Author Topic: "Columbia teacher calls for `a million Mogadishus'"  (Read 1369 times)

Offline akak

• Silver Member
      • http://www.479thraiders.com
Re: "Columbia teacher calls for `a million Mogadishus'"
« Reply #1 on: March 29, 2003, 06:01:58 AM »
Originally posted by anonymous
check out this story http://story.news.yahoo.com/news?tmpl=story&u=/ap/20030328/ap_wo_en_ge/na_gen_us_professor_mogadishu_2

That professor is lucky he lives in a country that allows him to express his opinions and act like an *******.

Ack-Ack

Offline funkedup

• Plutonium Member
      • http://www.raf303.org/
"Columbia teacher calls for `a million Mogadishus'"
« Reply #2 on: March 29, 2003, 08:02:36 AM »
LOL he's lucky he doesn't live near me.

Offline hawk220

• Parolee
  • Silver Member
« Reply #3 on: March 29, 2003, 08:23:28 AM »
dude is going to wake up with a horse head in his bed

Offline OIO

• Silver Member
« Reply #4 on: March 29, 2003, 08:29:41 AM »

yep...

Offline GRUNHERZ

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #5 on: March 29, 2003, 09:07:51 AM »
Now I wish I applied to Columbia... :mad:

Offline ra

• Parolee
  • Gold Member
« Reply #6 on: March 29, 2003, 09:17:53 AM »
This professor has a first amendment right to free speech, so those of us who disagree with him have to keep our mouths shut.

ra

Offline muckmaw

• Gold Member
« Reply #7 on: March 29, 2003, 09:52:08 AM »
Tell this Jack off what you think!! Here's his e-mail, and that of the administration.

npd18@columbia.edu (The Schmuck)

jrc5@columbia.edu (The Schmucks Provost)

Dear Professor-

I recently read an article concerning the statements you made at the Newsday Teach-in regarding our Military Forces in Iraq. Though I repect your right to speak your mind, I feel your comments were inflammatory, and inappropriate.

Rest assured, I will be excercising my freedom of expression, by making certain my daughter does NOT attend Columbia next year. I would prefer her get a good education in a different institution without the influence of your disgusting rhetoric.

Remember, professor, the only reason you have the right to speak your mind is because men and women fought for you to have it. I think intellectuals like you, in your ivory towers need to remember that.

You are an insult to active duty, and retired military service men and women the world over.

Please be assured, I will be sending this correspondance to the administration of your institution.

With great disdain,
Joseph L. Pizzo

Offline john9001

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #8 on: March 29, 2003, 09:58:34 AM »
Mogadishu, thats where a handfull of special forces killed about a thousand somollies.

Offline -Concho-

• Parolee
  • Nickel Member
« Reply #9 on: March 29, 2003, 11:33:54 AM »
Originally posted by john9001
Mogadishu, thats where a handfull of special forces killed about a thousand somollies.

we had a pretty high K/D ratio there, and i think it was recent enough not to forget the mistakes made (ie aromor support)

Offline Kanth

• Gold Member
« Reply #10 on: March 29, 2003, 12:17:13 PM »
Never.  :)

Originally posted by ra
This professor has a first amendment right to free speech, so those of us who disagree with him have to keep our mouths shut.

ra
Gone from the game. Please see Spikes or Nefarious for any Ahevents.net admin needs.

Offline Maverick

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #11 on: March 29, 2003, 12:18:45 PM »
This is another example of the exercise of free speech by one who is ill equiped to use it in a wise manner. He can say those things in a public forum, ie. a gathering of people, but he should be prepared for the backlash of his ill intentioned remarks. The really sad thing is his ability to be in the educational process which gives him an "air" of legitimacy to his students who have not been taught to think for themselves.
DEFINITION OF A VETERAN
A Veteran - whether active duty, retired, national guard or reserve - is someone who, at one point in their life, wrote a check made payable to "The United States of America", for an amount of "up to and including my life."
Author Unknown

Offline batdog

• Silver Member
      • http://www.dasmuppets.com/
« Reply #12 on: March 29, 2003, 01:02:28 PM »
I will be out of the office until March 22, 2003.
Your mail will be read and answered when I return.

Best,

Jonathan R. Cole

Hummm.... I recieved this upon writing this indiv.
Of course, I only see what he posts here and what he does in the MA.  I know virtually nothing about the man.  I think its important for people to realize that we don't really know squat about each other.... definately not enough to use words like "hate".

AKDejaVu

Offline Batz

• Gold Member
      • http://bellsouthpwp.net/w/o/wotans/4JG53/
« Reply #13 on: March 29, 2003, 01:46:25 PM »
Actually its free speech that allows this type of stupidity to see the light of day. It can then be properly "smacked down" for the bs that it is.

I am not to concerned about some one saying such degenerate bs. I am a bit surprised that any one could believe that. Werent like 3000 somalis killed for 18 us?

The US surely wasnt beaten they just pulled out and I cant think anyone can doudt that even with that light force they could have killed thousands more.

Offline capt. apathy

• Platinum Member
      • http://www.moviewavs.com/cgi-bin/moviewavs.cgi?Bandits=danger.wav
« Reply #14 on: March 29, 2003, 01:52:20 PM »
one of the beautiful things about free speach is it allows the a-holes to identify themselves for you