Author Topic: Why the Left Loves Osama [and Saddam]  (Read 1918 times)

Offline Sandman

• Plutonium Member
Why the Left Loves Osama [and Saddam]
« Reply #45 on: April 05, 2003, 01:10:23 PM »
So might makes right?
sand

Offline Karnak

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #46 on: April 05, 2003, 01:10:37 PM »
Martet,

Get a clue.  The Left isn't opposed becuase they're afraid.  There's nothing from Iraq to be afraid of.  They're opposed because they think its a stupid thing to do.

The only apparently afraid people are those advocating it by claiming that if we don't Saddam'll do a 9-11 on us.  If they themselves are not afraid, they are most certainly trying to play the fear card to justify the war.
Petals floating by,
      Drift through my woman's hand,
             As she remembers me-

Offline Torque

• Gold Member
« Reply #47 on: April 05, 2003, 01:11:22 PM »
Originally posted by Martlet
No, we just have no desire to have the will of 3rd world countries imposed on us.  We take it upon ourselves to do the right thing.  If you don't like it, do something about it.

Of course you do...

Offline blitz

• Silver Member
« Reply #48 on: April 05, 2003, 01:13:10 PM »
and we got the washington sniper

Was he willing to give his life?

and we got the taliban [/B]

That was revenge for 11/9 and ok by me. But Taliban is  still alive there, killing people , firing rockets on german camp, killing american boys .

and we'll get saddam [/B]
 Invading a sovereign country by violation of international law will bring up more hate.
More hate = more terrorism

Ignoring it doesn't make it go away.  But hunting them down as they pop up, at least distributes justice.  It's really all you can do.[/B]

We can accept and provide international laws and try to make them better.

We can be fair to third world countries and try to convince them by getting rid of allies who oppress their people and are dictatorships.

We can do a lot more things other than playin the easy card and call for the bloody gods of war.

Regards Blitz
« Last Edit: April 05, 2003, 01:16:52 PM by blitz »

Offline Martlet

• Platinum Member
« Reply #49 on: April 05, 2003, 01:14:10 PM »
Originally posted by Karnak
Martet,

Get a clue.  The Left isn't opposed becuase they're afraid.  There's nothing from Iraq to be afraid of.  They're opposed because they think its a stupid thing to do.

The only apparently afraid people are those advocating it by claiming that if we don't Saddam'll do a 9-11 on us.  If they themselves are not afraid, they are most certainly trying to play the fear card to justify the war.

Turn on the news once in awhile.  Pick up a paper.  Educate yourself.

Fact:  Saddam is a threat to his neighbors when the US isn't spending it's money babysitting him.
Fact:  Saddam is in violation of numerous UN resolutions.
Fact:  Terrorists train in Iraq.
Fact:  The US is constantly threatened by terrorists.
etc etc.

You can keep your head in the sand, I'll do my best to keep you safe.

Offline Torque

• Gold Member
« Reply #50 on: April 05, 2003, 01:19:20 PM »
Turn on the news once in awhile.  Pick up a paper.  Educate yourself.

Fact:  Saddam is a threat to his neighbors when the US isn't spending it's money babysitting him.
Fact:  Saddam is in violation of numerous UN resolutions.
Fact:  Terrorists train in Iraq.
Fact:  The US is constantly threatened by terrorists.
etc etc.

Offline blitz

• Silver Member
« Reply #51 on: April 05, 2003, 01:19:46 PM »
you go on living in fear of taking action.  Be a victim.

We'll take care of it, we always do.

How can ya prevent it?

ETA-> Spain

IRA->  UK

Brigade Rosse-> Italy

Tschetschenien

Afganisthan

RAF-> Germany

Many countries have seen terrorism for a long time but normaly it was against 'hard to get' targets like military people and government members but if terrorists really want to get civilians we are lost because that is very easy.

Look at Washington sniper.

Regards Blitz

Offline Sandman

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #52 on: April 05, 2003, 01:20:06 PM »

keep thinking that. you'll feel better, honest.
sand

Offline Martlet

• Platinum Member
« Reply #53 on: April 05, 2003, 01:20:45 PM »
Originally posted by blitz
How can ya prevent it?

ETA-> Spain

IRA->  UK

Brigade Rosse-> Italy

Tschetschenien

Afganisthan

RAF-> Germany

Many countries have seen terrorism for a long time but normaly it was against 'hard to get' targets like military people and government members but if terrorists really want to get civilians we are lost because that is very easy.

Look at Washington sniper.

Regards Blitz

I answered this in the first thread you posted it in.  Can you try to keep your arguments together?

Offline hazed-

• Gold Member
      • http://combatarena.users.btopenworld.com
« Reply #54 on: April 05, 2003, 01:21:02 PM »
well i respect your veiws and all but I firmly believe, either incorrectly or not that Blair is of the opinion that this man Saddam is the biggest threat to western society. To me he seems more a concerned head of our countries security than some kind of oil game player.Blair was in no fear of losing the next election (when it would have come and there was no election on the immediate horizon threatening his position).From a UK citizens point of veiw Blair is in fact risking his entire future on this war.
The political opersition to Blair and the labour party is practically non existant,The conservative party are a joke. So you have to ask yourself why he would risk everything when there was just oil involved.He risks losing the next election now even if the war is won AND they find the weapons of mass destruction.
The British are notorious for voting in a change of government even after a victorious war.Im sure Blair must be fully aware that his image in the eyes of the British public has now been completely changed. I know it sounds rediculous to say but I trust the man.He has a family and I think he would think of his childrens future. I dont think he wanted this war anymore than any of us but he is aware of more than us im sure.For him to risk so much, well for me its telling me to listen and to listen NOW.

true the terrorists will seek revenge.Im damn well sure they will and i dread it as well all should BUT they sure wont have the funding to opperate at such high levels as they are presently receiving from Saddam.I say strike first and rid the world of his fanatical regime.I make this decision on the information I have received from my elected government who i trust(somewhat instinctively I admit but something is telling me Blair is right).I only hope its a trust well founded.

As for Bush I wasnt certain of his motives and remain uncertain but if Saddam is produciing these weapons and on a scale that only an entire country can produce I can certainly understand the desire not to wait for everyone to stop flapping their arms around.
I suspect he is as forced into action as Blair.They know Saddam is doing what they accuse him of and they know theres precious little time to do it before they are used on our countries.At least I hope that is the reason.Again its based on a trust we are being told the truth.If it turns out we are being lied to then what will it say about our systems of government? A huge risk indeed and i hope Bush is sencere.
« Last Edit: April 05, 2003, 01:41:09 PM by hazed- »

Offline blitz

• Silver Member
« Reply #55 on: April 05, 2003, 02:01:08 PM »
Originally posted by hazed-
well i respect your veiws and all but I firmly believe, either incorrectly or not that Blair is of the opinion that this man Saddam is the biggest threat to western society. To me he seems more a concerned head of our countries security than some kind of oil game player.Blair was in no fear of losing the next election (when it would have come and there was no election on the immediate horizon threatening his position).From a UK citizens point of veiw Blair is in fact risking his entire future on this war.
The political opersition to Blair and the labour party is practically non existant,The conservative party are a joke. So you have to ask yourself why he would risk everything when there was just oil involved.He risks losing the next election now even if the war is won AND they find the weapons of mass destruction.
The British are notorious for voting in a change of government even after a victorious war.Im sure Blair must be fully aware that his image in the eyes of the British public has now been completely changed. I know it sounds rediculous to say but I trust the man.He has a family and I think he would think of his childrens future. I dont think he wanted this war anymore than any of us but he is aware of more than us im sure.For him to risk so much, well for me its telling me to listen and to listen NOW.

true the terrorists will seek revenge.Im damn well sure they will and i dread it as well all should BUT they sure wont have the funding to opperate at such high levels as they are presently receiving from Saddam.I say strike first and rid the world of his fanatical regime.I make this decision on the information I have received from my elected government who i trust(somewhat instinctively I admit but something is telling me Blair is right).I only hope its a trust well founded.

As for Bush I wasnt certain of his motives and remain uncertain but if Saddam is produciing these weapons and on a scale that only an entire country can produce I can certainly understand the desire not to wait for everyone to stop flapping their arms around.
I suspect he is as forced into action as Blair.They know Saddam is doing what they accuse him of and they know theres precious little time to do it before they are used on our countries.At least I hope that is the reason.Again its based on a trust we are being told the truth.If it turns out we are being lied to then what will it say about our systems of government? A huge risk indeed and i hope Bush is sencere.

Ok, one big problem for me is that US government said they had huge prove that Saddam has lots of WMDs and other weapons he wasn't aloud to possess.

The Inspectors have run north and south, to the east and to the west. They couldn't find anything. With all the intelligence, spy satelites, human spys US had, the inspectors couldn't find anything?

This is not a country like Vietnam, it's flate like a table, no vegetation, just dessert, wouldn't it be well worth the time to led the inspectors finish their job instead going to war with thousants dying?

Was US government really interested in disarming Iraq?

Did they lie in the face of the world all the time when they told it they were? Was the plan right from the beginning to go to war with Iraq?

Are many in the current US government former oil guys?

Did the oil industry provide election of Bush with 50 million dollar?

Did US government changed their goals for this bloody war every second day?

Blitz
« Last Edit: April 05, 2003, 02:21:35 PM by blitz »

Offline Martlet

• Platinum Member
« Reply #56 on: April 05, 2003, 04:49:23 PM »
Ok, one big problem for me is that US government said they had huge prove that Saddam has lots of WMDs and other weapons he wasn't aloud to possess.

The Inspectors have run north and south, to the east and to the west. They couldn't find anything. With all the intelligence, spy satelites, human spys US had, the inspectors couldn't find anything?

This is not a country like Vietnam, it's flate like a table, no vegetation, just dessert, wouldn't it be well worth the time to led the inspectors finish their job instead going to war with thousants dying?

Was US government really interested in disarming Iraq?

Did they lie in the face of the world all the time when they told it they were? Was the plan right from the beginning to go to war with Iraq?

Are many in the current US government former oil guys?

Did the oil industry provide election of Bush with 50 million dollar?

Did US government changed their goals for this bloody war every second day?

Blitz

It's a little early to start screaming "liars".  You quite obviously have no practical knowledge of military operations.  I'll bet you 3 months of AH that WMD are found.

Offline blitz

• Silver Member
« Reply #57 on: April 05, 2003, 05:12:26 PM »
It's a little early to start screaming "liars".  You quite obviously have no practical knowledge of military operations.  I'll bet you 3 months of AH that WMD are found.

No doubt about it.

Makes absolutely no sense now, though.

Your government has played 'va banque'.

They must find WMDs or they lost in space.

Plan Nr. 1  They find some WMDs Saddam has hidden somewhere.

Plan 2. If they don't find WMDs they'll find WMDs...., i asure you.

Would have been much more convincing if the UN inspectors would have found WMDs.

Your government is a Bunch of Liars to me, sorry to say, can't help :(

Regards Blitz

America was threatened by Iraq in no way, it was just plain ridiculous- It's a classic bloody 'Aggression War'

When will this tough little country of Vietnam see that apology?

Americans and Vietnamese have something in common :

Their pride
« Last Edit: April 05, 2003, 05:19:20 PM by blitz »

Offline AKIron

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #58 on: April 05, 2003, 05:20:19 PM »
Your government is a Bunch of Liars to me, sorry to say, can't help :(

Damned if we do and damned if we don't eh? Good thing most of us here don't give a **** what you and your ilk think.
Here we put salt on Margaritas, not sidewalks.

Offline blitz

• Silver Member
« Reply #59 on: April 05, 2003, 05:54:06 PM »
Originally posted by AKIron
Damned if we do and damned if we don't eh? Good thing most of us here don't give a **** what you and your ilk think.

Truth is a one way street and ya government tried to use it both ways- lost it :(

Regards Blitz

America was threatened by Iraq in no way, it was just plain ridiculous- It's a classic bloody 'Aggression War'

When will this tough little country of Vietnam see that apology?

Americans and Vietnamese have something in common :

Their pride