Author Topic: Ann Coulter in lesbian love triangle with Hilary Clinton and Oprah Winfrey! Pictures!  (Read 1175 times)

Offline Hortlund

• Platinum Member
Do you have any proof that the quotes aren't valid?

Your exact words Thrawn.

Offline Thrawn

• Platinum Member
Originally posted by Hortlund
Your exact words Thrawn.

Uhhh Hortland, the Coulter quotes were substatiated with references, your quotes where not.  Do you see the difference there?  Coulters were substantiated, yours were not.  Coulters were substantiated, yours were not.

Offline Saurdaukar

• Plutonium Member
      • Army of Muppets
Heat wave today, it's 14 F this morning in beautiful (cough) Philadelphia.  Im sick of this toejam... too fluff'n cold...

F Oprah.

Offline Hortlund

• Platinum Member
Originally posted by Thrawn
Uhhh Hortland, the Coulter quotes were substatiated with references, your quotes where not.  Do you see the difference there?  Coulters were substantiated, yours were not.  Coulters were substantiated, yours were not.

Does that change the burden of proof? Does that change the burden of proof? Does that change the burden of proof?

Offline Thrawn

• Platinum Member
Does that change the burden of proof? Does that change the burden of proof? Does that change the burden of proof?

Yes.  

The proof of the quotes existance is given with the reference.    If you don't think the references are valid you must state why.  Did you have to go to university before you supposedly became a jr judge.  Have you ever written a university paper?

Offline Hortlund

• Platinum Member
Originally posted by Thrawn
Yes.  

The proof of the quotes existance is given with the reference.    If you don't think the references are valid you must state why.  Did you have to go to university before you supposedly became a jr judge.  Have you ever written a university paper?

I find this discussion pointless Thrawn. If you honestly believe that the burden of proof switches over when someone provides a reference for a quote, Im not really sure how to respond...lets just say that you are wrong, and leave it at that.

Consider this one:
"I am a moron"
-Thrawn in private conversation on telephone 2002-12-12

Apparently you are of the opinion that after I posted that, the burden of proof for the statement jumps over to you...now it is you who have to prove that you never said such a thing...well, good luck.

Offline midnight Target

• Plutonium Member
"This thread is moronic" - Tahgut 1/28/2003

Offline Dowding

• Platinum Member
      • http://www.psys07629.pwp.blueyonder.co.uk/272/index.html
Well it started badly, tailed off quite considerably through the middle and the less said about the end the better. But apart from that it was moronic...err... I mean excellent.
War! Never been so much fun. War! Never been so much fun! Go to your brother, Kill him with your gun, Leave him lying in his uniform, Dying in the sun.

Offline Thrawn

• Platinum Member
Consider this one:
"I am a moron"
-Thrawn in private conversation on telephone 2002-12-12

Apparently you are of the opinion that after I posted that, the burden of proof for the statement jumps over to you...now it is you who have to prove that you never said such a thing...well, good luck.

To quote me.

"If you don't think the references are valid you must state why."

Why don't I think that the reference is valid?  

First, I'm the one quoted and I have first had knowledge that I don't recall the conversation or the call in the first place.  

Second I highly doubt you have access information regarding my personal phone calls.  But I will concede it is possible I made the statement, then suffered amniesia or some similar even might have occured.  It's just very improbable.

Cripes, Sweden should make me a judge.

Offline Thrawn

• Platinum Member
Christ almighty Hortland, this is what you are saying is a valid response to a statment.

Thrawn: The sky is blue.

Hortland: Prove it.

Thrawn: I looked outside, the sky was blue.

Hortland: I don't believe you.

Thrawn: Alrighty then.

It should be like this.

Thrawn: The sky is blue.

Hortland: Prove it.

Thrawn: I looked outside, the sky was blue.

Hortland: That could just mean the sky blue where you looked.

Check this out.

udet: Here's a Coulter quote "People like you caused us to lose that war."

Hortland: I don't believe that's a quote.

udet:  It comes MSNBC.

Hortland:  I think that's not a valid reference because it's to generic.

Offline Hortlund

• Platinum Member
Wow, my first stalker.

What I was objecting to was the source. If someone says something, and gives "MSNBC" as a source, how do I proceed if I want to check that up?

Offline Saurdaukar

• Plutonium Member
      • Army of Muppets
Wow, my first stalker.

They only get better as they multiply.  :cool:

Besides, I wouldnt be too proud - Democrats are equal opportunity stalkers.  :D

Offline Erlkonig

• Nickel Member
I have found that bringing up the following quote usually brings Ann Coulter adoration threads to a rather abrupt end.

"My only regret with Timothy McVeigh is he did not go to the New York Times Building."

[The Observer reporter] told her to be careful.

"You’re right, after 9/11 I shouldn’t say that," she said, spotting a cab and grabbing it.

Hooray for terrorism!

Offline Thrawn

• Platinum Member
What I was objecting to was the source. If someone says something, and gives "MSNBC" as a source, how do I proceed if I want to check that up?

Exactly, I would have no problem with by last example.

"udet: Here's a Coulter quote "People like you caused us to lose that war."

udet: It comes MSNBC.

Hortland: I think that's not a valid reference because it's to generic."

But I would if the exchange went like this.

udet: Here's a Coulter quote "People like you caused us to lose that war."

udet: It comes MSNBC.

Hortland: I don't believe that's a valid reference.

The last response doesn't give any sort of explanation as to why the reference isn't valid.

Offline Thrawn

• Platinum Member
Originally posted by Erlkonig
I have found that bringing up the following quote usually brings Ann Coulter adoration threads to a rather abrupt end.

Hooray for terrorism!

http://www.observer.com/pages/story.asp?ID=6258 :rolleyes: