Author Topic: Fugitive Democrats  (Read 1739 times)

Offline midnight Target

• Plutonium Member
Fugitive Democrats
« Reply #30 on: May 15, 2003, 03:07:13 PM »
Revealing your ignorance in such a manner undermines what little, if any, credibility you had. Let me post a snippet for you that should, but won't, enlighten you as to why you are ignorant.

And I so wanted you to like me too.

LOLOLOL

My favorite quote from those brave souls in OK.
the Democrats holed up in a Holiday Inn across the Oklahoma state line and returned verbal fire. They said the row was all down to carpet-baggers in Congress trying to fiddle the 2004 election, led by Texas's own Tom DeLay, the Republican majority leader with the disturbingly French-sounding name.

Your hero's!!!
Republicans have been mostly idle since Monday, engaging in paper-wad fights and designing "wanted" posters and playing cards with the missing lawmakers' pictures.

Or maybe the dems could just follow the example of the reps and hire a special prosecutor at 100 million dollars plus to find SOMETHING on the opposition.

Offline Steve

• Platinum Member
Fugitive Democrats
« Reply #31 on: May 15, 2003, 03:12:17 PM »
Ahh but MT,  I DO  like you.   :)

We just disagree.
Member: Hot Soup Mafia - Cream of Myshroom
Army of Muppets  Yes, my ingame name is Steve

Offline midnight Target

• Plutonium Member
Fugitive Democrats
« Reply #32 on: May 15, 2003, 03:14:17 PM »
Originally posted by Steve
Ahh but MT,  I DO  like you.   :)

OK, but don't let Dowding know....

Offline rc51

• Parolee
  • Nickel Member
Re: On the upside....
« Reply #33 on: May 15, 2003, 05:58:55 PM »
Originally posted by Udie
One good thing about all the Dems in Texas running to Oklahoma is that the average IQ's of both states went up :D

:)

Offline Airhead

• Gold Member
      • http://www.ouchytheclown.com
Fugitive Democrats
« Reply #34 on: May 15, 2003, 06:43:04 PM »
Originally posted by Udie
Oh man you just don't know what all they are messing up.  There was actually some important legislation that is dieing now because of this stunt.  

Udie, what more laws could Texas actually pass? I mean, once Texas outlawed dildos you'd think all the really important laws, like those outlawing murder, rape and jaywalking, would already be in place. What "important legislation" is getting held up? A ban on thong underwear?

Offline Steve

• Platinum Member
Fugitive Democrats
« Reply #35 on: May 15, 2003, 06:48:24 PM »
I love my thong!  I may never be able to go to Texas again.  :/
Member: Hot Soup Mafia - Cream of Myshroom
Army of Muppets  Yes, my ingame name is Steve

Offline Hangtime

• Plutonium Member
Re: Fugitive Democrats
« Reply #36 on: May 15, 2003, 07:09:23 PM »
Originally posted by WineMan
If you can't beat'em, run away!  A bunch of whiners in Texas' Congress decided to boycott the legislature by fleeing the state and denying a quorum.

Now, I don't care what political party you are, this is the most chickens**t, child-like action by politicians I have seen yet!

Oh, we aren't going to win the votes so we just boycott the legislature....  I hope they lose their pay!

And if I were the majority party in the Texas, when we did get a quorum again, I'd vote to lower it so that the next time a "boycott" occurs, you could could still function and then just pass anything you want.

oh yah. maybe they should have fillibustered.
The price of Freedom is the willingness to do sudden battle, anywhere, any time and with utter recklessness...

...at home, or abroad.

Offline Eagler

• Plutonium Member
Fugitive Democrats
« Reply #37 on: May 16, 2003, 06:53:25 AM »
shows just what a sad sack of numbnuts the handsomehunkcrats have become  .. rolling back into town, honking their horns and claiming this run and hide action a "victory" :rolleyes:

Texas Dems return home
"Masters of the Air" Scenario - JG27

Intel Core i7-13700KF | GIGABYTE Z790 AORUS Elite AX | 64GB G.Skill DDR5 | 16GB GIGABYTE RTX 4070 Ti Super | 850 watt ps | pimax Crystal Light | Warthog stick | TM1600 throttle | VKB Mk.V Rudder

Offline Sabre

• Gold Member
      • Rich Owen
Fugitive Democrats
« Reply #38 on: May 16, 2003, 08:26:36 AM »
Originally posted by Eagler
shows just what a sad sack of numbnuts the handsomehunkcrats have become  .. rolling back into town, honking their horns and claiming this run and hide action a "victory" :rolleyes:

Texas Dems return home

Hey, it works for the French! (sorry, haven't bashed the French in over a week, and was having withdrawels:))
Sabre
"The urge to save humanity almost always masks a desire to rule it."

Offline midnight Target

• Plutonium Member
Fugitive Democrats
« Reply #39 on: May 16, 2003, 09:56:50 AM »
Originally posted by Steve

"...the dems had control of the congress here in 2001 when the redistricting was supposed to be done. They didn't even bring it up for a vote then and a 3 judge panel had to do it. THAT"S why it's up for a vote now. The Republicans are fufilling their constitutional duties unlike the otherside."

Redistricting is done every ten years in conjunction with the census, and Democrats said this plan was unnecessary because new districts were drawn two years ago.

Well... were they drawn or weren't they?

Offline Airhead

• Gold Member
Fugitive Democrats
« Reply #40 on: May 16, 2003, 10:19:05 AM »
You guys should think this through. Personally I wish ALL politicians would leave town. There's not one politician on  the planet that isn't convinced we're only one more law, rule or regulation away from a perfect Utopian society, and they are just the leader we need to "lead" us into that perfect Utopian society.

The only downside I can see if all politicians vanished is that we'd have nothing to discuss on these bbs other than bashing the French.

Offline Eagler

• Plutonium Member
Fugitive Democrats
« Reply #41 on: May 16, 2003, 10:21:23 AM »
Originally posted by midnight Target
Well... were they drawn or weren't they?

it was up for a VOTE to see if they should reconsider redistricting

they are suppose to vote on these and other issues...that be that them thar job.

so any vote on an issue they know they ain't gonna win - they all just going to jump on a bus and head outa town?

handsomehunk crybaby chicken ****s

Intel Core i7-13700KF | GIGABYTE Z790 AORUS Elite AX | 64GB G.Skill DDR5 | 16GB GIGABYTE RTX 4070 Ti Super | 850 watt ps | pimax Crystal Light | Warthog stick | TM1600 throttle | VKB Mk.V Rudder

Offline midnight Target

• Plutonium Member
Fugitive Democrats
« Reply #42 on: May 16, 2003, 10:25:52 AM »
I got to believe that you Eagler would be jumping on the Republigoons bandwagon if the roles were reversed. Imagine that the Dems took over the legislature and decided to redraw the districts 2 years after the census redistricting had already been done?

Offline Airhead

• Gold Member
Fugitive Democrats
« Reply #43 on: May 16, 2003, 10:28:47 AM »
Hell yea MT. If the Republicans were to ban plastic lawn flamingos you'd see Eagler become a liberal tree hugger so quick you'd think he was Blitz.

Offline Eagler

• Plutonium Member
Fugitive Democrats
« Reply #44 on: May 16, 2003, 10:42:43 AM »
Originally posted by Airhead
Hell yea MT. If the Republicans were to ban plastic lawn flamingos you'd see Eagler become a liberal tree hugger so quick you'd think he was Blitz.

hey - leave my flamingos out this :)

nope MT I'd think them chicken****s and would let them know it ...