Author Topic: Ignorance  (Read 550 times)

Offline Ripsnort

• Radioactive Member
Ignorance
« Reply #15 on: August 07, 2000, 01:31:00 PM »

Originally posted by RAM:
...I have had any and all accidents you can imagine on a non-stoppable baby, some of them could have really had dramatic consequences...

That explains alot about you Ram! Just kidding!  

1776: You are correct bout W.S. CPS, sad part is, everytime they get sued, and lose, we, the tax-payers lose too, its our money. :/

Offline leonid

• Copper Member
Ignorance
« Reply #16 on: August 07, 2000, 01:35:00 PM »
Rip, I get shot down straight and level a lot.  It's usually when I'm away tending to my 6 month old  

------------------
leonid, Kompol
5 GIAP VVS-KA, Knights

"Our cause is just.  The enemy will be crushed.  Victory will be ours."
ingame: Raz

Offline Dinger

• Silver Member
Ignorance
« Reply #17 on: August 07, 2000, 01:37:00 PM »
<<--proud bearer of almost unrecognizable dent in forehead from when, at age 2, his pram departed controlled operation, necessitating 3 noggin stitches.

-towd_

Ignorance
« Reply #18 on: August 07, 2000, 02:30:00 PM »
one day i was at a ex girlfreinds crappy neibor hood apt and the kid comes to the door and says he is scared to go home . turns out stap daddy idea of punishment is to make the 7 year old ( you would be proud to have him ) kid was havin to kneel on uncooked rice for punishment ( ahh laa viet kong) his knees were a mass of blood i called the cops and child peotective services ( did not go shoot the sorry son of a squeak) in 20 min dude was gone . cops took the long way to the jail with him i hope. the boys real daddy was a nice guy and had no idea of the situation. boy ended up with his real dady ( still check on him hes 13 now) this is one situation where being guilty till proven inocent is cool with me.

Offline Karnak

• Radioactive Member
Ignorance
« Reply #19 on: August 07, 2000, 02:45:00 PM »
S! -towd-

Good thing that he had a neihbor to turn to that had the moral courage to get involved in what is so often considered a private matter in our society.  Child abusers are the lowest scum there are .

Sisu
-Karnak
Petals floating by,
      Drift through my woman's hand,
             As she remembers me-

Offline Ripsnort

• Radioactive Member
Ignorance
« Reply #20 on: August 07, 2000, 02:53:00 PM »
Thanks for the stories, guys, I will be better prepared the inevitable 'next time'...ya know, I've had a gun pulled on me 3 times, been shot at once, beat up guys twice my size, been beat up by guys half my size, but I have never felt as much fear as I did when I saw the blood all over the face of my youngest !! Just hearing your stories makes me feel alot better!

Offline -ammo-

• Platinum Member
Ignorance
« Reply #21 on: August 07, 2000, 03:33:00 PM »
Rip, I got 3 boys, ages 4,5, and 7. My middle child would've just dented or broke the end table Hard headed little boy

ammo
Commanding Officer, 56 Fighter Group
Retired USAF - 1988 - 2011

Offline Ripsnort

• Radioactive Member
Ignorance
« Reply #22 on: August 07, 2000, 03:35:00 PM »
ROTFLOL Ammo! <S>

Offline CavemanJ

• Silver Member
Ignorance
« Reply #23 on: August 07, 2000, 04:02:00 PM »

Originally posted by Ripsnort:
Thanks for the stories, guys, I will be better prepared the inevitable 'next time'...ya know, I've had a gun pulled on me 3 times, been shot at once, beat up guys twice my size, been beat up by guys half my size, but I have never felt as much fear as I did when I saw the blood all over the face of my youngest !! Just hearing your stories makes me feel alot better!

Rip I reckon almost all parents carry that same fear with them til the day die.  Our kids'll grow up, but they'll always be our 'babies'.  I think the trick is to not let it paralyze ya into AFTER they're tended to    (easier said than done sometimes, I know)

Offline gospel

• Zinc Member
      • http://http://www.ropescourse.org/flying.htm
Ignorance
« Reply #24 on: August 07, 2000, 05:27:00 PM »
Wow!  Was Mom home at the time?  When my kids cry, it's not Daddy they want, but MOMMY, of course   .  My wife's a nurse too, she fixes owwees, dad just fixes cars and stuff   .

I am reading this bbs while at work.
Maybe I should call home to just to make sure my kids are ok   .

I've two girls, they seem to be a litle less prone to those accidents, at least so far (crosses fingers). But just hearing about all those accidents makes me cringe :0 .

[This message has been edited by gospel (edited 08-07-2000).]

dbcooper

Ignorance
« Reply #25 on: August 07, 2000, 05:29:00 PM »
   Glad the little guys ok rip. Could'nt been me that got ya straight and level i'd a missed. But i'll fly straight and level for ya so you can get that kill back.....On second thought maybe i'll try some evasives i'll make it easier.  

edog

Ignorance
« Reply #26 on: August 07, 2000, 05:38:00 PM »
Glad to hear he's ok, Rip. I've got a 4 year old myself, and constantly worry about his antics-

edog

Offline StSanta

• Gold Member
Ignorance
« Reply #27 on: August 07, 2000, 06:06:00 PM »
Heh, worrying til you die?

EEEK.

<Writes down yet another reason why not to get amrried and have children>

Am I a terrible egoist or what?

Case in point; when I was about 5, I found thse big chunks of metal attached to an old car wreck. Managed to bend them loose, but cut myself quite a bit while doing so. Then I carried them to the road going through the very small town I lived on, and laind them there, on the tracks.

To my amazement, and irritation, cars avoided them somehow. Each and everyone! Now, I thought the odds for that were prety low, so I stuck my head out a little too much to see what was going on. One lady saw me, started yelling and complaining to me and ordered me to "come out of the bushes". So I did, with blood streaming down my arms.

Then that lady became very plane, very friendly and asked me where my parents were. Told me *not* to do the metal thing ever again, and took me to my parents.

Father the usual stoic calm - one look "no, does not require stitches. It requires cleaning with the stuff in this bottle here".

And that was *not* fun. Sure taught me a lesson though; do not cut yourself while ripping chunks of metal off cars  

------------------
StSanta
JG54 "Grünherz"
"If you died a stones throw from your wingie; you did no wrong". - Hangtime

Offline wolf37

• Copper Member
Ignorance
« Reply #28 on: August 07, 2000, 06:34:00 PM »
hi all:

Rip, glad to hear all is well.

1776, try been a cop for one day and see what they go through, my father was a cop and I have two brothers that are cops. And when it comes to perants that abuse there childern, they have lots of excuses as to why it is not there fault. Remember, abusive perants to jump up and say yes i did that, they try to hide the truth and the police have to investigate. Yes the perants that have done no wrong get investigated as well, but it is better then the alternative. And that is where childern are abused and nothing is done till it is to late.

wolf37
C.O.
THUNDER BIRDS

Offline RAM

• Parolee
  • Zinc Member
Ignorance
« Reply #29 on: August 07, 2000, 06:44:00 PM »
LOL Satan...you started your "devil" actions that soon?

Guess you needed more practice to be a better (worse  ) Satan when you grew.

I see you did it fine