Author Topic: Yet another lawsuit  (Read 893 times)

Offline GrimCO

• Nickel Member
      • http://www.GrimsReapers.com
Yet another lawsuit
« Reply #15 on: May 12, 2003, 05:49:53 PM »
Originally posted by Dowding
Well you learn something new everyday. Thanks... I think. :) I wonder if I can get a box of twinkies mail order... they don't sound like they go bad easily.

Dowding,

I think the things break down slower than styrofoam. They'll be doing archeology in the U.S.  a million years from now, and will find only one thing left... Twinkies

Offline mietla

• Gold Member
Yet another lawsuit
« Reply #16 on: May 12, 2003, 06:04:36 PM »
Originally posted by GrimCO
Dowding,

I think the things break down slower than styrofoam. They'll be doing archeology in the U.S.  a million years from now, and will find only one thing left... Twinkies

They also survive a nuclear blast.

Offline midnight Target

• Plutonium Member
Yet another lawsuit
« Reply #17 on: May 12, 2003, 06:19:57 PM »
Nothing better than a twinkie that has been around for about 3 years. That hint of a crust on the outside adds a whole new textural dimension.

Offline Airhead

• Gold Member
      • http://www.ouchytheclown.com
Yet another lawsuit
« Reply #18 on: May 12, 2003, 07:16:22 PM »
lol Airhead. Is that true? A real tear jerker you got there. What is a twinkie?

Dowding, absolutely true. I forget which one he capped first- Moscone or Milk- but he paused to reload at least once and fired at least twelve rounds. And a Twinkie is a confection of a cream and sugar filled center surrounded by a cake and sugar shell. As my memory recalls it was the preservatives along with the sugar that caused Dan White's temporary insanity and contributed to the killings of George Moscone and Harvey Milk. It was a sad day for San Francisco, but it sure as Hell opened the door for Diane Fienstein's rise to power.

Offline Maverick

• Plutonium Member
Yet another lawsuit
« Reply #19 on: May 12, 2003, 09:40:41 PM »
Dowding,

You really should see if someone will send you a box of twinkies. If no one is willing, email me and I'll do it. We can worry about the shipping and other costs later. Serious offer BTW.
DEFINITION OF A VETERAN
A Veteran - whether active duty, retired, national guard or reserve - is someone who, at one point in their life, wrote a check made payable to "The United States of America", for an amount of "up to and including my life."
Author Unknown

Offline Leslie

• Gold Member
Yet another lawsuit
« Reply #20 on: May 13, 2003, 06:27:56 AM »
Don't just ban Oreos.  Almost everything that qualifies as a snack bought in the store, contains "trans fats."  As I understand it, hydrogenated oils are used to preserve shelf life.

So, there's the tradeoff.  Devise a quicker method of getting snack products produced and delivered, and there will no longer be a need for hydrogenization...which helps keep foods from spoiling quickly.

Les

Offline Athena3

• Zinc Member
Yet another lawsuit
« Reply #21 on: May 13, 2003, 08:18:02 AM »
Well you learn something new everyday. Thanks... I think. :) I wonder if I can get a box of twinkies mail order... they don't sound like they go bad easily.

Just make friends with an american working at an USAF/RAF base and get him to take you to the commissary.  We've imported twinkies for our military so we don't get too lonely for the US. :D

Offline Dowding

• Platinum Member
      • http://www.psys07629.pwp.blueyonder.co.uk/272/index.html
Yet another lawsuit
« Reply #22 on: May 13, 2003, 08:55:34 AM »
I've got a sweet tooth that would give a sabre toothed tiger a run for its money. I love food - only exercise keeps my waist size down. It's a good job I'm not an American,  I get the feeling it would be much easier to put on the pounds with these Twinkie things. :)

That's cool Athena. Funny thing is the CO of my AH squad is in the USAF at Ramstein in Germany. :)

Thanks for the offer Maverick. I might take you up on it - I'm sure there is something British I could send in the name of international relations. I guess it would have to keep well and easy to store. Perhaps a liquid of some kind... I just don't know what... ;)
War! Never been so much fun. War! Never been so much fun! Go to your brother, Kill him with your gun, Leave him lying in his uniform, Dying in the sun.

Offline SLO

• Gold Member
Yet another lawsuit
« Reply #23 on: May 13, 2003, 08:58:03 AM »
here you are bashing the french over an over again.....

this time the french is laughing at your stupidity......

Lawyers sue Oreo Cookies.......too much man:D

Offline Syzygyone

• Silver Member
Yet another lawsuit
« Reply #24 on: May 13, 2003, 09:04:10 AM »
I'm sure there is something British I could send in the name of international relations. )

As long as it ain't them BANGERS! or the Blood Sausage stuff.

Yeeech!

Offline gofaster

• Platinum Member
Yet another lawsuit
« Reply #25 on: May 13, 2003, 09:04:57 AM »
I'm shocked, SHOCKED!, and Outraged! that Twinkies (or their low-budget substitute "Zingers" (the unfrosted version)) aren't imported into Europe.  I would think such lucious vanilla cream-filled cake heaven would be a cornerstone of the Marshall Plan or something.

Offline Airhead

• Gold Member
      • http://www.ouchytheclown.com
Yet another lawsuit
« Reply #26 on: May 13, 2003, 09:23:57 AM »
gofaster, maybe we could open up a little shop in London and carry American sugar based snack food treats. We'll call it "Twinks."

Offline Ripsnort

• Radioactive Member
Re: OUch!
« Reply #27 on: May 13, 2003, 09:48:46 AM »
Originally posted by GtoRA2

I would rather spend eternity licking the cheekbones of a random FDB then be french!

LOL! Dammit!~ now I gotta clean my monitor. (Psst..Lazs told me Fatty tells me he likes alittle spank down there too)

Offline Bodhi

• Plutonium Member
Re: Re: OUch!
« Reply #28 on: May 13, 2003, 10:05:45 AM »
Originally posted by Saurdaukar
Now THATS a Patriot!  (and sig material too)  :D

I thought so too...
I regret doing business with TD Computer Systems.

Offline GtoRA2

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
WHOOOOOT!!
« Reply #29 on: May 13, 2003, 10:38:57 AM »
I finally made it onto a sig!