Author Topic: I got a problem  (Read 1056 times)

Offline -ammo-

• Platinum Member
I got a problem
« Reply #15 on: January 23, 2003, 11:59:34 PM »
Here is my story, but first of all, thx to all for the advice but mostly to the person that suggested zonealarm.  Wow, it took me a couple of days but I managed to get it all off my computer.  You would not believe the extent of the crap adware I found on my a]machine.  It ought to be a crime how they do that to you.

I installed Ad Aware first and let it scan my machine. It found plenty and I deleted it all.  However this did not stop the popups.  Within 5 minutes  had ten popups display on my screen.  I then DL'ed and installed zonealarm.  With this, and two days time, I managed to isolate all the programs (plural) that were on my machine that had no other purpose in life other than to spam my machine.  Look out for programs in your task manager named ins531.tmp, dw.exe, ne.exe, launcher.exe support.com.exe, and a few more that I have omitted.  Also, if you have these, then you also have alot of extra directories that were created by them. One piece of adware installed over 1300 file folders under its root directory!  It scanned my machine and created a folder for every bookmark and cookie stored on my machine.  

Thx again folks

ammo
Commanding Officer, 56 Fighter Group
Retired USAF - 1988 - 2011

Offline Tarmac

• Gold Member
I got a problem
« Reply #16 on: January 24, 2003, 12:29:56 AM »
Glad it worked out ammo.

Offline mrsid2

• Parolee
  • Silver Member
I got a problem
« Reply #17 on: January 24, 2003, 12:39:35 AM »
Man you have been careless with your puter Ammo.