Author Topic: Why is it personal with you?  (Read 3043 times)

Offline pzvg

• Zinc Member
Why is it personal with you?
« on: December 08, 2000, 04:24:00 PM »
What is it with a vocal minority that has to make a damn simple concept like a multiplayer flight sim into some kind of personal spasm zone to hang out in the wind.
Hell, I see the great folks here,the steady improvements to the sim, and think, "maybe I should go again" Nah, I still see the same ugly badboy wannabe crap on the UBB, therefore it's still in the MA, Get it right folks, I'm not personally offended, hell, none of ya get close to offending me, but I do get bored with it, and sq*ch1 ain't the friggin answer, People we came here to be a part of something, not to fly single-player in a multi-player sim, I don't get it, some people got a serious case of "little man" syndrome but what the hell, I can wait for ya ta shuffle back ta yer holes, and I am.

(Hi Rip, nope they ain't ready yet)

------------------
pzvg- "5 years and I still can't shoot"

Offline miko2d

• Parolee
  • Gold Member
« Reply #1 on: December 08, 2000, 04:37:00 PM »
 Hey,
 Wake up and look around you - the world is full of jerks. And while we have a disproportionate number of smart and educated peope here in AH, the number of jerks is also much higher then average because most of them have no life and no safe way to exibit the same kind of behavior in real life.
 Asking jerks not to be jerks is pointless on your part. It is referred to as "preaching to the choir".
 If you have some kind of advice to HTC to reduce "jerkiness" of the game without loosing their revenue, please tell them.
 Otherwise you just have to learn to deal with that. For each one that "shuffle back ta yer holes" two new ones will pop up.
 The best thing you could do from my point of view is to come and play and dilute the average jerkinness of the game by your enlightened presence. But apparently you just want to squeak and wait till some one else comes up with a perfect world for you. Not gonna happen till you die and go to Heaven  

miko

eskimo

« Reply #2 on: December 08, 2000, 04:42:00 PM »
I really get a kick out of chanel 1.
The things people say make me laugh so often,
I could never imagine squelching.
The folks who rant are deffinitly a bit uptight, but if ya let what they say bug you, yer prolly taking it a bit too seriously as well.

eskimo

Offline -duma-

• Zinc Member
« Reply #3 on: December 08, 2000, 04:44:00 PM »
That was very nearly a haiku, eskimo  

Offline Torque

• Gold Member
« Reply #4 on: December 08, 2000, 04:56:00 PM »
You mean Walt Disney lied and Germany didn't start WWII?

Offline mrfish

• Parolee
  • Gold Member
« Reply #5 on: December 08, 2000, 04:59:00 PM »
oh who frogging cares anyway - i have to consider the alternative:

bust out my model airplanes and make vrooom vroom ack ack noises by myself (again) ah is the the better option

Offline Ripsnort

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #6 on: December 08, 2000, 06:26:00 PM »
Heya PZ! <S>
If you're waiting for the community, it ain't never been there and ain't never gonna get there, like the real world, alot of diversity....however, the sim is coming along nicely from what I've seen recently!

<S> you got a home when you got an account!~

Offline Yeager

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #7 on: December 08, 2000, 07:00:00 PM »
Well Pzvg,

Its a great place to spend some time and there are loads of great folks who participate.  13th TAS here has some of the best folks I have had the pleasure to sim with.  Equal to my friends in 901 from WBs without doubt!

If you let the loudcrowd shoo ya away from a damn fine playground...well, its your choice.

Yeager
"If someone flips you the bird and you don't know it, does it still count?" - SLIMpkns

Offline Sunchaser

• Copper Member
« Reply #8 on: December 08, 2000, 10:15:00 PM »
Hey pzvg, 6 guys in the Med with icons off was and is way more fun than 150 in the PLAYPEN, come join me when you can.

------------------
When did they put this thing in here and WTF is it for?

[This message has been edited by Sunchaser (edited 12-08-2000).]

Offline -ammo-

• Platinum Member
« Reply #9 on: December 08, 2000, 11:22:00 PM »
Hiya psvg. Not everyone gets involved in "as the aircraft turns" Actually it is a minority that create the noise, there are some really good folks here.

the 56th has a spot for ya if like the jug, just holler if ya like! <S>

Commanding Officer, 56 Fighter Group
Retired USAF - 1988 - 2011

Offline Wardog

• Copper Member
« Reply #10 on: December 08, 2000, 11:30:00 PM »
pzvg

Ya want to see something even worse, head to AGW BB.. Im sure AH BB will catch up to it in 4 or 5 years.........

Dog out.....

funked

« Reply #11 on: December 09, 2000, 12:37:00 AM »
PZVG I don't know what causes it.  

One guess is that people treat eachother differently because of the impersonal nature of the internet.  They might be quite polite in real life but the power of anonymity brings out the beast.

I'm also wondering if a lot of people are stereotype computer nerds or members of the Nintendo (Nofriendo) generation who didn't play sports in their youth and never learned sportsmanship and how to win (and lose) with dignity.  A rebuke from a coach or a right cross from an opponent teaches these lessons pretty quickly.

Offline rosco-

• Copper Member
« Reply #12 on: December 09, 2000, 12:59:00 AM »

Originally posted by funked:
PZVG I don't know what causes it.  

One guess is that people treat eachother differently because of the impersonal nature of the internet.  They might be quite polite in real life but the power of anonymity brings out the beast.

I'm also wondering if a lot of people are stereotype computer nerds or members of the Nintendo (Nofriendo) generation who didn't play sports in their youth and never learned sportsmanship and how to win (and lose) with dignity.  A rebuke from a coach or a right cross from an opponent teaches these lessons pretty quickly.

I think you hit the nail on the head. Preach on brother funked.

Offline Dowding

• Platinum Member
      • http://www.psys07629.pwp.blueyonder.co.uk/272/index.html
« Reply #13 on: December 09, 2000, 07:17:00 AM »
Funked - I've often wondered what kind of people can be found here. I sometimes wonder if the 'computer nerd' somehow rings true here. But then I guess this is a little different to most other games - alot of people seem to be real life pilots, and a couple are ex-combat pilots (you don't become one of those by avoiding team sports). I myself rowed and played football (soccer) for university college teams. The majority of the people I talk to here seem well balanced individuals, and have a life when they switch their computer off.

But occasioanlly (especially recently), I'm led to think otherwise.
War! Never been so much fun. War! Never been so much fun! Go to your brother, Kill him with your gun, Leave him lying in his uniform, Dying in the sun.

Offline airspro

• Silver Member
      • My Blastoff start page :P
« Reply #14 on: December 09, 2000, 07:21:00 AM »
funked : I think you are most likly right .

Also this game is harder than most , and they might bring their frustrations out on channel 1 and here more than usual ?

My mother taught me this , and has served me well I think :

"If you don't have anything good to say , don't say anything"

Works well in RL works even better on the internet IMO .

cheers spro
My current Ace's High handle is spro