Author Topic: "Columbia teacher calls for `a million Mogadishus'"  (Read 1370 times)

Offline akak

• Silver Member
      • http://www.479thraiders.com
"Columbia teacher calls for `a million Mogadishus'"
« Reply #15 on: March 29, 2003, 02:03:12 PM »
Originally posted by ra
This professor has a first amendment right to free speech, so those of us who disagree with him have to keep our mouths shut.

ra

No we don't have to keep our mouths shut.  We also have the right to disagree with his views, just as he has the right to disagree to ours.  And the fact doesn't change that this professor is an obvious bellybutton that he advocates the slaughter of troops of his own nation.

Ack-Ack

Offline midnight Target

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #16 on: March 29, 2003, 02:42:47 PM »
History professor Eric Foner, who helped organize the teach-in and spoke after De Genova, said Friday, "I disagreed strongly and I said so. If I had known what he was going to say I would have been reluctant to have him speak."

I wonder why this wasn't noted. I mean one idiot shoots off his mouth and its headlines... 24 others were much more reasonable and there is silence.

Offline Bodhi

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #17 on: March 29, 2003, 02:44:17 PM »
My letter to the schmuck and his provost, not too mention I forwarded this to quite a few of my friends.

Dear Professor,

Having recently been made aware of the statements made by yourself during the Teach-In, I was appalled.  Your right to free speech is guaranteed by this countries constitution, and I respect that, but I do not respect a man of your stature calling for the deaths of 18 million Americans.

Your rights you so whimsically use, were paid for in blood by the vary services you so hope to discredit.  I further find your attitude and demeanor, whether official or not, to be a black mark on the face of Columbia University.  This correspondence is being forwarded to the provost who I believe has forethought to be in the process of reviewing your tenure.

Your actions disgust me,

Derek J. Green
I regret doing business with TD Computer Systems.

Offline muckmaw

• Gold Member
« Reply #18 on: March 29, 2003, 03:31:35 PM »
Originally posted by Bodhi
My letter to the schmuck and his provost, not too mention I forwarded this to quite a few of my friends.

Dear Professor,

Having recently been made aware of the statements made by yourself during the Teach-In, I was appalled.  Your right to free speech is guaranteed by this countries constitution, and I respect that, but I do not respect a man of your stature calling for the deaths of 18 million Americans.

Your rights you so whimsically use, were paid for in blood by the vary services you so hope to discredit.  I further find your attitude and demeanor, whether official or not, to be a black mark on the face of Columbia University.  This correspondence is being forwarded to the provost who I believe has forethought to be in the process of reviewing your tenure.

Your actions disgust me,

Derek J. Green

Excellent, Bodhi!

Well thought out, and well written. This is the kind of e-mails we need to send to be taken seriously.

This man can have all the free speech he wants, but I'm not paying for it by sending my daughter to Columbia. (She's 3...its not a problem anyway, but they don't need to know that.)

He can say whatever he wants, but he better be ready for the backlash.

WTG Guys!

Offline BGBMAW

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
« Reply #19 on: March 29, 2003, 04:13:18 PM »
sent....to both guys....

what a dirtbag..wheres the Bulldozer at?

Offline BGBMAW

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
« Reply #20 on: March 29, 2003, 04:36:46 PM »
lolo i couldnt help my self...

I told him on a reply message to Protest near a Bulldozer please

Offline Sikboy

• Platinum Member
« Reply #21 on: March 29, 2003, 04:42:04 PM »
After 80,000 Mogadishus Iraq will be out of citizens. I guess the Professor is enorsing genocide.

-Sik
You: Blah Blah Blah
Me: Meh, whatever.

Offline Martlet

• Platinum Member
« Reply #22 on: March 29, 2003, 05:01:40 PM »
I sent one as well.

As for mogadishu, I have a friend that was there.  Since I was SF as well, we trade war stories often.  One of the major reasons he gives for the absolute fubar that occured, was the chicken toejam UN support wouldn't enter the fire zone to conduct a rescue.  Nor would they let the US use their armored vehicles.

According to him, some of the vehicles had to be convinced to move at gunpoint.

Offline -ammo-

• Platinum Member
« Reply #23 on: March 29, 2003, 05:53:00 PM »
Originally posted by ra
This professor has a first amendment right to free speech, so those of us who disagree with him have to keep our mouths shut.

ra

I wouldn't say a word when I punched him in the nose.
Commanding Officer, 56 Fighter Group
Retired USAF - 1988 - 2011

Offline Ack-Ack

• Radioactive Member
      • FlameWarriors
« Reply #24 on: March 29, 2003, 06:18:31 PM »
Originally posted by Martlet
Nor would they let the US use their armored vehicles.

You're right that the UN protection force had to be 'convinced' to send out a rescue team but the failure not to allow Task Force Dagger to use armored vehicles lies square on the shoulders of then Secretary of Defense Lee Aspin when he vetoed the idea, saying it was 'too much of a provocation'.  That's why he was forced to resign soon after.

Ack-Ack
"If Jesus came back as an airplane, he would be a P-38." - WW2 P-38 pilot
Elite Top Aces +1 Mexican Official Squadron Song

Offline Raubvogel

• Gold Member
« Reply #25 on: March 29, 2003, 07:19:01 PM »
Anyone know how to program a bot that generates random insulting letters and mails em to this dirtbag? :)

Offline SunKing

• Gold Member
« Reply #26 on: March 29, 2003, 07:22:53 PM »
Is he dead yet?

Offline Martlet

• Platinum Member
« Reply #27 on: March 29, 2003, 07:30:36 PM »
Originally posted by Ack-Ack
You're right that the UN protection force had to be 'convinced' to send out a rescue team but the failure not to allow Task Force Dagger to use armored vehicles lies square on the shoulders of then Secretary of Defense Lee Aspin when he vetoed the idea, saying it was 'too much of a provocation'.  That's why he was forced to resign soon after.

Ack-Ack

I was referring to the vehicles of the rescue operation, not the initial assault.

Offline GRUNHERZ

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #28 on: March 29, 2003, 07:36:49 PM »
Ra was being sarcastic. :)

MT plese answer in all honesty, would you be so calm if that speaker had openly called for the violent death of all Nigggers instead of 18 million soldiers or that the only real heros were people who kept blacks down and opressed or who killed civil rights leaders and the only repremend he recieved was somebody saying he disagreed with the intensity of what he said.
How are this mans comments any different than any of the KKK  who have the said the exact same thing before in a different context - oh yea he has liberals making exuse for him, he has tenure, and he gets to say these things at a collge campus without gettibg booed or protested. And lets all remember  how nasty liberal college students can get when conservative speakers are invited to talk on campus. Their behavior is sickening.

BTW If he had asked for the death of all Nigggers would this man still have a job?

Sorry to frame it so harshly but its the only way I think I can  convey my outrage through to you.

Offline BGBMAW

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
« Reply #29 on: March 29, 2003, 07:49:47 PM »
LMFAo..Raub when u get it..forward me a copy...I got a few who fit that list of"never check 6"..

lolo