is blocking them out?  :D

SOB
Three Times One Minus One.  Dayum!

Offline GScholz

• Plutonium Member
Why is it...?
« Reply #40 on: December 27, 2002, 01:55:22 AM »
Originally posted by lazs2
Most of the LW guys are undoubtably impotent and they choose a "darth vader dark side" persona to hide the fact..  They become infuriated when people don't equate their plane choice with darkness.   They are also among the less bright of flight simmers and by the time they figure out everyone is laughing at them...  Well... that's just the way I see it anyway..  
lazs
Public Relations Officer for the BK's

The blackness of my Focke-Wulf, like inside of coffin, on moooooooonless night.

LOL Larz, get a girlfriend, or do as we do ... fly LW! :D
"With the first link, the chain is forged. The first speech censored, the first thought forbidden, the first freedom denied, chains us all irrevocably."

Offline Dowding (Work)

• Nickel Member
Why is it...?
« Reply #41 on: December 27, 2002, 05:57:16 AM »
lol Gscholz :D

Offline hazed-

• Gold Member
      • http://combatarena.users.btopenworld.com
Why is it...?
« Reply #42 on: December 27, 2002, 06:37:26 AM »
well seeing as how i have gravitated toward LW rides since joining AH (my first ever online sim i played) and I have had a few things to say on the bbs over the time ive been here I guess its appropriate to mention what im like personally:

I am extremely competative , opinionated , and rather short tempered.
I dont like cheats or anyone who thinks its ok to cheat, even on a small scale.
I dislike the rather common name calling, labeling of groups of players as a 'type' as its the same as racism in effect.
It ignores the individuals and causes those with legitimate questions to be pooled into a group and ignored or rediculed etc.

What i find amazing is you furious asking this when you yourself flew JG54 for so long.

From what i remember o the JG54 squad no one was anything like one another.I dont think we could have had a more diverse set of personalities.
Why have you decided to rake over some coals and cause another pointless post which is slowly building in vitriol?

the point here?

If like i think you are wrong and there isnt any more a 'type' of LW flyer than there is a 'type' of russian or allied fighter your post here, whilst im sure was light hearted in intention has turned quite sour quite quicky.
If you are right, and all LW flyers are , what did you call them? 'uptight' then you are , by your own sweeping statement condemned by the fact you flew with JG54 EXACTLY the same type of person. :)

now i dont know about you but there are many people on these boards who i tend to take an instant dislike to for what they post. SW for his incessant negative stance on any subject, Laz for his total intollerance of other peoples desires like bomber pilots etc, the list is quite long but you know these people arent 'allied dweebs' or 'LWhiners' or whatever other infantile name rude has invented this week, they are simply people. Idiotic or annoying people yes, but they are as individual as anyone on here.

I think what we see on these boards concerning anyone who flies a LW plane has become biggoted.Even HTC staff have posted what they THINK these peoples(the so called LWhiners) intentions are without any way of knowing their motivations.

this sort of post doesnt help anyone does it?

uptight? I would actually put it down more to frustration at the treatment recieved.Things like joke names cease to become fun or witty when they are used to spoil peoples enjoyment or participation in this game.I for one will no longer even try to add anything i find out in the books I read to the ongoing discussions on aircraft.I learned my lesson recently and well to be honest the enjoyment of the many discussions has completely gone.posts like this dont do much other than make me feel the BBs are a waste of time.

Offline Ecke-109-

• Copper Member
Why is it...?
« Reply #43 on: December 27, 2002, 06:43:57 AM »
Furiuos,

The more burning question for an undergrad psych student should be:What is the reason to open such a primitive thread?
Nothing else to do?

Ecke

Offline Dowding (Work)

• Nickel Member
Why is it...?
« Reply #44 on: December 27, 2002, 06:55:19 AM »
A classic example of the persecution complex at work?

Just play the game.