Author Topic: Jessica Lynch, 507th Maint Bn, RESCUED!  (Read 3354 times)

Offline Dowding

• Platinum Member
      • http://www.psys07629.pwp.blueyonder.co.uk/272/index.html
Jessica Lynch, 507th Maint Bn, RESCUED!
« Reply #30 on: April 02, 2003, 02:19:20 AM »
WTG!

The bodies in the hospital were Iraqis, apparently (not killed in rescue attempt, but in previous fighting).
War! Never been so much fun. War! Never been so much fun! Go to your brother, Kill him with your gun, Leave him lying in his uniform, Dying in the sun.

Offline Martlet

• Platinum Member
« Reply #31 on: April 02, 2003, 02:23:19 AM »
Originally posted by UserName
Got a link on any of this? Or are you getting the updates on TV/Radio?

Sorry,

TV update, haven't seen any links yet.   They just said they found bodies.  No indication of nationality or how they died.  They IMPLIED US bodies, but didn't even come out and say that.

Offline davidpt40

• Silver Member
« Reply #32 on: April 02, 2003, 04:17:48 AM »
Lets not confuse the Iraqis with the Afghanis.  Iraq is a very civilized nation.  I seriously doubt any American POWs were executed or used for target practice.  It was probably a very quick ambush from close range, the Iraqis had time to aim well whilest the Americans never knew what hit them.  They most likely grabbed the girl and a few others and hauled them back to base after the short gun battle was over.

Its easy to speculate, but realistically, the Iraqis know they cant win, so I dont imagine they will be wanting to commit lots of war crimes.  They have cared for POWs so far, and I imagine they will continue to do so.

But I am very very glad this girl was rescued.  I don't believe combat is anyplace for a teenage girl.

Offline Martlet

• Platinum Member
« Reply #33 on: April 02, 2003, 05:49:40 AM »
Originally posted by davidpt40
Lets not confuse the Iraqis with the Afghanis.  Iraq is a very civilized nation.  I seriously doubt any American POWs were executed or used for target practice.  It was probably a very quick ambush from close range, the Iraqis had time to aim well whilest the Americans never knew what hit them.  They most likely grabbed the girl and a few others and hauled them back to base after the short gun battle was over.

Its easy to speculate, but realistically, the Iraqis know they cant win, so I dont imagine they will be wanting to commit lots of war crimes.  They have cared for POWs so far, and I imagine they will continue to do so.

But I am very very glad this girl was rescued.  I don't believe combat is anyplace for a teenage girl.

No disrespect intended, but what rock have you been living under?

Offline Hortlund

• Platinum Member
« Reply #34 on: April 02, 2003, 05:51:55 AM »
Iraq is a very civilized nation.

Yeah...compared to the mongols of Djingis Kahn perhaps.

Offline GRUNHERZ

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #35 on: April 02, 2003, 05:55:56 AM »

The iraqis in general were or even still are a civilized people to a lage extent no doubt. However 40 years of baathism and saddam hussein has made many of them very barbaric and uncivilized. They are probabbly civilized the same way nazi germany was civilized, yes i think thats a pretty good comparison - the people are civilized but the govt has brought out and beat in the demons of these peple.

Offline davidpt40

• Silver Member
« Reply #36 on: April 02, 2003, 06:29:32 AM »
I believe Iraq to be much more civilized than other middle-eastern countries.  Not sure if I made that very clear in my post.  I would much rather be a POW in Iraq rather than Iran or Afghanistan.

I'm not defending Iraq in anyway.  But compared to the nations which are overflowing with muslim fundamentalist/extremest (now these are the real whackos, executing men, women, and children left and right), Iraq is practically a peace loving nation.

I also believe that most Iraqis are educated enough to not believe the garbage about dying and going to heaven with 40 virgins.  Well they might go to heaven with 40 virgins (their comrades) if they try to engage U.S. forces.

Offline GRUNHERZ

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #37 on: April 02, 2003, 06:42:24 AM »
You just dont get it do you? Iraq is not the problem, saddam hussein is the problem. He is very uncivilzed, hell he and his sons put people feet first through giant shereddingf machines.  And BTW Iran is just as civilized as iraq, actually probably more.

Offline batdog

• Silver Member
      • http://www.dasmuppets.com/
« Reply #38 on: April 02, 2003, 06:47:45 AM »
I believe Iraq to be much more civilized than other middle-eastern countries.  Not sure if I made that very clear in my post.  I would much rather be a POW in Iraq rather than Iran or Afghanistan.

I'm not defending Iraq in anyway.  But compared to the nations which are overflowing with muslim fundamentalist/extremest (now these are the real whackos, executing men, women, and children left and right), Iraq is practically a peace loving nation.

I also believe that most Iraqis are educated enough to not believe the garbage about dying and going to heaven with 40 virgins.  Well they might go to heaven with 40 virgins (their comrades) if they try to engage U.S. forces.

Your a ****ing moron.

The average Iraqi is a decent sort I'm sure. Saddams cronies are not. Who the **** do you think was holding this girl and those prisoners? Mr and Ms common Iraqi? Buy a clue dumb ass.

Those soldiers that went in and got that young trooper out.

There are 11 bodies out there... and that has me whoopee pissed.
« Last Edit: April 02, 2003, 06:54:26 AM by batdog »
Of course, I only see what he posts here and what he does in the MA.  I know virtually nothing about the man.  I think its important for people to realize that we don't really know squat about each other.... definately not enough to use words like "hate".

AKDejaVu

Offline Eagler

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #39 on: April 02, 2003, 06:55:56 AM »
great news to us

a blessing to her family and friends
"Masters of the Air" Scenario - JG27

Intel Core i7-13700KF | GIGABYTE Z790 AORUS Elite AX | 64GB G.Skill DDR5 | EVGA GeForce RTX 3070 Ti FTW3 | Vive Pro | Warthog stick | TM1600 throttle | VKB Mk.V Rudder Pedals

Offline batdog

• Silver Member
« Reply #40 on: April 02, 2003, 06:57:04 AM »

Once again handsomehunk..read my first reply to you. About her being a "teenage" girl. She's a whoopee soldier. How old do you think most of those youngmen are that are fighting near Bagdad? whoopee you are a clueless ****nut.
Of course, I only see what he posts here and what he does in the MA.  I know virtually nothing about the man.  I think its important for people to realize that we don't really know squat about each other.... definately not enough to use words like "hate".

AKDejaVu

Offline blur

• Parolee
  • Copper Member
« Reply #41 on: April 02, 2003, 07:06:53 AM »
Good news.

I just hope that American troops don’t shoot her going through the checkpoint

Offline batdog

• Silver Member
« Reply #42 on: April 02, 2003, 07:12:34 AM »
Originally posted by blur
Good news.

Your a classic example of a ****nut as well Blur. Real nice.

AKDejaVu

Offline davidpt40

• Silver Member
« Reply #43 on: April 02, 2003, 07:22:19 AM »
Batdog you are very belligerent and ignorant.  Go through boot camp and some additional training and you think that makes a 5'4 teenage girl who joined up for college tuition a soldier?  Oh yeah, she is probably a hard-core killing machine.

I really dont see what you are getting so angry and upset over?  Do you think the Iraqi army is a totally different population than the civilians?  Where do you think the army gets its soldiers?  But I guess for an uneducated person like yourself, your reasoning is as good as could be hoped for.

I'm not understanding the conflict here.  Iraq is much more modern in terms of technology and goverment than its neighbors.  Does Iraq have a king and queen? Does Iraq require that women wear cloths over their faces?  Is muslim fundamentalism the primary religion?  

Lets take a look at the word CIVILIZED: To raise from barbarism to an enlightened stage of development; bring out of a primitive or savage state.

For every execution in Iraq I gurantee there were at least 5 in Iran or Afghanistan.

I forget, what is the only country in the U.N. to execute prisoners/political enemies?  Oh thats right, the UNITED STATES.

Offline Smut

• Copper Member
« Reply #44 on: April 02, 2003, 07:30:30 AM »
Originally posted by blur

You are a real class act.

-Smut