Author Topic: What has happened to AH?  (Read 5176 times)

Offline SunKing

• Gold Member
What has happened to AH?
« Reply #15 on: June 07, 2003, 04:48:44 PM »
Pizza for a week isn't helping either.....

Offline qts

• Nickel Member
      • None yet
What has happened to AH?
« Reply #16 on: June 07, 2003, 05:01:01 PM »
OK, I'll admit that I run. But this is deliberate. One of my favoured rides at the moment is the C205 (another is the tiffie). I'll up and join a furball fine but if I'm on my way to join a field cap or whatever, I'm often behind the rest, and sometimes the defenders kill most of the rest before I get there. Now a C205 against 6+ other aircraft isn't going to be fun, let alone fair. So I head for home.

The other time I 'run' is when I lead a con back to others. Again, I'm usually in a C205 so the con thinks 'easy kill'. But a C205 + 2-3 others isn't so easy...

Offline Furious

• Gold Member
What has happened to AH?
« Reply #17 on: June 07, 2003, 05:22:50 PM »
Urchin, you forget a new favorite MA move.  

I like to call it the "HO and GO".

Dive from 5k up, go for the face shot and when you miss miserably, run forever.

Offline Urchin

• Platinum Member
What has happened to AH?
« Reply #18 on: June 07, 2003, 05:24:34 PM »
I don't have anything against Bore and Zoom. A lot of people will never be good enough to 'fight' the way I like to with a lot of success.  What irritates me is the halfass bore and zoom that is far to common in the MA.  They dive, you bank, they get scared and run away.  I've been in 'fights' against 3 or 4 enemies where I never had to pull more than 1.5G to evade their 'attacks'.  I suppose it could be 'fun' for them, but it is boring as hell for me.  

I don't know if people are just chicken**** or if they'd like to fight but they don't know how to.  All I know is that even the Bore and Zoomers are taking cowardice to all new heights.  Combined with the gameplay which has gotten quite stale over the two years I've been playing, and the fact that 4 planes make up about 75% of the airborne population, it is almost like the straw that breaks the camels back.

Offline Arlo

• Radioactive Member
What has happened to AH?
« Reply #19 on: June 07, 2003, 05:27:42 PM »
Furious adds:

Urchin, you forget a new favorite MA move.

I like to call it the "HO and GO".

Dive from 5k up, go for the face shot and when you miss miserably, run forever.

Followed by the "chase-n-bawl."

Try this:

1: Don't chase

2: Don't bawl (you may need them typin' fingers)

I bet you'll see a runner turn around. ;)

(*Shrug* .. it's a theory) :D
« Last Edit: June 07, 2003, 05:30:03 PM by Arlo »

Offline Urchin

• Platinum Member
What has happened to AH?
« Reply #20 on: June 07, 2003, 05:50:18 PM »
Yea that is the other thing that amazes me.... the same people that will break off if you bank more than 10 degrees will charge in guns a'blazin if you offer a head on.  Stupid.

Offline Furious

• Gold Member
What has happened to AH?
« Reply #21 on: June 07, 2003, 05:56:17 PM »
Sorry to disappoint you arlo, but I don't do much chasing, and I never bawl.

I do laugh my bellybutton off at the cheeziness of it all at times though.

Month or so ago, I upped from a base under attack in a p51b with only 25% fuel.  I killed 3 mossies and some other plane I don't remember.  I then gave chase to a higher d9 and he just kept running.  I am down to 1/8 fuel left, so I chop throttle and head back to base.  He loops over and cames screaming back in on my 6.  I let him get to d1.5, max throttle, barrel roll and am on his 6.  He runs again, so I again chop throttle and give him my six.  Did this 3 more times and each time he lost the advatange and ran.  I then run out of fuel and had to ditch.

Then over Ch1, this tool starts in on how he 0wn3d this 51 that had to intentionally disco to save his ass.  I hadn't laughed that hard in a long time.

Offline WldThing

• Gold Member
What has happened to AH?
« Reply #22 on: June 07, 2003, 06:00:20 PM »
Originally posted by Pooh21
Im currently taking the month off from AH as the boredom and annoyance factor outweighed the fun at the time. I was in a H2H room other night, specifically Ikes peashooter setup that was a blast and AH like it used to feel.

Been "away" for like 2 months now, logged in maybe 5 hours both tours.. Boredom was probebly the biggest factor for me..

Offline Duedel

• Silver Member
What has happened to AH?
« Reply #23 on: June 07, 2003, 06:08:14 PM »
Urchin u have a valid point here but what annoys me much moer is that the elite rooks now fly like the bishes. A few tours before rooks had great sticks and i had great respekt for this "country". Now all my respekt has gone. I only see Lala and NIki dweebs - I dont want to say that the knights are better.
Maybe its cause there are so many new players so I stay calm and dont whine about how they fly but sometimes I have to admit I'm wishing that a few planes get perked.

Offline Arlo

• Radioactive Member
What has happened to AH?
« Reply #24 on: June 07, 2003, 06:12:49 PM »
Originally posted by Furious

I do laugh my bellybutton off at the cheeziness of it all at times though.

Oh .. you and me too. Doesn't disappoint me in the least (though I'm not sure how it could either way). :D

Offline Shane

• Platinum Member
What has happened to AH?
« Reply #25 on: June 07, 2003, 07:12:14 PM »
Originally posted by Arlo
What part of the word "whining" confuses you? :D

the ng part...  once i took that off, you whini like a slobberdonkey.

:D
Surrounded by suck and underwhelmed with mediocrity.
I'm always right, it just takes some poepl longer to come to that realization than others.
I'm not perfect, but I am closer to it than you are.
"...vox populi, vox dei..."  ~Alcuin ca. 798
Truth doesn't need exaggeration.

Offline lazs2

• Radioactive Member
What has happened to AH?
« Reply #26 on: June 07, 2003, 07:19:55 PM »
closer fields will be a cure and allow for choice for every type of fight.  I understand the quick fix thing... I am not some kid that spends 6 hours or longer at a stretch at this.. I want to have a good fur.

I have decided to fly every fighter this tour till I land/ditch a kill.. I am trying to maintain 5 or more kills per hour and never go above 6k AGL... I have not found one plane that I can't do this with if the fight is good and action filled.... if the fields were closer I would have a lot of choice... I am up to the "p" planes..  even the wussy FW's can get kills on the deck turning if the fight is good and large.
lazs

Offline Arlo

• Radioactive Member
What has happened to AH?
« Reply #27 on: June 07, 2003, 07:23:01 PM »
*chuckle*

Shane .... you are probably one of the best flyers/criers in AH. Keep up the good work. :D

Offline moot

• Plutonium Member
      • http://www.dasmuppets.com
What has happened to AH?
« Reply #28 on: June 07, 2003, 07:34:39 PM »
anecdotes like Furious' are not new, in fact I started doing the same thing as only guarantee for something else than 0 IQ bnz a long while ago. It came here with the stupidity of the masses and it's here to stay. Even the good players can be seen to have forgotten how to play without dweebiness because of all the BS dweeby fights they've aclimatized to.

epic dogfighting is a lost art, and just like a lot of other things (at random: keeping in touch), nobody gives a **** what, why or how it is/was.
They need to grab a good loyalty in the right part of the customer base, and **** off the rest of the useless mass, or give them their own area with AI drones to shoot at and run from, they'd see no difference.
Hello ant
running very fast
I squish you

Offline Arlo

• Radioactive Member
What has happened to AH?
« Reply #29 on: June 07, 2003, 07:51:36 PM »
Originally posted by moot

They need to grab a good loyalty in the right part of the customer base, and **** off the rest of the useless mass, or give them their own area with AI drones to shoot at and run from, they'd see no difference.

Hmmm ... "right part" of the customer base ... good loyalty. Versus a large customer base of happy players who don't whine about every little thing (well, most of em). Yeah ... a winning combo that I'm sure HTC will agree with.

I wonder if the influx of "stupidity" is worse that some of the stupidity that was already here? :D