Author Topic: Hey Luffies  (Read 4050 times)

Offline Shane

• Platinum Member
Re: Re: Re: About the odds
« Reply #30 on: February 28, 2003, 01:57:31 PM »
Originally posted by DeMann

And just how well rounded are you Shane?  All I've ever seen you do is shoot people down and then either gloat or complain about it.

Oh, I get it alright.  But all your squeakin and moanin only makes us .squelch 1.

I agree that it would be a lot funner if the sides were more even, but that would mean dividing our squad, and defeating the purpose of having a squad to begin with.

Admittedly, it would have been more challenging if there had been more LW aircraft around.

That's odd ... all I ever see you do is make snide remarks.

Give it another month, and you'll be finding yourself unable to shake me off your tail while I pound rounds into it. :cool:

more well rounded than you.  :D

free clue... squelch shane not ch 1.

you see this is what i'm finding amusing about all this i never even mentioned your squad last nite until they started humping my ankle, all i said was "63-21?"
you see, my comment was directed in the general allied direction to see if some would switch to make it so less lopsided.  please do try and keep on top of things.

nothing wrong with having 1/3-1/2 the squad go axis for some OPFOR in your own private little corner, but, noooooo this has nothing to do with tactics and everything to do with flying around in a big clump and patting yourselves on teh back for your "tactics."  the real point, tho' is some allied could have gone lw, be it the vf27th or some of the other 20-odd allied pilots. if you guys hump my ankle when i don't address you specifically, don't be surprised if i shake my leg.

take off the blinders,  stop limiting yourself to only one arena and one myopic view. you're entitled to think what you want of me in CT, i could care less.

good to see you have a sense of humor. one month from now you'll still be an easy kill for me, especially if i catch you away from the safety of your borg cube.
Surrounded by suck and underwhelmed with mediocrity.
I'm always right, it just takes some poepl longer to come to that realization than others.
I'm not perfect, but I am closer to it than you are.
"...vox populi, vox dei..."  ~Alcuin ca. 798

Offline Telstar

• Copper Member
Re: Re: Re: About the odds
« Reply #31 on: February 28, 2003, 02:12:50 PM »

Heh.  I'm hardly a borg.  Just ask Lowe, Jester, or any of the other Checkertails.

This is true, DeMann is deffinately no 7 of 9  :D

Offline DeMann

• Zinc Member
      • http://RichDPhoto.com/
Re: Re: Re: Re: About the odds
« Reply #32 on: February 28, 2003, 02:29:01 PM »
Originally posted by Shane
more well rounded than you.  :D

Yeah.  Don't brag about the comparison though.  You've been flying AH a heck of a lot longer than I have.

you see this is what i'm finding amusing about all this i never even mentioned your squad last nite until they started humping my ankle, all i said was "63-21?"
you see, my comment was directed in the general allied direction to see if some would switch to make it so less lopsided.

The Germans have a saying:  "Der Ton macht die Musik."

You could simply *ask* if anybody wants to change sides, instead of *whining* about it.

take off the blinders,  stop limiting yourself to only one arena and one myopic view.

There's a difference between "wearing blinders" and being focused.

I'm learning, growing, improving my skills, and expanding my understanding of combat flying ... one step at a time.

good to see you have a sense of humor. one month from now you'll still be an easy kill for me, especially if i catch you away from the safety of your borg cube.

We'll see about that. :)

Offline Jester

• Gold Member
Hey Luffies
« Reply #33 on: February 28, 2003, 03:18:19 PM »
There is no such thing as a "fair" or "friendly" fight. If you enter a fight on even terms - you didn't plan very well.
Group Captain "Sailor" Malan RAF (35 kills).
« Last Edit: February 28, 2003, 03:30:49 PM by Jester »
Lt. JESTER
VF-10 "GRIM REAPERS"

Offline Slash27

• Plutonium Member
Hey Luffies
« Reply #34 on: February 28, 2003, 03:33:03 PM »
lol Andi  that made my day:D

Offline Shane

• Platinum Member
Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: About the odds
« Reply #35 on: February 28, 2003, 04:07:20 PM »
You could simply *ask* if anybody wants to change sides, instead of *whining* about it.

i hardly call "63-21" a whine. it was a simple statement of fact.

nice try, tho', deposit another .25 to continue playing.
I'm always right, it just takes some poepl longer to come to that realization than others.

Offline CurtissP-6EHawk

• Parolee
  • Silver Member
Hey Luffies
« Reply #36 on: February 28, 2003, 04:55:20 PM »
Shane, or anyone else,  if you want a fair 1 vs 1 fight, I suggest H2H, TA or the DA.

If you dont want to get ganged up on, I sugest not entering an area where you will get jumped by many cons. It doesnt take a genius to watch radar and figure out what areas are not very smart to enter.

Aces High is full of Diversity. Where people are from/live, the way people think, or simply how they enjoy the game. This is an issue I have seen ever since I started flying flight sims.

If you dont enjoy the game, quit. If the sides are lopsided, switch sides or quit. I am getting better at logging out when I'm not having fun...and getting better!

Offline Slash27

• Plutonium Member
Hey Luffies
« Reply #37 on: February 28, 2003, 05:01:00 PM »
i do alright in 1,2,3 vs me... it's when teh 4,5,6th come screaming down for a cheap kill (disrespecting the 2 or 3 already engaged with me) that i find annoying... it's amusing when those 4,5,6th guys get all bold on ch1 about it, lol.

Lets all shed a tear for the guy that insists on flying alone. So why is that Shane? Knowing that alot squads fly in here and you hate the Borg, why are you here? There is plenty of your precious 1 vs 1 in the MA. But that makes sense right?

kinda hard to enjoy 63-21 odds. and actually that comment was directed in general, some of you guys guiltily felt you needed to hump my ankle about it. < shrug >

Yeah those numbers blow. But last time i checked there wasnt a total of 63 guys in the 325th or the VF 27 combined. We have swithched to even the #'s and so do the Checkertails but that really isnt the point is it. At even numbers you'd still whine about squads. How stupid is that? You know as do most of you guys that Tues and Thurs are squad nights. If it annoys you so bad fighting the Borg, then why be there for that  1- 1.5 hours? Because you will fly when and how you like correct? Its your money, you will do as you please right? What a concept. Most of us that fly the CT switch sides for #'s when its not a squad night. But thats not important, whining is.

3. like me? everyone? not saying "fly like me" saying... learn enough to be at least a decent stick so you can give a good account when that situation arises. also, 2 or 3 more coming into a fight when there's already 2 or 3 on one guy is simply... silly.

No. nobody likes being ganged, but you insist on flying alone. Am I wrong? If so, why do you keep insisting on a 1 vs 1? Sounds like we need 10 or 12 guys to handle a hero like you.

it's hard enough to attract people into the CT as it is and i have no particular desire to run a squad. you still don't get it about having way lop-sided numbers isn't much for for anyone. did your horde enjoy beating up an empty airfield and town with no opposition? you could have taken 4 bases at once with 5 people each, instead of one empty base with 20 people milling around just hoping to see something moving.

And what you do helps the CT? You want nothing to do with a squad. You want to squeak. The numbers sucked, yes they did. Made for a fun night? No. What should we do about it? I know, lets squeak about the squads because they dont fly like I think they should. Did I miss the new rules of engagement? "When encountering Shane while flying with 2 or more countrymen, you must enage him one at a time because this is what he wants. If you do not adhere to these rules, Shane will be forced to beat up his pillow and scream slobberlamerdonkeyard" When will you figure out that people are not here for you? Any positives you bring to the CT are far overshadowed by your roadkill. I in no way believe you want to improve anything in here you just live to squeak and talk toejam. That goes for the rest of you whiners aswell. If someone has suggestions or has complaints they want addressed, why dont you try it without all the insults and BS? Why dont I follow my own advice? I'll try. It wont help. Some of you "text buffer aces" thrive on whining. It fullfills you empty little lives. Well the hell with you. Im done with this crap.

Offline Shane

• Platinum Member
Hey Luffies
« Reply #38 on: February 28, 2003, 05:05:51 PM »
Originally posted by CurtissP-6EHawk
Shane, or anyone else,  if you want a fair 1 vs 1 fight, I suggest H2H, TA or the DA.
If you dont want to get ganged up on, I sugest not entering an area where you will get jumped by many cons. It doesnt take a genius to watch radar and figure out what areas are not very smart to enter.
If you dont enjoy the game, quit. If the sides are lopsided, switch sides or quit. I am getting better at logging out when I'm not having fun...and getting better!

it's not "fair" i'm looking for, it's "a half-decent chance."  i don't mind 2 on 1 or even some 3 on 1's, it's the 3,4,5,6+ that dive down while i'm already engaged.

you guys really don't get it, do you?

radar in CT is a wonky thing. last nite i was heading toward a friendly base, chasing a dot i thought might be allied.  there was zero dar bar in any surrounding sector, yet there were a good 10 allies hanging over that base.  you should know by now, with reduced con and radar settings it's not as simplistic as you make it seem.

still again you don't get it... i guess you'd rather see CT empty except for your squad so you can  fly around congratulaing yourselves for total air supremacy.

and why would i wanna make it 64-20? how lame is that? pretty damn lame if you ask me; you didn't ask, but i'll tell you anyway.

i still find it amusing you guys are defending this stance.

lame is as lame does.

Offline Shane

• Platinum Member
Hey Luffies
« Reply #39 on: February 28, 2003, 05:11:10 PM »
Originally posted by Slash27
Yeah those numbers blow. But last time i checked there wasnt a total of 63 guys in the 325th or the VF 27 combined.
We have swithched to even the #'s and so do the Checkertails but that really isnt the point is it. At even numbers you'd still whine about squads.
 No. nobody likes being ganged, but you insist on flying alone. Am I wrong? If so, why do you keep insisting on a 1 vs 1? Sounds like we need 10 or 12 guys to handle a hero like you.

exactly.  i never brought any squad into this. you guys started humping my ankle right off teh bat when i mentioned "63-21"
guilty conscious, eh?

and no, it's not squads per se, it's the lameness some squads espouse. specifically vf27 and the checkertails. was that blunt enough for you?

who says i insist on a 1 v 1?  please do try and keep up with my oft stated position.

never in the course of AH history have so many understood so little with so many clues floating around.

it's really depressing to see how unoriginal and uncreative you two specific squads can be.  i'd offer to give you a clue or 4, but it's be like throwing diamonds before swine.
« Last Edit: February 28, 2003, 05:13:49 PM by Shane »

Offline Löwe

• Silver Member
      • http://www.geocities.com/duxfordeagles
Hey Luffies
« Reply #40 on: February 28, 2003, 06:27:30 PM »
Personally I would love a big ole Axis squad in CT. I've spent so much of my time in on-line sims in jagdgeschwaders, I feel I've earned the right to fly whatever the hell I want. The P-47 is my favorite allied ride, and thats what I do. I'd love to build a big Jagdgeschwader to counter the 325th, but I'm also a little tired of building squads. Last night when we checked in there were 190 people in CT. We flew a mission MA opened back up and numbers took a dump. About that time Shane shows and starts with his usual antics, he ethier insults or whines. He never displays any class or any politeness.

So he gets what he deserves most of the time. Personally I get tired of people that have their I'm an amazinhunk button safety wired to the on position. Shane you talk like your gods gift to the game, and that only what you think counts. Your full of it, your an abusive little teenage jerk. Your crap got old months ago, but you seem to have no way of growing up or even trying to be civil. Everything is about you, and for you, as far as your concerned. Nobody was humping your leg last night Jr. You just got treated the way you treat everyone else. Yeah shane your good at AH, wow!!!! It's a game, it doesnt make you a man and it damn sure hasnt earned you any admiration, your still just a lttle boy with a bad additude. If what we do in the 325th pisses you off, then we're doing something right.

On another note, damn tootin we need more Axis fliers! I appreciate the guys like 10bears, eagler, and eskimo, that don't whine, don't draw attention to themselves, they just go out and wreck our fun. Then again their men,, not whiney bellybutton insulting little boys. You want to be cool Shane? Take a note from them. The real masters of the game.

Offline Shane

• Platinum Member
Hey Luffies
« Reply #41 on: February 28, 2003, 06:33:29 PM »
Originally posted by Löwe
voss-disease distortion of the facts.

lol, you 325th dweebs can in no way piss me off.

i'd like to see you and your tyros take a page from the *cool* people you see.  they sure as hell don't act as lamely as your guys.  but i guess that's just due to the lack of leadership.

Offline pzvg

• Zinc Member
Hey Luffies
« Reply #42 on: February 28, 2003, 07:43:19 PM »
You aren't going to see more LW on,
You like gangbanging?
Fine, the cT will be reabsorbed into the MA, and lo and behold, you'll be "just" another large gangbang squad, nothing special in the MA.

My grandfather's brother flew against the overwhelming odds of the allies in the late war, he did not return, and nothing in his letters gives me ANY desire to emulate what he went through.

If you wish the CT to be a smaller version of the vulchfest that is the MA, it's not likely anyone can stop you,
It's also not likely anyone will be around to see it.

"win" the war? only a FRIGGIN' CHUMP thinks that means a damn thing, sorry to be so vehement, but christos that's MA BS pure and clear, you win by having good fights, the kind of battles people talk about, not the 1 of them 200 of us MA battle.

Sad but I think so many of y'all miss the point so badly, that it is really a waste of my time, I can't talk to you about this, you have no basis for comparison, your game style was born and bred in that sewer called the MA.

Forget it, enjoy "capturing" the undefended bases while they exist, whatever floats your boat.

Offline Bear76

• Platinum Member
Who are You?
« Reply #43 on: February 28, 2003, 08:20:50 PM »
pv-whatever,

I have never seen you in the CT. Know what you are talking about or stay out of it. We "the Checkertails" flew japanese in the Burma map when no one else would. Shane? Well he never even made an appearance. to you grandpa!

Offline Löwe

• Silver Member
      • http://www.geocities.com/duxfordeagles
Hey Luffies
« Reply #44 on: February 28, 2003, 08:43:13 PM »
Originally posted by Shane
lol, you 325th dweebs can in no way piss me off.

i'd like to see you and your tyros take a page from the *cool* people you see.  they sure as hell don't act as lamely as your guys.  but i guess that's just due to the lack of leadership.

LOL nice try Junior. Funny thing ....... I don't see anybody following you. :D
It's Friday night shouldnt you have a date or something, or are you scared of the girls?
Maybe thats why you have to insult people all the time, your really just a wimpy lil dilrod who can't even get a date. BTW being called dweeb, tard, or any other of the childish little insults you fart out your miserable little mouth are a badge of honor. So keep them coming.
Nuff of this crap.