Author Topic: Where did you get your call sign?  (Read 14750 times)

Offline muckmaw

• Gold Member
Where did you get your call sign?
« Reply #120 on: March 22, 2002, 10:43:58 AM »
Mine started out as something silly. I was signing up for AW and needed a callsign, so I came up with Futher-Mucker. Put a few tequila's in me, and this is how I talk. Needless to say, the name stuck with my drinking buddies. Soon it became "Muck" for short.

Now I find myself with my plane nose down in the muck more often than I like to admit, so it works for me.  

Obviously, the MAW at the end is my squad, hence MUCKMAW

Offline save

• Gold Member
« Reply #121 on: March 22, 2002, 10:58:10 AM »
In WB 1.09 I had to change my id
from "kaka" to something. ( kaka btw is
cookie in swedish) because of creditcard
issues

The day before I saved a # of purple friends butt by hovering over own field
and diving down to save my chased friends. I saved them and as a consequence my new callsign became
save later -save- and now =save= in
warbirds. Unfortunately I havent been flying much here in AH, but save is my callsign here.
My ammo last for 6 Lancasters, or one Yak3.
"And the Yak 3 ,aka the "flying Yamato"..."
-Caldera

Offline FDisk

• Copper Member
« Reply #122 on: March 22, 2002, 11:03:01 AM »
*sigh*

Where did you dig this one up?

ok, FDisk come from about 15 years back when me and 3 friends started using DOS and we thought we where cool and each picked a utility.

Roo455 in the arena
"Roo" came from Kanga and roo in winnie the pooh. My cousin's 4 year ols had a winnie the pooh game that we still play (she's 5 now) the 455 is my street address. I moved to toronto and that's why it changed from Roo2104

Offline Raubvogel

• Gold Member
« Reply #123 on: March 22, 2002, 11:03:38 AM »
Hmm..thought I did this already.....

Raubvogel.....German for "Robbery Bird"....its a general salamander of a bird that flies around stealing other birds' food and blindsiding defenseless animals.

Offline Wlfgng

• Platinum Member
      • http://www.nick-tucker.com
« Reply #124 on: March 22, 2002, 11:09:49 AM »
I liked the name.. it's my drummer, or was.
and I dig German prop planes.

Offline Furious

• Gold Member
« Reply #125 on: March 22, 2002, 11:10:52 AM »
This thread is really pissing me off!!

I have poor temper control.  What some would see as a character flaw, I wear as a badge of pride.

F.

Offline loser

• Silver Member
« Reply #126 on: March 22, 2002, 11:41:10 AM »
well..... let me see here.  

being at that bar star and catting age, i loath the guys who attempt to swoon the ladies with their stories of granduer and the "yeah i pretty much rock and my whatever is soo big" attitude.

myself i use the "im a total tard idiot" approach. I cant count the number of times some girl has said "you seem pretty nice..." and i just blurt out: "wow you are a poor judge of character, im actually a total loser" works every time ;)

long and slightly ironic explanation aside, i was trying to think of a callsign after more than a dozen beer when i signed up. "loser111" it was.

I actually wanted to use my nick from a certain first person shooter game but "BigdaddyWeenuts" was too long. :D

Offline dfl8rms

• Copper Member
« Reply #127 on: March 22, 2002, 12:09:07 PM »
Original AH squad formed by Swruchn and "thetick" was "civic minded 5 - 3",  When I joined kept the "Tick" theme and went with:

Die Fledermaus-  The avant-gard of super-heroeness, he's more of a passive crime-fighter, opting to point the direction of the villians to the City's fine police.  Die Fledermaus is German for "The Bat", and he certainly lives up to his 'creature of the night' image.  He's got a real boss utility belt, too!

Squad grew so we formed the "Flying Whirlpool of Suck" -- a spin on a phrase one of our senior leadership team used in a financial presentation:  Always good to have a senior company representative say things like "whirlpool of suck" while talking about financial items. :D

Offline TheTick

• Zinc Member
« Reply #128 on: March 22, 2002, 12:17:27 PM »
Hey dfl8rms!

Let's see...I chose mine in 1995, after becoming a fanatical follower of the then-new FoxAnimation series "The Tick".

So, why did I chose to fly with that name?

Like I said, it was 1995, and I was on the "Confirmed Kill" open beta (ah...the times we had...but I digress).  IIRC, the CK limit was four characters, so I chose "Tick".  It's stuck ever since.

What...you expected more?  It's a freakin callsign.  It don't get more exciting than this!

:p

Offline Biggles

• Copper Member
      • Muzak
« Reply #129 on: March 22, 2002, 12:40:16 PM »
My call sign is AlgyFT (the FT is for the original Flying Tigers, the squad I'm in). I got the Algy part from the series of Biggles books by the British author, W.E. Johns. I have 76 of the books, and am just a few titles short of having the entire collection. I started collecting them when I lived over in England. Here is a very good web site dedicated to W.E. Johns and Biggles. Worth a look!

http://www.penrithcity.nsw.gov.au/usrpages/collect/captain.htm

Now, if we could only get a Ginger, Bertie, Biggles, and Von Stalhein in AH we'd have the whole gang!
« Last Edit: March 22, 2002, 02:16:09 PM by Biggles »

Offline w00lie

• Zinc Member
« Reply #130 on: March 22, 2002, 01:08:45 PM »
Mine is from my last name
Todd Woolever

aka w00lie

Offline Kronos

• Nickel Member
« Reply #131 on: March 22, 2002, 01:10:08 PM »
Kronos    ....    

I was card-- in warbirds cause it was my first online sim and i was typing my password in the gameID block....  pretty stupid.

So when I switched over to Aces High I wanted something a little better.  Kronos is known for many things.

Q'onos - Klingon homeworld
Cronos - Greek mythological figure
Kronos(sp?)  - The bear that keeps time in the cartoon "Johnny Bravo"

Well, I watch Star Trek, have been a fan of Greek mythology since I was a kid, and how else would I know that stupid bear???:rolleyes:

Although recently around work I've been known by the nickname "Tex".   Seems on one of my last TDY's I got drunk in the enlisted club during country night and started singing "All my ex's live in Texas" at the top of my lungs.  For about 45 minutes.

And I hate country music.

Offline Vector

• Nickel Member
« Reply #132 on: March 22, 2002, 01:26:25 PM »
Carrier Transicold :)

Offline Flossy

• Aces High CM Staff (Retired)
  • Plutonium Member
      • Flossy's Website
Florence & Zebedee!
« Reply #133 on: March 22, 2002, 01:26:28 PM »
Well, I was originally Flos in Air Warrior when I first started playing there nearly 4 years ago.  We were restricted to 5 characters and I first tried for Floss, but it was already taken.   Floss was supposed to be short for the handle I had chosen of Florence;  I didn't particularly want Flo as it reminded me of the buxom cartoon wife of Andy Capp, with her arms folded and holding a rolling-pin!  Not the sort of image I wanted!  :)  I tried Flos and that was accepted.  

I had chosen Florence as a handle because I wanted something associated with my husband's handle of Zebedee (Zeb for short).  Zebedee was a character from a 70's cult cartoon series here in the UK called "The Magic Roundabout"  - a five-minute program which used to be aired immediately before the early evening news, guaranteeing a big audience.... so popular was it, that people would stop what they were doing to watch it.  Zebedee bounced around on a large spring, being the lower half of his body, announcing to everyone that it was "time for bed".  My husband chose this name, partly because of the way he kept "bouncing back" to Air Warrior (he used to be Rusty) and also because of the way he landed one of his favourite rides, the P38 - always bouncing several times down the runway.

I had been watching Zeb play for about 6 months before starting my own account, and Flos was born.  In Aces High, I was Flos when I first tried the game, but of course it was unavailable when I returned nearly a year ago.... I could have asked for it back, but by then was often referring to myself as Flossy anyway, so decided to use Flossy instead and have been Flossy ever since.  :)

« Last Edit: March 22, 2002, 01:54:36 PM by Flossy »
Flossy {The Few}
Female Flying For Fun

Offline Vector

• Nickel Member
« Reply #134 on: March 22, 2002, 01:33:18 PM »
Originally posted by Kronos
Kronos(sp?)  

Oh, you can't spell your handle? :D