Author Topic: Why is it...?  (Read 2754 times)

Offline funkedup

• Plutonium Member
      • http://www.raf303.org/
Why is it...?
« Reply #75 on: December 27, 2002, 05:59:26 PM »
I quit.

Offline Mitsu

• Gold Member
      • Himitsu no blog (Mitsu's secret blog - written by Japanese)
Why is it...?
« Reply #76 on: December 27, 2002, 06:02:53 PM »
I quiet.

Offline Toad

• Plutonium Member
Why is it...?
« Reply #77 on: December 27, 2002, 07:01:32 PM »
Originally posted by Wotan
You mean American flyer. The VVS werent allies?...

...IL2 FB wont effect ah one bit because its a box game with a multiplayer component. Its a lot fun too.

Indeed, I should have said "American Flyer". Thank you. Although I do believe the gist of what Grun said

there will be a lot of crying about P51 and P47 not being done done right, will that then be the birth of the allied whiner

dealt with P-51 and P-47 complaints as "allied whiner".

Wotan: IL2 FB wont effect ah one bit because its a box game with a multiplayer component. Its a lot fun too.

Perhaps not. But given all the unhappiness expressed lately, it might.

I'm all for folks going where they have the most fun. If some of those so unhappy here were to move on to there to a place where they were happier, wouldn't that be the best possible outcome?

They'll be happier in their new game and those of us still here will be MUCH happier here.

:D
If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude than the animated contest of freedom, go from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains sit lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen!

Offline Cobra

• Nickel Member
Why is it...?
« Reply #78 on: December 27, 2002, 07:27:12 PM »
Originally posted by funkedup
I quit.

Finally.........again,   whew.

Offline Pongo

• Platinum Member
Re: Why is it...?
« Reply #79 on: December 27, 2002, 09:10:19 PM »
Originally posted by Furious
What is it that makes the LW so tightly wound?

No other group of folks consistently pops a cork and spews on the bbs.  No other group consistently whines or squeakes as much.  I know the leather causes rashes, but are the panties too tight as well?  

Does being a self proclaimed LW make you uptight, or do uptight people gravitate to the LW, and why?

It’s a frikken weird phenomenon.  Might even make a good thesis for an undergrad psych student.

F.

Why, so you can feel supperior to somone of course.

Offline Furious

• Gold Member
Re: Re: Why is it...?
« Reply #80 on: December 28, 2002, 04:18:40 AM »
Originally posted by Pongo
Why, so you can feel supperior to somone of course.

ahhhhh.  thanks for setting me straight.  your clever reasoning has exposed me for all to see.

Offline Wotan

• Platinum Member
Why is it...?
« Reply #81 on: December 28, 2002, 09:14:44 AM »
Pongo is right, you ask a question in which you already have an answer to. It would seem you were just looking to post a reply that would include "I am beyond that now".

I knew you would come back eioth something to that effect when 1st read the post.

How about naming off all them lwhiners. From checking the "whine" threads going back a few months you get 5 or 6 folks tops. You say your JG 54 guys were uptight whiners as well but I havent found any posts by umm. So I guess you are referring to their squad bbs or singling out Hazed.

Anyway you got your "pat on the back" for being a "reformed" lwhiner I guess.

Now be good dog and go lay down. Bark if you hear someone outside.

Offline lazs2

• Radioactive Member
Why is it...?
« Reply #82 on: December 28, 2002, 09:38:12 AM »
yep... I've noticed that the LW guys allways go to a new game that "get's the LW planes right" until.... it is discovered that they did not get the LW planes right and that the LW planes were being overmodeled or that the allied planes were being undermodeled.  Then the whining begins again in earnest..

Take WWIIol ... got "doomie" working there... he believes that a 190 should turn with and climb with a Spit 5.  He believes that the rear view from an F6 was nonexistent but that the 109 was totaly unabscured...  he believes that the LW ammo had better ballistics than allied... If you like that kind of thinking then you won't be happy in AH.

It's all so self defeating anyway... If you "fix" the LW planes, make them invincible, then.... everyone will fly them.... even the skilled players...  the diehard lufwhinesrs will then drop down about 20 notches or so on the "skill" ladder... although... I can't think of anything more boring than a game full of LW planes all hiding from each other.
lazs

Offline Furious

• Gold Member
Why is it...?
« Reply #83 on: December 28, 2002, 08:04:39 PM »
ah dear wotan, that blind eye giving you trouble again?

...as for Hazed and Grun, and the rest of jg54, I hold no animosity towards any of them.  They are very nice guys and I am happy to have flown with them.  If they feel this an attack on them, then that is a shame.

as a home exercise, wotan, make a list of all the recent bbs blowouts, going back say 6 months.  who are they?  do they have any ingame affiliation?  please post your results.

by the way i sleep on the couch, will crap in your shoes and bark when i damn well please.

F.