Author Topic: MA Strat. Why Always?  (Read 1475 times)

Offline lazs2

• Radioactive Member
MA Strat. Why Always?
« Reply #15 on: April 16, 2003, 02:16:45 PM »
jakal... I don't believe that "missuns" are conducive to good fights... gangbangs are not "good fights" steamrolling fields because you have the numbers are not good fights... success is measured differently by different players..  

If the fields were closer together and the combatants met somewhjere in the middle it would open up the game for more than just the "missun dudz"...  

once the field is porked by the suicide missun types or once the horde arrives... there is no point in sticking around... I look for something a little less lopsided.
lazs

Offline Jackal1

• Plutonium Member
MA Strat. Why Always?
« Reply #16 on: April 16, 2003, 03:27:49 PM »
Originally posted by lazs2
jakal... I don't believe that "missuns" are conducive to good fights... gangbangs are not "good fights" steamrolling fields because you have the numbers are not good fights...

Missions are very conductive to good fights if you up to defend against them. I f you don`t  up when you see the bad guys on dar then you don`t really care what happens to the field, so it shouldn`t concern you one way or the other. No problem there.
The simple fact is the MA is based on capture, strat , etc.  That`s just the way it is. A player has a choice in either participating or not. You can either play it the way it is set up at any given time or you can go to another arena more to your liking. If neither choice suits you then your in the wrong game. I  can certainly understand you having interest in flying the early models, that`s your choice, nothing wrong with that, but, the way it`s set up you can either fly with the rest of the planes , including bombers, Gvs, PTs, and missions or not fly MA at all. It very well may not be the game for you, it can`t please each individuals wishs.
Democracy is two wolves deciding on what to eat. Freedom is a well armed sheep protesting the vote.
------------------------------------------------------------------

Offline BigGun

• Silver Member
MA Strat. Why Always?
« Reply #17 on: April 16, 2003, 05:23:17 PM »
Maybe it is gamey because...well..um....it is a GAME?

Offline lazs2

• Radioactive Member
MA Strat. Why Always?
« Reply #18 on: April 17, 2003, 08:13:31 AM »
so jakal... what you are saying is that gangbang or be gangbanged is the way it should be because "wining the war" (and that hawaiian vacaation) is the object of the game?

I am saying that you could do the same thing (win the war) and make for fun, less lopsided fights by simply moving the fields closer...  I, and the other furballers would like to meet halfway.  I wouldn't mind flying 3/4 of a sector to the enemy field to get a good fight out of it... to some it might even appear that myu killing 4 or 5 planes was "helping the war"... truth would be, as allways... I would be going where the action was...

If the field was being mobbed by a horde I would still not up... I would have another close field fight to choose from tho..  Or... I could up one field back and meet the horde as they took off from the new field if.. if enough others took off with me to even things up... it is all about choice..  now, the only choices are to go with the horde or avoid the horde.
lazs

Offline Siaf__csf

• Gold Member
MA Strat. Why Always?
« Reply #19 on: April 17, 2003, 09:17:28 AM »
If its capturable, the Bishops will capture it. See Tank Town on Trinity.

LOL that is SO true!

I never imagined anyone would be dumb enough to spend the whole day capturing empty targets (effectively fighting only A.I.) untill I witnessed it during the bish horde times.

200 vs 50 - I guess it's only reasonable that there are only AI targets left to fight with.

As a sidenote, nothing used to suck worse than 2 no-lifers climbing 2 hours in buffs just to pork the dar from 100 other players. Strat? Screw strat.

Offline meddog

• Copper Member
MA Strat. Why Always?
« Reply #20 on: April 17, 2003, 10:10:59 AM »
IMO-I always thought that the main arena was a game with a beginning and an end. Just like any other board game, sports game or video game for that matter.  In sports the end game is to get the most points with in a certian time period, board games, its to get the most money or to get all the pies before your opponents.  Do you play monoply just to roll the dice and move  around the board in endless circles, not engaging in the buying or selling of properties?, Or , in Football, do you just run around the field with no intrest in helping your teammates score a touch down or a field goal? No of course not  because if you did you'de be the next water boy or towel boy. In the MA. the objective is to win the reset. That means the use of strategy and team work. Not mindless and unproductive furballing.  Personally I wish they would get rid of tank city in the trintity map because it eats up resources that could be used productivly elsewere.  I often feel like saying to those who dont wish to participate in assisting thier country is" hey if you just wanna furball go to TA or DA, otherwise help your country."   Some time I go to special arena or Tod because instead of spending 2-3 days or more to meet the objective of the game, it only lasts an hour or so and everyone there is expected to work as a team.  Maybe they can have a tank town, fighter town and ship town all in one arena? I often enjoy, as do my squadies, getting away from the MA due to frustration or just need a change of pace. But if we're in the MA we are doing something constructive.  Each arena was constructed for a specific purpose and mindless furballing in the air or on the ground was not what MA was ment for.  People join squads in MA to form team work.  I don't see people form squads in TA OR DA because it's in those arenas where you can go off and do your own thing without having to be apart some something.

On a side note , Im often online during the day EST and at night and from 7am est till 9pm est the knights are out numbered 4-1. We get ganged banged and steam rolled due to having the fewest numbers (the path of least resistance). It seems the country that wins the reset is the one who is able to take enough bases during the time when they have the most numbers in order to carry them during the low periods until they have the numbers again. I don't know how to rectify this unless there was some way of reassigning the default country when new users sign on based on certain criteria such as large desparity of numbers between the counties.
« Last Edit: April 17, 2003, 10:41:13 AM by meddog »
Yes I know I suck, other wise youuuuu would be dead so stop bragging.

Offline DeadOne

• Zinc Member
MA Strat. Why Always?
« Reply #21 on: April 17, 2003, 10:21:12 AM »
Originally posted by meddog
IMO-I always thought that the main arena was a game with a beginning and an end. Just like any other board game, sports game or video game for that matter.  In sports the end game is to get the most points with in a certian time period, board games, its to get the most money or to get all the pies before your opponents.  Do you play monoply just to roll the dice and move  around the board in endless circles, not engaging in the buying or selling of properties?, Or , in Football, do you just run around the field with no intrest in helping your teammates score a touch down or a field goal? No of course not  because if you did you'de be the next water boy or towel boy. In the MA. the objective is to win the reset. That means the use of strategy and team work. Not mindless and unproductive furballing.  Personally I wish they would get rid of tank city in the trintity map because it eats up resources that could be used productivly elsewere.  I often feel like saying to those who dont wish to participate in assisting thier country is" hey if you just wanna furball go to TA or DA, otherwise help your country."   Some time I go to special arena or Tod because instead of spending 2-3 days or more to meet the objective of the game, it only lasts an hour or so and everyone there is expected to work as a team.  Maybe they can have a tank town, fighter town and ship town all in one arena? I often enjoy, as do my squadies, getting away from the MA due to frustration or just need a change of pace. But if we're in the MA we are doing something constructive.  Each arena was constructed for a specific purpose and mindless furballing in the air or on the ground was not what MA was ment for.  People join squads in MA to form team work.  I don't see people form squads in TA OR DA because it's in those arenas where you can go off and do your own thing without having to be apart some something.

I concur completely

Offline Jackal1

• Plutonium Member
MA Strat. Why Always?
« Reply #22 on: April 17, 2003, 12:38:37 PM »
so jakal... what you are saying is that gangbang or be gangbanged is the way it should be because "wining the war" (and that hawaiian vacaation) is the object of the game?
lazs

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Nope, never said that`s the way it is, because it most defintely is not. Nope, never said that`s the way it should be.  What I did say is you have the choice of either participating or not participating in the MA as it is set up at any given time. That`s just the facts . Life`s a biatch, deal with it. :D
I don`t believe you have as much comprhension probs as you have the "World should be according to Laz" syndrone.
There is an object to the game, although it is not quite like you describe it. If their was not an object to the game there wouldn`t be a game .
Democracy is two wolves deciding on what to eat. Freedom is a well armed sheep protesting the vote.

Offline john9001

• Plutonium Member
MA Strat. Why Always?
« Reply #23 on: April 17, 2003, 12:40:57 PM »
""", in Football, do you just run around the field with no intrest in helping your teammates score a touch down or a field goal? """"

i thought they called that soccer?

me likee MA just fine, plenty good fight, much furballs, me no understand people say is no furball only "gangbang", i see plenty good furball , some furballs last for hours , land and air.

Offline Jackal1

• Plutonium Member
MA Strat. Why Always?
« Reply #24 on: April 17, 2003, 12:51:56 PM »

I am saying that you could do the same thing (win the war) and make for fun, less lopsided fights by simply moving the fields closer...  I, and the other furballers would like to meet halfway.  I wouldn't mind flying 3/4 of a sector to the enemy field to get a good fight out of it... to some it might even appear that myu killing 4 or 5 planes was "helping the war"... truth would be, as allways... I would be going where the action was...
lazs

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Yea, we have noticed the "move the fields closer together" idea a couple hundred times. :D  You have been told that an area is being worked on that includes that,but still you continue to whine and drone on about it. The term, "he wouldn`t be happy if you hung him with a new rope", comes to mind. NB doesn`t have to do it. You might want to keep that in mind.
You would like to meet halfway and you wouldn`t mind flying 3/4 of sector? Well golly gee Lez, don`t put yourself out. lmao
You say you would be going where the action was. I think "action" might be a tad more than youre ticker could handle. It might require you to actualy put a little effort in it, and we no for a fact that`s not gonna happen.:D
« Last Edit: April 17, 2003, 01:30:44 PM by Jackal1 »

Offline Jackal1

• Plutonium Member
MA Strat. Why Always?
« Reply #25 on: April 17, 2003, 01:05:03 PM »

If the field was being mobbed by a horde I would still not up... I would have another close field fight to choose from tho..  Or... I could up one field back and meet the horde as they took off from the new field if.. if enough others took off with me to even things up... it is all about choice..  now, the only choices are to go with the horde or avoid the horde.
lazs

We know you won`t up to protect a field, but, you sure like to whine about it being hit.
You would have another close field fight to choose from or you could up one field back and meet the horde as they took off from the new field???? BS, that would be breaking the ole halfway or 3/4 of a sector rule in The Book Of Laz. :D
If enough others took off with you????????? Rut Roh! That might be bordering on a violation of "Laz shalt not horde" commandment. Note: Page 2, verse .... well over and over and over.:D

Play it the way it`s set up at any given time or don`t. That`s the way it is. Lead , follow, or get the hell out the way.

Offline lazs2

• Radioactive Member
MA Strat. Why Always?
« Reply #26 on: April 17, 2003, 02:25:08 PM »
jakal... of course you don't know anything about me... I don't ever even see you in the arena.   Why pretend you know all about the way I play?

As for "it's being worked on"  who cares?   Glad it's being worked on but that's not the same as "it's done" is it now?  When it's done we will have something different to talk about eh?

as for me not working hard enough in AH to have fun..... If I wanted to work hard and be bored.... I woulda just stayed at work and made the overtime.
lazs

Offline Sandman

• Plutonium Member
MA Strat. Why Always?
« Reply #27 on: April 17, 2003, 05:16:02 PM »
There is an area devoid of strat... the CT.

I like the plane matchups but without strat it's dull.
sand

Offline Jackal1

• Plutonium Member
MA Strat. Why Always?
« Reply #28 on: April 17, 2003, 05:34:05 PM »
jakal... of course you don't know anything about me... I don't ever even see you in the arena.   Why pretend you know all about the way I play?

As for "it's being worked on"  who cares?   Glad it's being worked on but that's not the same as "it's done" is it now?  When it's done we will have something different to talk about eh?

as for me not working hard enough in AH to have fun..... If I wanted to work hard and be bored.... I woulda just stayed at work and made the overtime.
lazs

( Note: In an earlier post You made the statement that you had observed the way I play the game on numerous occasions. So..I guess you having a little prob in the ole memory dept. along with the reading comprhension that`s letin you down eh?)
That`s strange, I see you all the time.:D  Example. Last night when someone entered the arena and asked "where`s the action?" you replied with " There is no action, this is the pizza map". We had been in a constant battle between bases for about an hour and a half and it was still going strong. I was thinking maybe the door was stuck on the tower you were in and you couldn`t get out with the rest of us. :D
Who cares if it`s being worked on? Well.anyone who appreciates the people that`s putting the effort in it, up to this point and in the future. I realize you don`t fit in this catergory.
Yea, when it`s done I`m sure you will have plenty of derogatory remarks to make as always.
As for you staying at work for the overtime, sounds like a plan to me.:rolleyes:
The comprehension things got you down again. Effort and work are two different things. Having fun requires a little effort, like everything else in life. Until you locate your magic wand and conjour up the old Laz world, I`m afraid you will just have to deal with the one we have. :D
« Last Edit: April 17, 2003, 09:39:09 PM by Jackal1 »

Offline BGBMAW

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
MA Strat. Why Always?
« Reply #29 on: April 17, 2003, 07:28:44 PM »
how do i make the panzer move forward?