Author Topic: inflight radar needs removal  (Read 609 times)

Offline Citabria

• Platinum Member
inflight radar needs removal
« on: May 09, 2001, 09:02:00 PM »
bad
Fester was my in game name until September 2013

Offline hblair

• Platinum Member
      • http://www.cybrtyme.com/personal/hblair/mainpage.htm
« Reply #1 on: May 09, 2001, 10:02:00 PM »
But how would anyone ever find a fight??

I'm skeeerd!

Mr. T

« Reply #2 on: May 09, 2001, 10:05:00 PM »
Mista T and the whole A-Team is here to make a fight. We can't shoot straight and don't kill no one, but my fists bust you up real good.
fool!
-SW

Offline Drex

• Nickel Member
« Reply #3 on: May 09, 2001, 10:51:00 PM »
Just remember what happens when Mr. T gets in an airplane.

Drex

Offline Zigrat

• Nickel Member
« Reply #4 on: May 09, 2001, 11:16:00 PM »
i thought id just pop in to say its funny the fist 4 ppl to all post in this thread are all excellent sticks  

Offline Wardog

• Copper Member
« Reply #5 on: May 09, 2001, 11:59:00 PM »
Yup, agree.

Ive allways been against inflight Dar, should be from Tower only or from any plane equiped with it in WWII. And the planes so equiped should be limited to 1 sector of Dar info.

Dog out.....

Online Maverick

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #6 on: May 10, 2001, 12:05:00 AM »
If you don't want dar, just don't open your clipboard. Surprise, there is no dar in your plane then.

Mav
DEFINITION OF A VETERAN
A Veteran - whether active duty, retired, national guard or reserve - is someone who, at one point in their life, wrote a check made payable to "The United States of America", for an amount of "up to and including my life."
Author Unknown

Offline SOB

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #7 on: May 10, 2001, 12:12:00 AM »
I think this is a good idea...at least removing the dot dar in flight, even if the sector bars stay.  Not sure if it'd be better or worse, but I'd like to see  

SOB
Three Times One Minus One.  Dayum!

Offline Wlfgng

• Platinum Member
      • http://www.nick-tucker.com
« Reply #8 on: May 10, 2001, 12:19:00 AM »
 I totally agree.  And this coming from an average stick... me...   drop the inflight DAR .

funked

« Reply #9 on: May 10, 2001, 12:21:00 AM »
Yep, drop the radar dots in flight.  Keep the sector bars but only if they don't show ground targets, and it's possible to fly low enough to avoid detection.

Offline hblair

• Platinum Member
      • http://www.cybrtyme.com/personal/hblair/mainpage.htm
« Reply #10 on: May 10, 2001, 12:24:00 AM »
Baaah!

You guys heard maverick. All you gotta do is turn your radar off. HTC needs to hire this guy. Genius at work I tell ya.

Online Maverick

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #11 on: May 10, 2001, 12:54:00 AM »
Yeah what Blair said!!!  

Hey blair about that $5.00 you wanted.......

Mav

[This message has been edited by Maverick (edited 05-10-2001).]
DEFINITION OF A VETERAN
A Veteran - whether active duty, retired, national guard or reserve - is someone who, at one point in their life, wrote a check made payable to "The United States of America", for an amount of "up to and including my life."
Author Unknown

Offline Pepe

• Silver Member
« Reply #12 on: May 10, 2001, 02:02:00 AM »
Yep, drop the Dot radar & revamp the Bar counter.

Pepe

lazs

« Reply #13 on: May 10, 2001, 08:39:00 AM »
yeah... let's just ratchet up the boredom factor another notch so that those who spend a goodly portion of their time online have one more advantage that they have "earned".  We certainly want to keep the game evolving and the learning curve rising.... Keeps out the riff raff...  Hey... if you haven't got a couple 4 hours to spend online then maybe you don't deserve a good fite?  Heck the "real" pilots didn't see a fite for a whole tour someimes.
lazs

Offline Kweassa

• Platinum Member
« Reply #14 on: May 10, 2001, 09:39:00 AM »

hmm..

How about comprimising things a bit?

1) Get rid of individual radar contact dots for both friendly and hostile forces 2)make radar bar indicate size of enemy forces for not 1 sector, but 4(2x2) sectors

That way, there still is radar information enough to find action, but it is four sectors and you don't know both the location of enemy and friendly. This would necessiate people of same countries to contact each other working in the 2x2 square more often than we do currently(since, flying alone for four sectors would reduce your chances for both surviving AND finding the enemy).

More chance of survival for buff pilots would encourage them to fly more often/aggresively, and more buffs to be searched within four sectors would also mean more need for organized caps and less meaningless gang-bang furballs.

And, the sector radio channel could be changed to the 'tactical sector communication', (1 tactical sector = 4 normal sectors) to add more convienience.

Anyway, the point is to change something so that people still have enough guidance for flight/finding fights, but stop them from engaging and gangbanging in to just 1 airfield with instant access to information.

I think my idea can solve some of those problems, plus, it would be relatively easy for HTC to change programming.

What do you people think about it?