Author Topic: MA Strat. Why Always?  (Read 1474 times)

Offline Jackal1

• Plutonium Member
MA Strat. Why Always?
« Reply #30 on: April 17, 2003, 07:31:27 PM »
Originally posted by BGBMAW
how do i make the panzer move forward?

Put a tiger tank behind it. :D
Democracy is two wolves deciding on what to eat. Freedom is a well armed sheep protesting the vote.
------------------------------------------------------------------

Offline mwjayd

• Zinc Member
MA Strat. Why Always?
« Reply #31 on: April 17, 2003, 09:04:33 PM »
HIT  ALT - F4  WORKS  GREAT

Offline lazs2

• Radioactive Member
MA Strat. Why Always?
« Reply #32 on: April 18, 2003, 09:05:04 AM »
jakal... I don't recall saying that I had observed you numerous times in the arena in any recent post... I don't recall even seeing you in the arena.  Are you someone other than jakal?

If you are jakal1.... LOL... why am I even talking to you about action?... according to that guys score his idea of "action" is about 3 kills per hour and less than 1/2 a one per sortie... You must get a lot of housework done in all that time you spend online doing.... well.... nothing that I can see.  jakal1 has a much different idea of action than most of us.

I would love to see HTC publish some "average stats" I can sure as hell bet that I am more mainstream than you are... I can bet that most folks wpouldn't be happy with three fights an hour.
lazs

Offline Jackal1

• Plutonium Member
MA Strat. Why Always?
« Reply #33 on: April 18, 2003, 09:54:53 AM »
Originally posted by lazs2
jakal... I don't recall saying that I had observed you numerous times in the arena in any recent post... I don't recall even seeing you in the arena.  Are you someone other than jakal?

If you are jakal1.... LOL... why am I even talking to you about action?... according to that guys score his idea of "action" is about 3 kills per hour and less than 1/2 a one per sortie... You must get a lot of housework done in all that time you spend online doing.... well.... nothing that I can see.  jakal1 has a much different idea of action than most of us.

I would love to see HTC publish some "average stats" I can sure as hell bet that I am more mainstream than you are... I can bet that most folks wpouldn't be happy with three fights an hour.
lazs

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
LMAO what a prize. Yea, I`m someone other than jakal, I`m Jackal1. I don`t really know why you are talking me about action Lez, according to you can`t find any. lol Kills per hour , is that what you base things on? Mine for the last couple of weeks has been pretty good considering my rudders have been out. :D  I put no weight on kills per hour or kills period as far as that goes. You see Lez, and I`ve explained this to ya before, I play the game. I do a little of all of it, Gvs, bombers, goons, and the ever so popular PT. :D  If we want to look at stats, according to yours , their not that impressive considering all you do basicaly if fly around in fighter mode. Mainstream? lol Youre not even gettin close to a tributary.:D  Action? You should try it sometime.;)
« Last Edit: April 18, 2003, 09:56:54 AM by Jackal1 »
Democracy is two wolves deciding on what to eat. Freedom is a well armed sheep protesting the vote.

Offline qts

• Nickel Member
      • None yet
MA Strat. Why Always?
« Reply #34 on: April 18, 2003, 09:54:55 AM »
Back to the OP:

AH is entertainment. It should always be entertaining. The MA strat can make it not entertaining. Therefore, we are sometimes paying to be not entertained. So...

Have you perhaps considered that some players might find the MA strat side entertaining?

Offline lazs2

• Radioactive Member
MA Strat. Why Always?
« Reply #35 on: April 18, 2003, 10:06:13 AM »
jackal... well laughing boy.... my point in the kills per hour stat is that you are claiming to have an action packed time and not having any trouble finding action... It would appear that you wouldn't know action if it bit you on the butt.

now... I will concede that everyone has a different idea of what action is but.... I can't see how you can call your hiding from fights "action"...  You really shouldn't be involved in any threads where the word 'action' appears much less tell people that you know anything about it.   No wonder you like infinity... much easier for you to hide or fight for scraps.

ya know... yu will never get better at this if you avoid fights... just a little friendly advise for ya chuckles.

oh... and if I were you and i didn't want to cry myself to sleep every night..... I wouldn't put any weight on kills per hour either.
lazs

Offline Jackal1

• Plutonium Member
MA Strat. Why Always?
« Reply #36 on: April 18, 2003, 10:49:11 AM »
jackal... well laughing boy.... my point in the kills per hour stat is that you are claiming to have an action packed time and not having any trouble finding action... It would appear that you wouldn't know action if it bit you on the butt.

now... I will concede that everyone has a different idea of what action is but.... I can't see how you can call your hiding from fights "action"...  You really shouldn't be involved in any threads where the word 'action' appears much less tell people that you know anything about it.   No wonder you like infinity... much easier for you to hide or fight for scraps.

ya know... yu will never get better at this if you avoid fights... just a little friendly advise for ya chuckles.

oh... and if I were you and i didn't want to cry myself to sleep every night..... I wouldn't put any weight on kills per hour either.
lazs

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Well now sadsack, :D  there ya go with the not understanding thingy again. Just take a little time, read things through, even you will figure it out eventualy. Kills per hour????? That`s what your not grasping and what`s bein splained to you Lucy.:D  Pay close attention now, I`ll go reaaallllll slow for ya.;)  Action has nothing to do with kills per hour. Ya see the most of us play the game, the entire game, including all them other pesky things such as Gvs, bombers, PTs, etc. I know it`s unbelievable to ya, but , the most of us get out of fighter mode more often than not and that`s what youre basing things on . Why son, we even get into the ole attack mode ocassionaly. GASP  Now i hate to push too much on ya in one day, but , the majority of us base enjoyment of the game on how much fun were having. I realize that`s a stretch for ya considering, according to your posts how torturous playing the game as it`s set up is for ya. I just really don`t believe the game was designed just to tick you off. One of the things that is a total blast is spotting the newcomers to the game that you know are going to stay. They are the ones who get sooo excited about it, chattering on country channel and such. Some of these guys goes days without getting a kill , but it is clear they are having more fun than they have ever found in a game before. You see that`s why we pay to play-------> fun.  Now, if you are paying to play and are just totaly digusted by how the game is set up and it just doesn`t  suit you, then I`m afraid youre just SOL.:D

Offline Jackal1

• Plutonium Member
MA Strat. Why Always?
« Reply #37 on: April 18, 2003, 04:04:15 PM »
Lez, now I`ll see if I can help you out with your little comprehension problem as far as the scores thingy goes. I don`t put much weight in this, but, since you do maybe a little tutoring might help. I think I may have discovered another little prob you got along with comprehending the scores page, it`s tunnel vision I do believe. Now, if you will notice on the very top sector if you will widen your vision just a touch, their is other catergories, along with and including fighter kills. Well done, now wasn`t that fun?:D You seem to be fixiated with the kills per hour thing so you can start there. Now take a ruler, so as not to strain yourself ,and place it under and across kills/hour section. Now since you have been looking at mine , we will use it as an example. Notice in the attack and vehicle/boat columns there is some numbers in mine.:D If youre not exhausted by now you can do a little math here and see there is a very interesting result. You could further scroll down a bit to the bomber section. Now if youre not wore out on math you could throw the field capture, etc. in and then see what you come up with per hour. I`ll give you a break though, here`s the answer--------> it all adds up to fun, and lots of it.
Now we can look at yours. This one`s realy quite simple and understandably so.:D  You will notice in yours that there is only numbers in one catergory, the rest are all 0s. By scrolling down we find all 0s in bomber also. I suspect this is where youre frustration comes in, but don`t let it bother you that you don`t stack up, you can still learn the other parts of the game and get in on the fun.
You stick with ole Uncle Jackal1 and I`ll pull you through this time of unhappiness.
:D
« Last Edit: April 18, 2003, 04:48:00 PM by Jackal1 »

Offline Furious

• Gold Member
MA Strat. Why Always?
« Reply #38 on: April 18, 2003, 06:03:48 PM »
Originally posted by qts
...Have you perhaps considered that some players might find the MA strat side entertaining?...

Have you considered that I never said otherwise?

Offline DrDea

• Gold Member
MA Strat. Why Always?
« Reply #39 on: April 18, 2003, 11:18:18 PM »
Heres the short and skinny.When Pizza came out,I decided I didnt like the map.My only days off were allways nothing but pizza.Did I cry and squeak endlessly on the boards?Crying about how "This isnt suiting MY needs"I pay to play I want it all MY way?Hell no I dropped the game.Took a break.I will rejoin in a few weeks because I miss the game.But Im really tired of all the wineing by some people about how the game doesnt make them happy.Its a broken record hashed out and re hashed over and over.Dont like the game the way it sits?Walk away for awhile but dont make the rest of us listen to you endlessly crying about how it doesnt give you all you want.Life sucks.Wear a cup.
The Flying Circus.Were just like you.Only prettier.

FSO 334 Flying Eagles. Fencers Heros.

Offline NoBaddy

• Gold Member
      • http://www.damned.org
MA Strat. Why Always?
« Reply #40 on: April 18, 2003, 11:35:54 PM »
Originally posted by DrDea
Wear a cup.

Or a shot glass :D
NoBaddy (NB)

Flying since before there was virtual durt!!
"Ego is the anesthetic that dulls the pain of stupidity."

Offline DrDea

• Gold Member
MA Strat. Why Always?
« Reply #41 on: April 18, 2003, 11:38:50 PM »
Or maby a thimble:p
The Flying Circus.Were just like you.Only prettier.

FSO 334 Flying Eagles. Fencers Heros.

Offline Apar

• Silver Member
MA Strat. Why Always?
« Reply #42 on: April 19, 2003, 01:50:40 PM »
I think the problem is that there are a lot of new guys who don't have a lot of skill so they feel comfortable in a large group.. they may not kill anything but they stay alive a lot longer.. they also get to feel like they are a part of some sort of a "victory" when they join the gamgbang "missun" ... some, simply think they are WWII pilots.
Lazs

Couldn't agree more. And this started after the huge player influx.
AH lost a big pie of fun for me. I don't understand (from a strat point of view) the point of country A raiding an undefended field of country B with 30+ players while the opponent B is raiding a undefended field of country A.
In Trinity this goes on and on and on and on for fediddlein weeks, it is becoming a big frustration.
Hardly anybody is interested in defence because it doesn't pay off (rewarding wise)

AH MA lost all of its appeal to me. The only reason why I'm not gone yet is the rare but fullfilling fun of a good air-to-air encounter.
But I'm sure it will not make up for long anymore for the frustration of the useless MA strat system.
« Last Edit: April 19, 2003, 08:09:30 PM by Apar »

Offline lazs2

• Radioactive Member
MA Strat. Why Always?
« Reply #43 on: April 21, 2003, 08:36:38 AM »
gee laughing boy... I believe we were talking about fighter stats here... can we agree that you have no right to talk about action where it concerns fighters?

nobad... concerned about my genitals?  interesting.
lazs

Offline Jackal1

• Plutonium Member
MA Strat. Why Always?
« Reply #44 on: April 21, 2003, 08:47:06 AM »
gee laughing boy... I believe we were talking about fighter stats here... can we agree that you have no right to talk about action where it concerns fighters?
lazs

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------Well I see the ants didn`t get ya sadsack. No, what were were talking about is the game. You know the one you are just playing  a small part of. Fighter stats!!!!!! Geeez.  Alobert E. , I do believe your missing a little bit there on your equation. lmao
I thought I might be pushing you over your limits.  :D
Btw there admiral ,don`t look now but your ship has been drug off course and has run aground. :D