Author Topic: so what has changed?  (Read 1445 times)

Offline fullback

• Copper Member
so what has changed?
« Reply #45 on: July 01, 2003, 06:06:04 AM »
Good post, stegor.

Offline Hap

• Gold Member
so what has changed?
« Reply #46 on: July 01, 2003, 06:35:53 AM »
the goal has changed from the kill board to winning the war.

Offline lazs2

• Radioactive Member
so what has changed?
« Reply #47 on: July 01, 2003, 08:42:55 AM »
manx.. I flew the -1a for as many tours as I now fly the Fm2.  I fly the 51b when the fuel is 25%.. I fly the il2 when there is no fight at all except for a few gv's close to the base... I fly the yak when the field is capped byfast planes... I fly the -4 or tempest when the fast cap is just a couple of sissy pee 51's or dee 9 opportunists with drop tanks and more patience than skill (love to run em down and wee their version of "evasives")

I believe I have even fought you.   I would rather have been in a fast plane, 38 or -1a or yak or 51b when i met your 38 but... it was fun because you fought.  

I find that the fast planes are easier especially on the new big maps... if you want to survive you can run.  people won't chase a fast plane because they know that they will be in indian territory by the time they  catch it (they certainly don't want to take that chance!)... show up 2 sectors away from your nearest base in a slow plane and  you create an instant conga line.   They don't have to turn back cause they know they can catch ya... if you reverse the 3 pee 51's and 4 la7's then.... the 2 spit 5's and 4 niks that were trailing will catch up.

lazs