Author Topic: Get rid of the stupid trees  (Read 1920 times)

Offline Soviet

• Nickel Member
      • http://flanker2.8m.net
Get rid of the stupid trees
« on: October 05, 2001, 08:43:00 PM »
It didn't bother me at first, now i just rammed a 262 into a tree on take off getting rid of 200 of my 280 perkies.  If it weren't for the trees i'd still have my perks.  Please remove them or at least make them not do any damage, it's rediculus at this point

[ 10-05-2001: Message edited by: Soviet ]

Offline pdog_109

• Copper Member
« Reply #1 on: October 05, 2001, 08:59:00 PM »
Please HTC remove Homosexual trees from AH. I can deal with heterosexual trees, those don't bother me. But homosexual trees do not belong in the military and they don't belong in AH! Is that a homosexual tree growing on this airfield? REMOVE IT!

Offline Pyro

• Administrator
  • Administrator
      • http://www.hitechcreations.com
« Reply #2 on: October 05, 2001, 09:36:00 PM »
There is unrest in the forest
There is trouble with the trees
For the Maples want their knotholes
And the Oaks ignore their pleas.

The trouble with the Maples
And they're quite convinced their right
They say the Oaks are just too lofty
And too sexually uptight.

Offline LePaul

• Platinum Member
« Reply #3 on: October 05, 2001, 09:43:00 PM »
Well I'm glad you opted to jest at the user's dilemma rather than address the issue.   :)  

Another vote to yank the ugly trees.  Makes me feel like I'm flying in one of those pop-up villages you build out of cardboard.  Just looked better without em and would like to see them go away with the control-c toggle.  Its not with the frame hit I'm taking.

Thank you

Offline DanielMcIntyre

• Nickel Member
      • http://None as yet
« Reply #4 on: October 05, 2001, 09:50:00 PM »
I just rammed 2 262's into tree's taking off from 38 in 10 mins lol.  But I like em, more realistic.  Save the tree's!!!!!

But you would think that fields from which a 262 could take off from would have longer runways and / or the tree's at the end of the runway would have been cleared by engineers.  Third time I got up, but it was still kinda hairy, had to dodge the suckers.

:D

Offline Flare

• Zinc Member
« Reply #5 on: October 05, 2001, 09:51:00 PM »
Please HTC remove the trees from AH.
It is said many user are unnecessary for, and I am thought too unnecessary, too.
Please REMOVE or User optional.

Offline MRPLUTO

• Nickel Member
« Reply #6 on: October 05, 2001, 09:55:00 PM »
Nice response, Pyro.

And keep the trees, though I've heard they mean instant death for GVs that touch them.  Can that be changed?  Or could the GVs get better bumpers?

MRPLUTO, Captain, VMF-323, ~Death Rattlers~

Offline Trell

• Nickel Member
« Reply #7 on: October 05, 2001, 09:57:00 PM »
well i love the trees :)  i think they are fun to see and even more fun trying to ditch around them :)

but i would like them not soo close to the end of the runway.

wtg ht!!!!!!!!!!! great vers :)

Offline moose

• Gold Member
      • http://www.ccrhl.com
« Reply #8 on: October 05, 2001, 10:36:00 PM »
trees are definitely cool. i cant understand why they hurt FR though, they're not that graphically intensive.

i vote to keep em in. maybe make medium and large airfields have longer runways though, might be a strategic thing.
<----ASSASSINS---->

Offline JoeDirt

• Nickel Member
« Reply #9 on: October 05, 2001, 10:58:00 PM »
i like the trees.......when you zoom by all of em realy lo at 500mph it kinda gives you a feeling like you are takeing a risk........danger.....o.O

Offline Wotan

• Platinum Member
« Reply #10 on: October 05, 2001, 11:11:00 PM »
quick question are you guys who are hiiting these trees on take off using auto-takeoff?

I awaiting for a replacement x36 in the mail so I'm only messin offline with a mouse and I get up easy in 262 buff andany hvy fighter at different fields.

I never use auto take off or combat trim. I've found I can get in the air a bit quicker and maintain speed easier using man trim.

Offline SOB

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #11 on: October 05, 2001, 11:18:00 PM »
Save the Trees!  They've got Spotted Owls in 'em, dammit!

In all seriousness, they were a great addition, imo.

SOB
Three Times One Minus One.  Dayum!

Offline brady

• Platinum Member
      • http://personal.jax.bellsouth.net/jax/t/y/tyr88/JG2main.html
« Reply #12 on: October 05, 2001, 11:22:00 PM »
Leave the trease, kill the guy with the dozer who puts hills at the end of runway's, on felds whear both ends of the runway have hills at theam, wtf is that all about any way, what kinda idot would build a runay into a hill?

Offline LtHans

• Nickel Member
« Reply #13 on: October 05, 2001, 11:54:00 PM »
Trees are needed.  I was really hoping they would be signifigant enough for ground vehicles to uses as cover.  Unfortunately they're not right now.

I would rather have treelines like the tank simulator M1 Tank Platoon 2 from Microprose or the flight sim Battle of Britain from Rowan.

Hey, your getting there Pyro.  Just...well...not to be ungratefull or anything, but....well...couldn't you go the next step?

Hans.

Offline Dinger

• Silver Member
« Reply #14 on: October 05, 2001, 11:55:00 PM »
Yeah, now try a fully loaded lancaster and see what it takes to get off the ground without hitting trees. -- you taxi to the very edge of the airfield square, behind the threshhold, run up the engines as you turn onto the RW direction, roll down the runway, hit two notches of flaps as you pass 100 mph, overrun the runway, hope there aren't any trees blocking the end, then at 120, you pull up as hard as possible while retracting gear, get above treelevel, and hope you have enough juice left to accelerate before you drop back into the trees.
Just as long as there aren't any hills down there you'll be ok.