Author Topic: Twilight  (Read 312 times)

Offline AKcurly

• Silver Member
Twilight
« Reply #15 on: May 10, 2001, 05:05:00 AM »
Yeah Saw, I agree - buff time, but, low light before dark, dark, low light after dark is too much low light!  I don't want to fly buffs!  

Maybe a minute or two of twilight and 10 or 15 minutes of night.  Dark is too pretty to do away with it, but twilight doesn't do anything but make me log.

About denying anyone anything - hey, I didn't whine when they perked the F4U1c.  

AKcurly

[This message has been edited by AKcurly (edited 05-10-2001).]

Offline Baddawg

• Zinc Member
      • http://www.dogfighter.com
Twilight
« Reply #16 on: May 10, 2001, 09:06:00 AM »
Get some new glasses you old Fart! :-)

Offline Yoj

• Copper Member
Twilight
« Reply #17 on: May 10, 2001, 11:41:00 AM »
They ought to make night longer, make day fighters unavailable and model airborne intercept radar and the Beaufighter, P-70, Bf-110g, P-61, etc. to carry it, and ground imaging radar for the big buffs.  A whole other aspect to the game, and a realistic use of night  

- Yoj

Offline Ripsnort

• Radioactive Member
Twilight
« Reply #18 on: May 10, 2001, 11:42:00 AM »
Ditto Ghost's thoughts.

funked

Twilight
« Reply #19 on: May 10, 2001, 11:44:00 AM »
Lose the night thing please.

Offline MrLars

• Silver Member
Twilight
« Reply #20 on: May 10, 2001, 02:41:00 PM »

Originally posted by Saintaw:
It's a good time for Ar234 or Pnzr runs  

Saw
[Mass]

Yeah! What Saintaw said!. At the onset of twilight I go lookin' for the most likely base to get assulted by GV's. GV battles at night time tend to be slugfests at less than 2000 yards...great pucker factor!

------------------
Lars
***MOL***
Men Of Leisure

Offline Phantom121

• Zinc Member
Twilight
« Reply #21 on: May 10, 2001, 03:41:00 PM »
Everyone views(opinions) are different - my kills and hit percentage nearly double at twilight.  Maybe because the fights are closer, maybe because I concentrate more, maybe because the other guys panics and doesn't think he can fight well.  So I agree with Ghost.  

Now as for GV battles at night, I agree with SAW and MrLars.  I absolutely luv em.

Offline Thorns

• Nickel Member
      • http://members.cox.net/computerpilot/
Twilight
« Reply #22 on: May 10, 2001, 11:06:00 PM »
The twilight and night time is awesome!  Give that up?  NO WAY!!  There's a light on in the cockpit and the artifical horizon is lighted.  I say establish a hard deck and live longer!  Don't be yankin' your stick around like Quake.  Watch your gauges and don't get vertigo......It's really cool to turn out the lights in the room at twilight/night too.  Those little beads of sweat appear on your forehead.....Cool!!

Thorns

Offline delta

• Copper Member
Twilight
« Reply #23 on: May 11, 2001, 11:41:00 AM »
I vote: LOSE THE NIGHT

Offline J_A_B

• Gold Member
Twilight
« Reply #24 on: May 11, 2001, 12:55:00 PM »
I too log off as soon as it starts getting dark.   Judging by whaty happens to arena numbers, so do a lot of other people.

J_A_B

Offline MiG Eater

• Zinc Member
      • http://www.avphoto.com
Twilight
« Reply #25 on: May 11, 2001, 01:21:00 PM »
Keep the night, lose the icons at night.

MiG

Offline 214thCavalier

• Silver Member
Twilight
« Reply #26 on: May 11, 2001, 01:51:00 PM »
I believe AK was suggesting the timing of dusk / night / dawn be altered not to remove night completely.
Keep the night if the overall period remained the same but we had a longer night period and shorter transitions i can live with that.
Personally i think the transition periods are great but i guess some people may be having hardware related problems with it.
1 trick though try either switch off lights or hang a black out curtain   it makes viewing much easier but damn that clipboard nearly blinds you !