Author Topic: Where did you get your call sign?  (Read 14753 times)

Offline darkzking

• Persona Non Grata
  • Nickel Member
raynos32 Leader of the 242nd Sloppy Terminators
https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/software-download/windows10/
See Rule #4

Offline 1ijac

• Silver Member
Re: Where did you get your call sign?
« Reply #226 on: February 04, 2015, 12:13:09 PM »
Handle:  1ijac = one eye jack     Nicknames:  1i (one-eye), Jac                        :lol  Misinterpreted Nicknames:   LiL Jac,  Lilac,  Lijac  

I took this handle back around 20+ years ago in Air Warrior.   A relative flew corsairs in the WWII pacific theater.   His squadron art was a one-eyed pirate with a blade in his teeth.   They used to call sailors on old English ships Jacks.   I just put the name together.  

one-eye    
"One-Eye"

Offline mikev

• Nickel Member
« Reply #227 on: February 04, 2015, 02:11:15 PM »
 Well my call sign was an easy one. I downloaded the game and played offline for about 2 or 3 weeks to see if i could shoot down all the planes flying in the circle. back then i had just a mouse and had no idea what a stick was or how to use it. after 3 weeks i of trying i knew  when i started playing against you guys, I knew it had to be MAGIC if i shot down any of you guys. that was back in May 2014. now its February 2015.  the first time i flew i of course run into 1 of the better pilots Doc4  who quickly made sure i lived up to my name. I have had my share of frustration in this game but I am not a quitter as you all will find out someday, when you will be the MAGIC kill.
1 Of these days you will regret shooting me down.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_R4qb6_RPUc

Offline darkzking

• Persona Non Grata
  • Nickel Member
« Reply #228 on: February 04, 2015, 02:15:35 PM »
Well my call sign was an easy one. I downloaded the game and played offline for about 2 or 3 weeks to see if i could shoot down all the planes flying in the circle. back then i had just a mouse and had no idea what a stick was or how to use it. after 3 weeks i of trying i knew  when i started playing against you guys, I knew it had to be MAGIC if i shot down any of you guys. that was back in May 2014. now its February 2015.  the first time i flew i of course run into 1 of the better pilots Doc4  who quickly made sure i lived up to my name. I have had my share of frustration in this game but I am not a quitter as you all will find out someday, when you will be the MAGIC kill.

Please FOR THE LOVE OF ACES HIGH MAKE ME ONE OF YOUR MAGIC KILLS  :salute :x :cheers: :airplane:
See Rule #4

Offline mactak

• Zinc Member
« Reply #229 on: February 04, 2015, 04:54:43 PM »
Had it as a nickname since the 70's. Played basketball and my teammates called me McAdoo after Bob McAdoo of the NBA.
McAdoo McAdoo

Offline USRanger

• AvA Staff Member
  • Plutonium Member
      • BoP Home
« Reply #230 on: February 04, 2015, 09:26:11 PM »

that plane flying backwards?

Yes it is.  We are that hooah.
Axis vs Allies Staff Member
☩ JG11 Sonderstaffel ☩
Flying 'Black[Death] 10' ☩JG11☩

Only the Proud, Only the Strong Ne Desit Virtus

Offline stealth

• Silver Member
« Reply #231 on: February 05, 2015, 03:26:44 AM »
First I was 88333, then I was Killer88, then I was SkyKing because I needed to fake being some 17 year old kid from Texas because some people in my squad didn't like me but the CO said I just had to re-prove myself, but until then I had to play spy. Then I went to STEALTH, simply because well uhh because she never noticed me, if you catch my drift. So yeah... that and I kept picking off players who were AFK on climb out.
My Email is ACalex88@gmail.com if you want to contact me

"I shall fear no evil, for I am 80,000 feet and climbing"

Offline Packrat

• Zinc Member
« Reply #232 on: February 05, 2015, 09:49:38 AM »
Wife says I'm a Packrat and it stuck go figure.

Offline glzsqd

• Persona Non Grata
  • Silver Member
« Reply #233 on: February 05, 2015, 10:21:15 AM »
My call sign should be "Jizznastics".  Sadly it doesn't fit.
See Rule #4

Offline tmetal

• Gold Member
« Reply #234 on: February 05, 2015, 10:50:20 AM »
The real problem is anyone should feel like they can come to this forum and make a wish without being treated in a derogatory manner.  The only discussion should be centered around whether it would work, or how it would work and so on always in a respectful manner.

-Skuzzy 5/18/17

Offline R 105

• Silver Member
« Reply #235 on: February 05, 2015, 11:01:30 AM »
I took over the game from my daughter's boy friend when he enlisted in the Army. He had it on our home computer because he was always at our house. So I ended up R-105 and I don't even know what it means but it has something to do with German metal music I was told.  :headscratch:

Offline Slate

• Gold Member
« Reply #236 on: February 05, 2015, 11:15:01 AM »
I took over the game from my daughter's boy friend when he enlisted in the Army. He had it on our home computer because he was always at our house. So I ended up R-105 and I don't even know what it means but it has something to do with German metal music I was told.  :headscratch:

I have a better story for ya.... :D

R-105M
 R-105, R-105D, R-105M
 The most common of all the Russian radios to be found all over the world, is the R-105 family of backpack radios. The radio is rather primitive by anybody's standards, it is not easy to use, nor does it have any saving graces save one, "If you fire one up, it usually works". First introduced in the early 1950's, it was revamped in the 1960's to use more modern materials ( D models ), and again in the 1970's ( M models ). It has been referred to by many as a slightly updated copy of captured WW-II German sets and many of it's characteristics, and accessories will show this lineage.
I always wanted to fight an impossible battle against incredible odds.

Offline Latrobe

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #237 on: February 05, 2015, 02:58:06 PM »
My name has a rather dumb and boring story to it. I was trying to think of a good name to use. I looked around the room for inspiration. I saw a Rolling Rock bottle and the word "Latrobe". I said "That'll do".  :)

Offline darkzking

• Persona Non Grata
  • Nickel Member
« Reply #238 on: February 05, 2015, 03:00:23 PM »
My name has a rather dumb and boring story to it. I was trying to think of a good name to use. I looked around the room for inspiration. I saw a Rolling Rock bottle and the word "Latrobe". I said "That'll do".  :)

Dang Latrobe that story was deep :o
See Rule #4

Offline Dragon Tamer

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
« Reply #239 on: February 05, 2015, 03:35:34 PM »

And then there's your new name, which I still can't believe you were so willing to adopt. You not only did that but you even got into character!  :rofl

I got my forum name from the nickname I was given in high school. It didn't fit the AH 8 character limit so I came up with something better. Player1... sad thing is it took me 15 minutes to come up with it...  :uhoh