Author Topic: Here we go again  (Read 2748 times)

Offline Tyro48

• Copper Member
Here we go again
« Reply #30 on: January 15, 2001, 11:08:00 AM »
I wish I had included this in my first post on this subject, but I agree with the community at large here, send the film and HTC make it public as to the outcome and will live with the results whatever it is, but should HTC find nothing then Razor you most definitely should post an apology , unfounded character assassination just cannot be tolerated, all of us have seen questionable things in the MA, but to make a public post and include a name is just so far out of line!

Offline EDO43

• Copper Member
Here we go again
« Reply #31 on: January 15, 2001, 12:14:00 PM »
RAZOR you're not only WAY out of line here but you haven't even got Vati66 in the right squadron!  I Flew with him in AW 3 under JV44 and when that disbanded, cofounded JG53 and subsequently TEAM BZ & TEAM A with him.  AT NO TIME HAS ANYONE OF THE PILOTS THEN OR NOW STOOPED TO CHEATING TO GAIN AN ADVANTAGE.  NOT ONLY IS IT DISHONEST BUT IT ISN'T REALLY ANY FUN.  MANY OF THE PILOTS THAT ARE HERE (IN OUR SQUADRON NOW) ONCE FLEW AW3. HECK WE HAVE SQUADDIES THAT ARE FORMER ENEMIES FROM AW3!

Toggle and I and several others have flown Vati's wing.  Does that tell you anything?  We fight as a team and as a team we share both defeat and sucess.  We don't need to cheat to achieve success.  We work hard at tactics, teamwork, ACM and gunnery.  

Computers,the internet and traffic often dictate the outcome of battle.  I have also seen what look like intentional warps in AH but I won't go accusing someone of it just because it happens, that would be irresponsible.  
Mawey -a-  tsmukan

Offline Lephturn

• Silver Member
      • http://lephturn.webhop.net
Here we go again
« Reply #32 on: January 15, 2001, 01:05:00 PM »
AKDejaVu,

I'm saving that one.  

Oh, what a perfect description of RAM's ... um... "issue".  

Hahaha, that made my day.  LOL

------------------
Lephturn - Chief Trainer
A member of The Flying Pigs  http://www.flyingpigs.com

"A pig is a jolly companion, Boar, sow, barrow, or gilt --
A pig is a pal, who'll boost your morale, Though mountains may topple and tilt.
When they've blackballed, bamboozled, and burned you, When they've turned on you, Tory and Whig,
Though you may be thrown over by Tabby and Rover, You'll never go wrong with a pig, a pig,
You'll never go wrong with a pig!" -- Thomas Pynchon, "Gravity's Rainbow"

toggl

Here we go again
« Reply #33 on: January 15, 2001, 05:07:00 PM »
Usually I let drivel like this roll of my back for that's exactly what it is. By all means send the film to AH. If Vati was a cheater I wouldn't fly with him. He's a hell of a pilot and is a great teacher as all who have flown with him will attest. I suggest the next time you get whacked you take a deep breath and remember exactly what this is. IT'S A GAME. You owe man an appology bud

toggl

Offline Hangtime

• Plutonium Member
Here we go again
« Reply #34 on: January 15, 2001, 05:18:00 PM »
LOL.. hope Vati has a sense of humor; and understands that this accusation (baseless) is in fact a compliment.

Good flyin Vati. And thanks for the six calls; and helpin the bish out where and when yah can. Don't worry about the peanut gallery.. just monkeys in there.

<S!>

Hang
1st/AG "Bishlanders"

The price of Freedom is the willingness to do sudden battle, anywhere, any time and with utter recklessness...

...at home, or abroad.

Offline MrWulf

• Zinc Member
Here we go again
« Reply #35 on: January 15, 2001, 05:58:00 PM »
RAZOR....you sure do seem to know alot about cheating, tried a few Ill bet you have. Ive been flying with Vati for 6yrs, this man DOES NOT cheat, would not condone cheating, and is simply a very good pilot who doesnt need to cheat. And he has never been in the Dogs of War squadron.
Its quite apparant that your gunnery skills do not match Vati's piloting skills. A little more practice will improve that I bet  
You owe Vati an apology, but considering your original post and utter lack of good taste, I dont expect one to be forthcoming.

------------------
MrWulf

Offline Razor

• Zinc Member
      • http://www.skidog.homepage.com
Here we go again
« Reply #36 on: January 15, 2001, 06:14:00 PM »
I expected this...never seen the guy do it so he never does. Fine. I saw the same thing in 2 different sims on more than one occasion.I heard B-landers complaing about the warpy Az spits and guess what squad they were referring to? Too many punks in the game for me...adios.

Offline Hangtime

• Plutonium Member
Here we go again
« Reply #37 on: January 15, 2001, 06:24:00 PM »
Don't let the door flatten yer head on the way thru it!

ADIOS, gringo.
The price of Freedom is the willingness to do sudden battle, anywhere, any time and with utter recklessness...

...at home, or abroad.

Offline Maverick

• Plutonium Member
Here we go again
« Reply #38 on: January 15, 2001, 06:25:00 PM »
Just a question. Is there a possibility that there is more than one player with that handle or a variation of it???

Mav
DEFINITION OF A VETERAN
A Veteran - whether active duty, retired, national guard or reserve - is someone who, at one point in their life, wrote a check made payable to "The United States of America", for an amount of "up to and including my life."
Author Unknown

Gerd

Here we go again
« Reply #39 on: January 15, 2001, 07:45:00 PM »
I've flown against and with Vati for 6 years and know no finer pilot, or one with more honor. If he warped, lagged or performed any other "unnatural" feats of piloting, it was not anything he did intentionally. I'm sure at one time or another, its happened to all of us.

SVGE

Offline Vati66

• Zinc Member
      • http://home.earthlink.net/~spitfiremk9/SturmJaegers.html
Here we go again
« Reply #40 on: January 15, 2001, 07:50:00 PM »
Gentlemen,

First off I would like to thank everyone who has come to my defense.  I wish I could see the original post but alas , SKIDOG has deleted it.   Last night I was flying alone  in a Spit...shot him and Post down  while they attempted to bomb a Bish base..  Took radiator damage and was forced to land.   I then took off from a near by base and ran into those two again.    I had an alt advantage  and dropped in on post from above killing him before he even shot.    I then went after A lanc that was slightly below me  and to my left ....I crossed his tail at about 800 yrds  sidesliping  to the left the whole time ... I took a few hit and lost a aileron.   I used my huge E to zoom above the lanc   and then winged over and finished the job from the top. The only thing remotely strange about the encounter was the fact I got 2 kills for the lanc as both SKIDOG and Leslie bailed out of it.  ( Never seen a double kill like that).   Skidog accused me of cheating on CH1.  I asking what he was talking about.  He said that I was warping on demand.  Well I checked my net status and both lines were flat. I told him that, but he said he was going to report me. I told him to do so since I know I was not cheating.  I can't discount  that there was not some NET hiccup or something, but what I will say is this.  There was no cheating from me.  I left AW3 because of the cheating and the fact that nothing was being done about it.  SKIdog,  By all means  send that film in.  Send it to me  I would like to see it also.  But please ..don't accuse me of cheating.   BTW,  I never flew with the Dog of War.  I flew with the CAF in AWDOS with the tail number 3361 ( call sign Fang).  Then on AOL I was CO of the Misfits,  JV-44 Die Expertn, then Team Extreme. (formaly JG53, then Team BZ).  I hope HT will come along and close this thread , because nothing good comes of this BS.  
< S >    Aces

Offline Westy

• Gold Member
Here we go again
« Reply #41 on: January 15, 2001, 08:18:00 PM »
 <S> Vati. You've always been a stand up guy. Don't let it get ya down or sour the day for you.

- Westy

Offline mauser

• Nickel Member
Here we go again
« Reply #42 on: January 15, 2001, 09:50:00 PM »
I've been in AH since October 98 and have been with Vati for almost a year now. I've seen stuff that can be taken as warp on demand in my everyday experience online, but I've learned to never take this seriously. Netlag and hiccups have a lot to do with this, and so does system setups. I had a period when everytime I pressed the trigger the whole screen would pause for a little less than a second before the guns would fire. Of course you know the shot is screwed after that. But that wasn't due to the target, it was because my system accessed the drive at that moment.

I can say that Vati is a great guy, a great leader, and would never stoop to doing those kinds of things. Actually the majority of the community doesn't do those things either... we're interested in fighting and most of us know that cheating will never benefit us in the long run. If you really feel something is up, like everyone else says, e-mail it directly to HTC with your film and let them check it out. Your backing down and running off won't make things any better for you. You will be forgiven (like many have been) if you make a mistake if you admit to it and apologize.

mauser
Sturmjaeger

Offline DrDea

• Gold Member
Here we go again
« Reply #43 on: January 15, 2001, 10:05:00 PM »
 I have flown with,for and against Vati for some time.I flew with him in AW as JV 44 and flew against him in AW as a BOP.No I fly with him in AH and have never had reason to believe him a disshonest or less that honorable pilot.I admire his talent in fighters as he knows when to leave the dance.I myself never knew when to cut my losses and run away.
 To accuse someone of cheating due to a lost dogfight to me seems childish and trite.Air Warrior was full of such comments and some had validity but on the most part,it was some little jack off with the day off school and nothing to do but lament his lack of ability.True this is just a game,but there is honor involved to some degree.
 Send the film in.In other words put your money where your mouth is.Put up or simply shut up.
The Flying Circus.Were just like you.Only prettier.

FSO 334 Flying Eagles. Fencers Heros.

Mk10 225th

Here we go again
« Reply #44 on: January 16, 2001, 12:51:00 PM »
Deleted...I'm completely wasted at this time.

Mk