Author Topic: 190 Doras  (Read 2348 times)

Offline senna

• Persona Non Grata
  • Silver Member
190 Doras
« on: February 22, 2001, 12:02:00 AM »
I hope we get a 190 D9 soon.

fuzz...

senna

Hans

190 Doras
« Reply #1 on: February 22, 2001, 01:53:00 AM »
I do too.

On the aircraft & vehicle forum I posted asking if it should be a perk or not, and about 75% thought it should not be a perk.  I agree with that myself.  It is slightly faster than a P-51, but manuevers worse.  It isn't a dominate plane, just a good one.

Of course, this update in 1.06 already has two Focke Wulf varient aircraft.  The F8 and the Ta152.

Hans.

Offline fscott

• Banned
  • Copper Member
190 Doras
« Reply #2 on: February 22, 2001, 02:40:00 AM »
It won't be. There's no logical reason why it would be considering the fact that the P51 is its equal.

fscott

Offline senna

• Persona Non Grata
  • Silver Member
190 Doras
« Reply #3 on: February 22, 2001, 04:14:00 AM »
The Dora was used in good numbers towards the end of the war by the LW. Why shouldnt it be represented. There were enough of them.

- senna

Offline Vermillion

• Platinum Member
190 Doras
« Reply #4 on: February 22, 2001, 07:57:00 AM »
Senna there were about 700 Dora's that might have saw action in the war.

There were 5,700+ La7's that saw action in the war, and many people want to perk that plane.

Not that I'm saying I disagree with you, just that its possible for it to happen.

------------------
Vermillion
**MOL**, Men of Leisure

funked

190 Doras
« Reply #5 on: February 22, 2001, 08:41:00 AM »
If they don't perk these 425+ mph monsters, what else WILL they perk?  I think you should have to pay for anything beyond 1942 or 1943.

[This message has been edited by funked (edited 02-22-2001).]

Offline Vermillion

• Platinum Member
190 Doras
« Reply #6 on: February 22, 2001, 08:56:00 AM »
Now Now Funky   The La7 was a 410ish aircraft, right at 408 I believe.  So that falls way outside your criteria and should obviously not be perked.

Of course we could pick up the history zealots disease and demand anything past Dec. 7, 1941 should be perked.  

------------------
Vermillion
**MOL**, Men of Leisure

Offline SFRT - Frenchy

• Platinum Member
      • http://home.CFL.rr.com/rauns/menu.htm
190 Doras
« Reply #7 on: February 22, 2001, 09:20:00 AM »
I'm not so hot in doing a 1945 only arena. I understand the Dora/P47Z28/KI63457 have nothing 100% ubber. But by not perking those planes, we totally put appart people who would enjoy flying earlier versions with some more fun than praying to catch a B&Zmer in a turnfight while avoiding his mega guns.
Dat jugs bro.

Terror flieger since 1941.
------------------------

TheWobble

190 Doras
« Reply #8 on: February 22, 2001, 09:22:00 AM »
When will there be something that WILL be considered "perky"?

funked

190 Doras
« Reply #9 on: February 22, 2001, 09:25:00 AM »
La-7 is most definitely a perk.  It performs like a Bearcat.  If the Bearcat is not perk material, why bother with the perk system?

Offline Kieren

• Zinc Member
190 Doras
« Reply #10 on: February 22, 2001, 09:34:00 AM »
Perk Everything!  

You know it will happen eventually anyway, why fight the tide?

Offline Vermillion

• Platinum Member
190 Doras
« Reply #11 on: February 22, 2001, 10:02:00 AM »
Funked, I could say the very same thing about the P-51D or the Me109G10.

So your saying its ok to have the most numerous US 1944-45 Fighters, but that we should perk the Soviets most numerous fighters of the same period?

I mean we aren't talking about a "what if" drawing board prototype, only 3 built, or never saw combat situation. This was THE most important Soviet fighter of the period.

Basically your saying its somehow not right for the best unperked fighter to be something other than American or German? Eeee gads, it would be simply unthinkable for a Russian aircraft to be one of the best planes in the sim  

You know I"m just razzing you   But I think I have some very valid points.

Edit: And before some British fanatic jumps in and tells me that the Spit XIV was the most important British fighter of the period, I would probably say your wrong   If I remember correctly there were more Spit IX's built in the same period than there were Spit XIV's.

------------------
Vermillion
**MOL**, Men of Leisure

[This message has been edited by Vermillion (edited 02-22-2001).]

Offline Yeager

• Plutonium Member
190 Doras
« Reply #12 on: February 22, 2001, 10:12:00 AM »
It would appear to make sense to attach a point fee to all vehicles.  Problem is what happens to the furball dweebs and the vulch victimes that run out their point accounts  replaning at a cost greater than the credit they accrue?

Truth is perking is a very dynamic and problematic approach to dweeb control.

Should the D9 be perked?  Yup.
(A5s and A8s?  Nope
Should the 51D be perked? yup.
(51A?  nope)
Should the G10 be perked? yup.
(G2, G6?  nope)

We shall see....we shall see.
"If someone flips you the bird and you don't know it, does it still count?" - SLIMpkns

funked

190 Doras
« Reply #13 on: February 22, 2001, 10:15:00 AM »
Vermillion scroll up:  
I think you should have to pay for anything beyond 1942 or 1943.

You argument about the Spit IX is correct, but the MK. IX we have does not perform as well as the ones built in 1943-45.  It's the very earliest spec of Mk. IX.

Offline Soda

• Silver Member
      • http://members.shaw.ca/soda_p/models.htm
190 Doras
« Reply #14 on: February 22, 2001, 11:14:00 AM »
Oh well, guess I'll thrown my hat into the discussion...... sorry to contribute to a hijacked thread.

There appear to be two main streams to the whole "what should/shouldn't be perked" argument:
1) if it entered service later than 19XX, or flys faster than Y mph, or goes higher than Z feet, was a contempory of YY.
2) if it throws off balance in the MA by being there as a result of relative strengths/weaknesses in the MA (as many claim the C-Hog or N1K does)

On the first point, well, I don't believe that it is totally fair in the MA to classify the plane in that method.  Since we do have a strategic element to the MA with the ability to capture fields, it isn't all just dog-fighting in the sky.  Something like the Lanc, with those 14*1K's could almost be considered unbalancing, but we all know that the Lanc has it's own deficiencies (climb, defense, etc).  Would we want the Lanc perked because it can do this, or rather on it's total impact on MA play?

I think perking isn't just a "death nail" for any plane, just because it's perked doesn't mean that it'll be unaccessible to the average flier.  I don't find "perk" as a black or white thing, so maybe everyone should look at the fact that we already have perks on one side of the equation, we earn perks based on a perk rating for aircraft.

This whole concept is really going to get interesting when we actually have something to spend perk points on.  I know that I've already switched rides to something that had a better perk point earning capability, as it appears a number of others have.  How many of you are flying a different ride primarily now as a result of earning perk points?  I've seen half the number of C-Hog and N1K in the air, I almost expect F4U's to be D-Hogs now when I encounter them.  I've also noticed maybe half the number of "Ban the C-Hog" or "Perk the N1K" threads on the bbs.  That's probably a direct result of people flying other airplanes.

Like I said, I don't think perking something is black or white, it's sorta grey and it's something HTC will work on.  I don't know that anyone is assuming that it will eliminate some of the powerful rides in the MA, but is sure will help control them.

-Soda