Author Topic: Terrain of Israel  (Read 406 times)

Offline artik

• Silver Member
      • Blog
Terrain of Israel
« on: March 28, 2003, 01:50:04 PM »
Hi,
I am bulding the terrain of Israel for SEA, and maybe CT too.
there is the link to the terrain description and download if someone interested:
http://www.geocities.com/artyomtnk

I want to make the terrain not only for air battals but for ground sorties too. A large area of the map is dessert - rock terrain type. It is hard for GV to drive over it. I've added roads to drive on them, is there any more solutions?

The fields as you can see (if you downloaded the terrain) placed at long distances each form other so I need to add GV entry points to make the GVs jump over the map or you will have to drive for hours. What is good distance from the GV entry point to the enemy field? What is the time that is suitable for GV to get to his target? How did it solved in big terrains that are used for SEA?

Skins - I've added the skin of 109G6 of IAF it looks good, but when I've tried to make the skin of Spit9 Terrain Editor Crashes when I try to build the terrain - but I still can see the IAF skin of spit9 at the TE, how do I solve it? I saw that P51D have USAF simbol as different texture and not at the skin of wings and fuselage. How can I add IAF simbol and not to change it at all US planes in the game?

Artik,
101 "Red" Squadron, Israel
Artik, 101 "Red" Squadron, Israel

Offline NHawk

• Silver Member
Terrain of Israel
« Reply #1 on: March 30, 2003, 08:00:10 AM »
To smooth the driving, you'll need to make new tiles for either grass or farm (and the corresponding tiles they tile with) and switch your rock terrain to one of them.
Most of the people you meet in life are like slinkies. Pretty much useless, but still bring a smile to your face when you push them down the stairs.
-------------------------------
Sometimes I think I have alzheimers. But then I forget about it and it's not a problem anymore.