Author Topic: Al Jeerez reporting that Saddam is in Russian Embassy  (Read 5742 times)

Offline Martlet

• Platinum Member
Al Jeerez reporting that Saddam is in Russian Embassy
« Reply #30 on: April 09, 2003, 11:35:19 AM »
Originally posted by Boroda
Iraqi surgeon took that bullet from his belly. Several other bullets were extracted from the cars and bus.

So, I guess this episode was not reported by your media? Yeah, free press. Who could expect anything else?

What links!? It's on TV here. Damn, the 2nd channel reporter who was in that convoy and reported on sat phone was scared as toejam. He said it could be no mistake.

Don't you have an idea why mrs. Rice flew to Moscow immediately after that episode?

Rice flew to Moscow immediately after the event because Putrid's cronies started blaming the US, and at the time, it was unsure if we played a part in it.

Since then, it seems doubtful that we did.  The reason you don't have any links to prove otherwise, is there aren't any.

All your garbage posts have been disproved, so now you must resort to making up stuff.

Nice try, though.

Offline Boroda

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #31 on: April 09, 2003, 11:37:50 AM »
Originally posted by SLO
lets play 'what if' Boroda....

now lets say this IRAQI soldier had the bright idea to get the Russians attention and NOT to permit them to leave.....so that the iraqis could have 1 more chip too play....it is known that Russia is good friends with Saddam...right?....ya can't deny that.

what if an IRAQI soldier who had a gun 'made in the US. with bullets 'made in the US'....

this said soldier wants to create a riff between Russia and the US....but wait a minute.....thinks the soldier...I'll shot the Diplomat with my 'made in the US Gun'....and voila.

Our journalists are stupid, but they can tell a US tank/BMP from a Soviet one.

Most of journalism departments in our unversities have military education, so that guys are at least Sr. Lts.

So you want to say that Iraqis used a company of captured US armour to make a provocation? :D

Offline Boroda

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #32 on: April 09, 2003, 11:41:36 AM »
Originally posted by Martlet
Rice flew to Moscow immediately after the event because Putrid's cronies started blaming the US, and at the time, it was unsure if we played a part in it.

Since then, it seems doubtful that we did.  The reason you don't have any links to prove otherwise, is there aren't any.

All your garbage posts have been disproved, so now you must resort to making up stuff.

Nice try, though.

Keep following the Party line, comrade. What they tell you on TV can't be a lie. They can't lie. Like wolves can't eat meat.

It's so damn hard to admit that brave "coalition" forces shoot at everything that is moving towards them, eh?

Offline muckmaw

• Gold Member
« Reply #33 on: April 09, 2003, 11:45:45 AM »
Pavel-

Do me a favor, and take the "With respect" out of your signature.

Offline WineMan

• Zinc Member
« Reply #34 on: April 09, 2003, 11:45:49 AM »
Originally posted by Dowding
Why should the Coalition get their hands on him?

He should be dealt with by the Iraqi people, ideally. Like Ceacesceau (too many vowels, I know). If not them, then the UN via the World Court (like Milosevic).

Here, here Dowding.

I don't know I would turn him loose in Iraq again, but at the very least he could go before the Hague...

Offline SOB

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #35 on: April 09, 2003, 11:45:57 AM »
Keep following the Party line, comrade.

Spoken by Boroda...the words he lives by.

SOB
Three Times One Minus One.  Dayum!

Offline Martlet

• Platinum Member
« Reply #36 on: April 09, 2003, 11:50:10 AM »
Originally posted by SOB
Spoken by Boroda...the words he lives by.

SOB

That's his standard line when he's caught with a handful of crap.

Offline Boroda

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #37 on: April 09, 2003, 11:53:08 AM »
Originally posted by Curval
Selling lots of weapons to a crazy dictator...THAT is what this thread is about.  Please comment on the stats.

Well, first of all I don't know the source for this graph. With the comments it has - it must be another "amerika uber alles" crap.

Even if it is true - so what? USSR didn't have the right to sell our weapons? It's capitalist free market, if US weapons couldn't compete with ours - it's your problem. Don't you want to say US companies didn't want to sell as many weapons as possible?

Again, Saddam has become an "evil dictator" after he nationalised Iraqi oil industry. Later he became a good boy again, when he started a war against "evil" Iran, that kicked US prettythang and had to be punished... Even before that he was a good boy for executing all Iraqi communists, wasn't he?

Also, are you sure this graphs show weapon eales only? USSR supplied them with power stations, drilling equipment, cars, trucks, etc.

Offline Monk

• Silver Member
« Reply #38 on: April 09, 2003, 11:55:20 AM »

if US weapons couldn't compete with ours - it's your problem.

Ya, we saw how our weapons couldn't compete.

Offline Captain Virgil Hilts

• Platinum Member
« Reply #39 on: April 09, 2003, 11:58:40 AM »
Poland sold them most of their T-72s.

Boroda, you know what is really interesting about that?

Poland, unlike your country, accepted responsibility for their country's part in creating this mess, and sent troops to help clean up the mess the world helped create. They offered public support for it too. Amazing isn't it? Poland has more guts, and takes more responsibility in the world than the former Soviet Union. Funny that a country that your country cruelly dominated for years is able to accept its responsibility (and the former Soviet Union probably had PLENTY to do with having Poland sell tanks to Saddam) and yet your country not only fails to accept its share of that responsibility but in fact continues to provide aid and comfort to the Saddam regime of Iraq.

Why don't you try to explain THAT to the world? Why don't you question what YOUR country has done to cause this problem, and indeed to prevent the resolution of the problem? Well, Boroda, the world is waiting. I'm sure Poland's economy is not going to be getting any help from their actions in Iraq. So don't whine about having to support Saddam for the sake of the Russian economy. The U.S. has spent $75 BILLION dollars, and budgeted that much more, so far, who knows what the U.K. has spent, not to mention Australia, Spain, Poland, Kuwait, and a host of other countries. Maybe if Russia will finally stand up and do the right thing, their economy won't collapse. Maybe all that will happen is that some of your corrupt dirtbag leftovers from the communist regime will just go broke. Why don't you and Russia do the right thing for once, and stun the rest of the world? You know, like tell the truth, take responsibility for your actions, things like that.

Oh, and by the way, why don't you tell everyone about the fact that Russia has a 5.45mm/.214" caliber military rifle (possibly easy to mistake for a 5.56mm/.223", especially by a doctor who likely isn't a ballistics expert)?  They probably sent a few to Iraq too, since they developed it when they committed a war of aggression against Afghanistan. Or would you choke on the truth about that too?
"I haven't seen Berlin yet, from the ground or the air, and I plan on doing both, BEFORE the war is over."

SaVaGe

Offline Boroda

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #40 on: April 09, 2003, 11:59:49 AM »
Originally posted by muckmaw
Pavel-

Do me a favor, and take the "With respect" out of your signature.

Again I have to say that it's a figure of speech. A translation of standard Russian phrase ending the letter. Like "Sincerely yours". BTW, we have exact translation of that one.

Offline Mathman

• Silver Member
« Reply #41 on: April 09, 2003, 12:02:23 PM »
Boroda,

So Western media lies, but Russian media doesn't?  Doesn't that seem a little bit wierd to you?

Offline Dead Man Flying

• Platinum Member
« Reply #42 on: April 09, 2003, 12:07:26 PM »
Originally posted by Mathman
So Western media lies, but Russian media doesn't?  Doesn't that seem a little bit wierd to you?

Oh, no!  It seems that one more source of independent, unbiased reporting has ceased reporting after repeatedly proving itself wrong about the conduct and prognosis of the war effort.

Guess we'll just have to stick with Pravda for the truth from now on.

-- Todd/Leviathn

Offline Dead Man Flying

• Platinum Member
« Reply #43 on: April 09, 2003, 12:09:41 PM »
LOL

Speaking of Pravda, I just ran across this article there.  I could have sworn I was reading the Onion, complete with a photograph of the nuclear catastrophe!

-- Todd/Leviathn

Offline CptTrips

• Platinum Member
« Reply #44 on: April 09, 2003, 12:12:39 PM »

No problem.  I'm sure we just happen to have those GPS coordinates laying around somewhere.

:cool:

Wab
Toxic, psychotic, self-aggrandizing drama queens simply aren't worth me spending my time on.