Author Topic: German svastika  (Read 4666 times)

Offline ergRTC

• Silver Member
      • http://bio2.elmira.edu/DMS/index.pl?table=content&faculty=1&page=1
German svastika
« Reply #15 on: January 01, 2003, 01:55:59 PM »
We all did some terrible things during the war, particularly russia, but most of these atrocities were in response to what the axis were up to.  If the axis had won, well maybe the usa flag would be banned.  Since we have a symbol for the luftwaffe, we simply dont need to put political symbols to make it clear which are axis and allied aircraft.  

It is incredibly insensitive to believe that for your want of historical accuracy or some strange idea of precident that we should put something so offensive to so many people in a game like this.   There is a reason why HTC does not have any 'blood and guts' in this game.  Taste.

Offline Kweassa

• Platinum Member
German svastika
« Reply #16 on: January 01, 2003, 04:02:44 PM »
Hmm.. reversing the insignia might be tolerable.

In reverse, which is really the original symbol used in Indo-Aryan/Far Eastern cultures, it becomes the swastika of the sun. It stands for "sun" "brightness" "fullness" "life" "yang" and etc etc.

The insignia affiliated with the Nazi party is the swastika of the moon, standing for "moon" "darkness" "emptiness" "death" yin" and etc etc.

The blue swastika of the moon of the Finns, while same in shape, are of different color and recognized as von Rosen's cross, in a different context.

If people can concur that the "original"  swastika(swastika of the sun) used on the tails of German planes are there for pure visual representation only, and is totally out of context from Nazi political agenda, I think it might be acceptable - it even looks different.

Offline DiabloTX

• Plutonium Member
German svastika
« Reply #17 on: January 02, 2003, 01:23:27 PM »
I was always under the impression that the Nazi swastika was picked by Hitler from Norse runes.  This particular rune was meant by the Norse as a sign of a 'rising sun' or a 'new sun' which is would make it no different than the japanese symbol.  I may be wrong but that's what I always thought was the origin of the nazi swastika.

Anyway, just my thoughts.
"There ain't no revolution, only evolution, but every time I'm in Denmark I eat a danish for peace." - Diablo

Offline Eagler

• Plutonium Member
German svastika
« Reply #18 on: January 02, 2003, 01:50:38 PM »
how retarted ...

the planes had the symbol - AH's planes should too

what if I said I was offended by the jap meatball cause they killed 10's thousands of POWS and had attacked Pearl Harbor - would I have a case to have daisies painted in place of their meatballs ??
:rolleyes:

maybe we should edit all the model boxes in the hobby stores, wouldn't want to offend anyone now would we ...........
"Masters of the Air" Scenario - JG27

Intel Core i7-13700KF | GIGABYTE Z790 AORUS Elite AX | 64GB G.Skill DDR5 | EVGA GeForce RTX 3070 Ti FTW3 | Vive Pro | Warthog stick | TM1600 throttle | VKB Mk.V Rudder Pedals

Offline ergRTC

• Silver Member
German svastika
« Reply #19 on: January 02, 2003, 02:02:52 PM »
If hitech had to go out there with a paint scrapper, then yeah leave em.  But....  since its sooooooooo easy

Offline HiJack

• Copper Member
German svastika
« Reply #20 on: January 02, 2003, 06:51:44 PM »
Just plain silly, was long time ago, doesnt mean anything anymore, Im sick and tired of political correctness, cant say this, cant do that, bunch of bulls--t, what happened to free America?

Offline ergRTC

• Silver Member
German svastika
« Reply #21 on: January 02, 2003, 06:56:11 PM »
your my co and all, but...

the game is international.  And that symbol still makes people remember things that they would rather let alone.

I know for certain that if I were 15 and my mother saw i was playing a game with swastikas in it, she would take the computer away.

Offline kanttori

• Platinum Member
      • Lentolaivue 32
German svastika
« Reply #22 on: January 03, 2003, 07:02:28 AM »
I think we can now finish this discussion: I don't use svastikas on Germans tails and that's it!

One big reason to my decision is ergRTC's mother: I don't want that she becomes angry to me and take my computer away! :D
Lentorykmentti 3 - Finnish Aces High Virtual Flight Regiment

Offline Odee

• Gold Member
      • 49th Fighter Group
A FINAL THOUGHT
« Reply #23 on: January 03, 2003, 09:02:35 AM »
Some of the best models I have ever seen come from Germany, and Japan.  I'm not talking about the Daihu, or Hasagaw (sp deliberate)  I mean the REALLY detailed 1:32 scale stuff.

And ALL markings are HISTORICALLY accurate, INCLUDING the Swatika....!  So much for PC in the industry, eh?
~Nobodee~   Get Poached!
Elite: Dangerous ~ Cmd Odeed

http://www.luxlibertas.com/

Offline ergRTC

• Silver Member
German svastika
« Reply #24 on: January 03, 2003, 10:04:37 AM »
Hey odee where you at in northern virginia?  I just moved to Arlington again.

Say isnt there a law in virginia about cross burning?  Wasnt all that hoopla about 50 years ago?  Why dont they get over it?

erg

sorry couldnt help one last jab.

Offline eskimo2

• Platinum Member
      • hallbuzz.com
German svastika
« Reply #25 on: January 03, 2003, 10:35:21 AM »
Originally posted by kanttori
I think we can now finish this discussion: I don't use svastikas on Germans tails and that's it!

One big reason to my decision is ergRTC's mother: I don't want that she becomes angry to me and take my computer away! :D

Just for fun, put a KKK on the tail...

See how folks react to that!

:)

eskimo

Offline kanttori

• Platinum Member
      • Lentolaivue 32
German svastika
« Reply #26 on: January 03, 2003, 11:35:14 AM »
Oh no Eskimo, no they start a new discussion!:D :D :D
Lentorykmentti 3 - Finnish Aces High Virtual Flight Regiment

Offline Skuzzy

• Support Member
  • Administrator
      • HiTech Creations Home Page
German svastika
« Reply #27 on: January 03, 2003, 12:10:53 PM »
HTC policy is to not use the Swastika.  You may use the Iron Cross instead.
Roy "Skuzzy" Neese
support@hitechcreations.com

Offline CurtissP-6EHawk

• Parolee
  • Silver Member
German svastika
« Reply #28 on: January 03, 2003, 02:15:00 PM »
I love to piss people off so here!!!

Offline Slash27

• Plutonium Member
German svastika
« Reply #29 on: January 03, 2003, 07:03:32 PM »
Hawk,  please fuzz out the swastika.  Im about to cry.  If we all just pretend like it never existed,  we'd all be happy little campers.  I'd like to see a big smiley face in place of the Japanese meatball.  Thank you.