Author Topic: The Concord  (Read 4102 times)

Offline GRUNHERZ

• Plutonium Member
The Concord
« Reply #150 on: May 18, 2003, 04:32:19 PM »
"when the great Empire felt apart"

Barely lasted 70 years, murdering tens of millions of its own citizens in the process, being unable to feed countless millions of others, having to build walls to keep her own citizens in - instead of barbarians out and so on and so on....  Great riiight, but hell this is coming from a fella who thinks Stalin is the greatest leader to his people of all time....  :rolleyes:

Offline Ike 2K#

• Parolee
  • Silver Member
The Concord
« Reply #151 on: May 18, 2003, 08:03:52 PM »
Originally posted by Boroda

Buran was a great effort for the whole Union. Millions of people worked on it... It costed us maybe almost like WWII, and definetly more then a Bomb. It's very sad that all this heroic (sorry for this word, but IMHO it's right) effort went down the drain when the great Empire felt apart

It's Gorby's fault for making things worse during "The period of stagnation". He didnt stick with the principles of communisim. He "Americanized" the USSR by replacing the "old" system with the "new" system. He unleashed forces that cant be put back in the genie bottle.
« Last Edit: May 18, 2003, 08:07:11 PM by Ike 2K# »

Offline GRUNHERZ

• Plutonium Member
The Concord
« Reply #152 on: May 18, 2003, 08:17:06 PM »
Originally posted by Ike 2K#
It's Gorby's fault for making things worse during "The period of stagnation". He didnt stick with the principles of communisim. He "Americanized" the USSR by replacing the "old" system with the "new" system. He unleashed forces that cant be put back in the genie bottle.

Ha? You mean he should have stuck with the glorious sucess of communism? Are you nutz or are you a college student who just took his first sociology class with a communist professor?

Offline Ike 2K#

• Parolee
  • Silver Member
The Concord
« Reply #153 on: May 18, 2003, 08:22:05 PM »
Originally posted by GScholz
Ike 2K, you say you live in LA. I'll buy that, but where in Russia are you from?

WTF, why do you people assume that knowing Russia too much means you live in russia??? I just summarized their demise by saying that they didnt stick with the teachings of Lenin/Stalin. By the way, I dont live there
« Last Edit: May 18, 2003, 08:26:39 PM by Ike 2K# »

Offline GRUNHERZ

• Plutonium Member
The Concord
« Reply #154 on: May 18, 2003, 08:23:07 PM »
I just summarized their demise by saying that they didnt stick with the teachings of Lenin/Stalin.

Oh lord...  :rolleyes:

Offline Ike 2K#

• Parolee
  • Silver Member
The Concord
« Reply #155 on: May 18, 2003, 08:27:12 PM »
thats true, they're tired and bored in living in a system that has no direction in life at that time (80s).
« Last Edit: May 18, 2003, 08:30:33 PM by Ike 2K# »

Offline Boroda

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
The Concord
« Reply #156 on: May 19, 2003, 05:30:13 AM »
Originally posted by GRUNHERZ
"when the great Empire felt apart"

Barely lasted 70 years, murdering tens of millions of its own citizens in the process, being unable to feed countless millions of others, having to build walls to keep her own citizens in - instead of barbarians out and so on and so on....  Great riiight, but hell this is coming from a fella who thinks Stalin is the greatest leader to his people of all time....  :rolleyes:

Depends on where to start counting. If we'll start from Ivan IV - it will be almost 500 years, and still "tens of millions" probably isn't true.

Offline Boroda

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
The Concord
« Reply #157 on: May 19, 2003, 05:36:35 AM »

This things are very complicated, but it's obvious that Gorby was a traitor...

I posted my opinions on that in other threads.

The only thing I want to repeat is that competing with the country that didn't take part in devastating wars every 20-50 years and didn't have to "start from the very beginning" twice in last 80 years was extremely difficult. It's a miracle that we could oppose them until early 90s.

Unfortunately, looks like we must start this again. :( I hope we'll not have a "hot war", but the new "cold war" is quite probable. :(