Author Topic: Torpedo specs in AH?  (Read 599 times)

Offline Soulyss

• Platinum Member
      • Aces High Events
Torpedo specs in AH?
« on: February 06, 2003, 01:06:42 PM »
After reading The First Team, I have a new interest in torpedo attacks.   After giving it some thought I had a few questions.  Are all the torpedoes in AH the same? or does the torp carried by the B5N do more damage than the one on the TBM? etc.  Do all the torpedo's travel at the same speed? etc.  Basically, what if any are the differences in the torpedo's present in AH.  

Also does anyone know the specific drop limitations? (speed and alt).  Thanks in advance. :)

*Edit* I just checked the AH help file (yes, novel concept, I know) So I now know the Japanese planes carry a 800KG torpedo, whereas the TBM uses a 2000lb torpedo.  But the Ju88 uses a "F5B" torpedo which means nothing to me hehe.  
« Last Edit: February 06, 2003, 01:15:31 PM by Soulyss »
80th FS "Headhunters"
I blame mir.

Offline keyapaha

• Nickel Member
Torpedo specs in AH?
« Reply #1 on: February 06, 2003, 03:12:27 PM »
I know the drop speed and alt are 175-185ish mph and 100ft alt as far as the torps being different on different planes and different damage I dont know.

Offline Innominate

• Gold Member
Torpedo specs in AH?
« Reply #2 on: February 06, 2003, 03:15:42 PM »
The axis torpedos have a maxium drop speed/alt of 200mph/200feet.  The TBM's torpedo can be dropped at IIRC up to 250mph at 200feet.

Offline zroostr

• Copper Member
Torpedo specs in AH?
« Reply #3 on: February 13, 2003, 12:30:31 AM »
How about PT torps? Whats the range on them? It's pretty hard to get close to the battle group so how far out should I let em go?

Offline zroostr

• Copper Member
Torpedo specs in AH?
« Reply #4 on: February 13, 2003, 01:22:11 PM »
Anyone?

Offline rpm

• Plutonium Member
Torpedo specs in AH?
« Reply #5 on: February 22, 2003, 04:44:24 AM »
Don't know particulars on PT torps, but I chased one for 5 min once just to see how far it would run. Speed was just short of PT's top speed.  You have to get inside Destroyer gun range to have any hope of lining up a shot. I will aim WAY in front of CV and put a wide spread on Torps. 99.9% of the time I am dead long before Torps hit target, but they do get hits.
My mind is a raging torrent, flooded with rivulets of thought cascading into a waterfall of creative alternatives.
Stay thirsty my friends.