Author Topic: Okinawa Set Up May 30th  (Read 1931 times)

Offline brady

• Platinum Member
      • http://personal.jax.bellsouth.net/jax/t/y/tyr88/JG2main.html
Okinawa Set Up May 30th
« on: May 27, 2003, 03:34:01 PM »
This Friday as mentioned earler, we will be runing the new Okinawa terain by Kanttori,Tiles by Squirl and Some yet to added details by DUX, and Skins by an artist who whish to remain unnamed:)

The Allies will start with all their assest's at see, if they take a Base they will have Army Air assest and GV's available.

Fleat hardness will by 50% of MA standard, 4k for a Cv and 750 pounds for any other ship.

All bases have SB's they will be set to 5k, as apposed to 4k wich is their default seting.

The Ack gun hardenss will be increased to 50KG.

Ack lethality will be at .7, like it is normaly in the CT.

Dot dar will be at 20 miles for enemy and unlimited for friendly.

500 foot height for dar.

The plane set:

At start up all Allied airpower will be sea based, if the Allies take a base US Army Air assest's will be available their as well as GV's.

Plane set:

Their are two types of Allied CV task forces, one with 4 CV's and one with one CV. The 4 CV groups have two CA in them along with their CV's and the Single CV groupe is just like a MA fleat. Their are also 4 CA TF's like we had on the slot map. For this set up will will be using, 2 single CV group's, one Four CV groupe and one 4 CA groupe. The Japanese will have one Single CA groupe.

USN:

From the Four CV groupe(C1):

Hellcat
Wildcat FM2
TBM
SBD
LVT's

From the Single CV groupe (C3):

F4U-1D
TBM
SBD
LVT's

Royal Navy:

From the single CV groupe(C4):

F4U-1A (Skined as a Royal Navy Coursare)
TBM
SBD
LVT's

US Army:

P47D-30
A20
C47
The M's
Panzer IV
PT's

Japan:

All of them.
C47
The M's
Panzer IV
PT's
« Last Edit: May 27, 2003, 05:12:20 PM by brady »

Offline Batz

• Gold Member
      • http://bellsouthpwp.net/w/o/wotans/4JG53/
Okinawa Set Up May 30th
« Reply #1 on: May 27, 2003, 03:40:32 PM »
Sounds like fun. I'll be there for this one.

Offline Nifty

• Platinum Member
Okinawa Set Up May 30th
« Reply #2 on: May 27, 2003, 03:50:51 PM »
Thanks for being nice and not making the Japanese go up against the 4Hog.  :)

Also thanks for giving the Val a chance to sink a ship on its own.  :)
proud member of the 332nd Flying Mongrels, noses in the wind since 1997.

Offline oboe

• Plutonium Member
Okinawa Set Up May 30th
« Reply #3 on: May 27, 2003, 06:19:59 PM »
Was wondering about the P-51D in this one.   I believe the 348th and 35th FGs were based in Ie Shima its fall.   Not sure about the Lightning - was it involved in the OK campaign?

Anyway, 51 left out for play balance reasons?  Just curious...

Offline kanttori

• Platinum Member
      • Lentolaivue 32
Okinawa Set Up May 30th
« Reply #4 on: May 27, 2003, 06:24:13 PM »
Here is the Okinawa's strategy. I have made the spawn points arrows like US invasion ways in the real life in 1945:

As you can see, the best coast to start invasion is Yontan and Kadena area, like in history. After capturing those fields Allied can roll to south and north using GV's spawn point's ways.

There are numbers of automatic 20-30 mm and mannable 37 mm Acks all over the island and always near the spawn points. Those Ack batteries are owned by the nearest field. Maybe the best way to invasion is destroy at first the Shore and Ack Batteries with heavy jabo attacks. ;)

Ack Batteries have always three guns: automatic 20 mm and 30 mm and mannable 37 mm. The heavy 88 mm batteries have three gun's too. Both battery types are placed like triangles.

Capturing the fields is the old system: maprooms are always near towers and there are any "Field Cap Towns" in this map. That's because of frame rates, there are a lot of trees and stuff in the fields... you know me!:D  Kill the VH and Acks and drop the troops.

There are no Hangers on the fields, but all the Sandbag Revitments are like them.

Five Airfields on Okinawa Isle has their historical layout with coral runaways and revitment's places. The little isles around Okinawa have little "jungle" fields. They are like quickly built bases or little reserve fields. They have Shore Batteries, too.

HQ's and Ports are outside the Clipboard map, so you cannot see them.

And the Allied fleets are Huge looking from the air...:D
Lentorykmentti 3 - Finnish Aces High Virtual Flight Regiment

Offline brady

• Platinum Member
      • http://personal.jax.bellsouth.net/jax/t/y/tyr88/JG2main.html
Okinawa Set Up May 30th
« Reply #5 on: May 27, 2003, 06:35:52 PM »
The P47 is skined as a P47N from the 463rd Fighter Squadron 507th Fighter Group on le Shima during 1945.to the best of my knowledge this was the First US Army fighter unit based on an Okinawa area field. This unit was in action before the entire island of Okianawa was secured. I stuck with just the above plane set to effect a better gameplay balance.
« Last Edit: May 27, 2003, 06:38:24 PM by brady »

Offline MRPLUTO

• Nickel Member
Okinawa Set Up May 30th
« Reply #6 on: May 28, 2003, 06:18:20 PM »
I don't understand why the spawn points for bases aren't mutual.  That is, if one can spawn from V20 to A33, why not from A33 to V20?

MRPLUTO VMF-323 ~Death Rattlers~ MAG-33

Offline Pollock

• Nickel Member
Okinawa Set Up May 30th
« Reply #7 on: May 28, 2003, 06:25:08 PM »
cool, PTO P-47s cool

Offline Drunky

• Parolee
  • Gold Member
Okinawa Set Up May 30th
« Reply #8 on: May 28, 2003, 08:19:11 PM »
This looks to be one of the most exciting maps and setups we have had :D

Kanttori, et al who have worked on it.  Can't wait for Friday now :D
Drunky | SubGenius
Fat Drunk Bastards
B.A.A.H. - Black Association of Aces High

Offline Soulyss

• Platinum Member
      • Aces High Events
Okinawa Set Up May 30th
« Reply #9 on: May 29, 2003, 01:33:23 AM »
DROOL

Is it friday yet?........no?.........well why the hell not....
80th FS "Headhunters"
I blame mir.

Offline Sakai

• Silver Member
Re: Okinawa Set Up May 30th
« Reply #10 on: May 29, 2003, 09:15:09 AM »
Originally posted by brady
This Friday as mentioned earler, we will be runing the new Okinawa terain by Kanttori,Tiles by Squirl and Some yet to added details by DUX, and Skins by an artist who whish to remain unnamed:)

Reet !

Sakai
"The P-40B does all the work for you . . ."

Offline Tuck

• Copper Member
      • http://hometown.aol.com/tuck0006/
Okinawa Set Up May 30th
« Reply #11 on: May 29, 2003, 04:04:15 PM »
No German planes?  :o

Oh well, I guess they can't all be ETO setups.  I'll suck it up and manage.  :rolleyes:

Offline kanttori

• Platinum Member
      • Lentolaivue 32
Okinawa Set Up May 30th
« Reply #12 on: May 30, 2003, 05:13:21 AM »
We have noticed one bug in the map: Use only H (Hanger) spawn when you upped fro US Fleets! The other spawns drop you to the sea!;)
Lentorykmentti 3 - Finnish Aces High Virtual Flight Regiment

Offline Emptygun26

• Zinc Member
Okinawa Set Up May 30th
« Reply #13 on: May 30, 2003, 05:54:14 AM »
We should have the P51D and P51B, on the feilds. This is what frustrates me. You say you want to keep things fair and balanced. Yet they have the Niki. Weres are C-hog? This is going to be just like the last "pac" set up. This is about as fair and balanced as fox news. Count me out.

Offline oboe

• Plutonium Member
Okinawa Set Up May 30th
« Reply #14 on: May 30, 2003, 07:20:14 AM »
I think the P-51s didn't arrive until after Okinawa was secured, and if this CT setting simulates the invasion of the island I can see why they were left out.

The F4U-1C, though, was definitely present, serving with MAG-31
operating from Yontan, arrived 7 April.

Maybe it could be made available from that base after it's captured?   Might have to perk it though, or it could be used in far larger numbers than it really was?

I fly Japanese so I'm not looking forward to facing it, but if the F4U-1C belongs in any CT setting, it should be this one.    The CT staffers have to decide how badly it would effect play balance - maybe its just better off being used in an Okinawa scenario, where its numbers can be controlled.