Author Topic: WB a furball paradise??  (Read 3254 times)

Offline Creamo

• Parolee
  • Platinum Member
      • http://www.fatchicksinpartyhats.com
WB a furball paradise??
« Reply #75 on: August 12, 2003, 02:50:57 PM »
I said I would not goof on you again. I'm not, just saying what you sound like and have become.

Your the one that claims sobriety but sounds all belligerent with your insistent weird gameplay cause posts. Not sure if I was drunk and sounded so stupid would be better or worse.

Don’t matter. Every time you yank about toolsheds and gameplay in the General Forum, well, it’s been discussed what you are perceived as.

Have fun.

Offline Rude

• Platinum Member
WB a furball paradise??
« Reply #76 on: August 12, 2003, 03:14:58 PM »
Originally posted by Mini D
I don't see them here pissing an whining about everyone else ruining their fun rude.  Maybe if they were complaining about everyone around them, I'd suggest that they get away from a situation where people are around them too.

Seems to me they are a tad bit better at knowing that the vehicles are a part of the game, not the only thing in the game.

Carry on.

MiniD

What you may or may not know is this....I'm not new to this type of game....been doin it along time. Seen alot as you may have also.

I fail to see why me asking for tweaks which would allow me to enjoy myself in any way threatens you or others like you....you guys jump in with this, no....there can be no other way than ours, attitude and it is to that that I find the need to repeat myself.

I have never once wanted anything added or changed that would prohibit the gamplay of anyone else.

Seems not too long ago that the strat guys asked for changes to be made...posted there ideas and concerns and guess what? They got their new toys. Now, thru the advent of these new enhancements, issues have arisen which hinder the gameplay of those of us from a different camp....specifically, the porking of fuel relative to the effort to re-supply that same fuel.

I believe someone here said that to cure the actions of one single flight by a hvy fighter, we must now take 10 rides ina c47 to restore the loss....you good with that?

Middle ground is what is needed here...just seems that no one is willing to explore what would bring us there. It's like, hey man...I'm havin fun and the game is great for the way I play it, so take a hike.

Well, I'll leave when I decide to leave...you or anyone elses mandates won't be relative. Dale knows all to well how this little world of ours plays out....to date, I have followed his efforts because he produced the best....I see no reason to believe that his next effort will not provide more of the same. However, if it falls short for me personally, then I'll make a choice much like I did when I started playing these games back in awdos.

It's not the end of the world, but it is a game which I have enjoyed for many years....it is because of that enjoyment that I have struggled to keep what part of the game I myself have enjoyed the most, that being air to air combat.

Last night, I looked at the map and everywhere you looked, each country was milkrunnin empty bases with huge hordes of players....no fights, just grabbin undefended land. Now if this is the future of AH, then my future lies chasin the white ball.:)

I've said enough....it's clear to me that my notions are secondary to that small minority that inhabits these boards....this whole thing has been one giant exercise in futility.

You win....in the meantime, I wait for AH2.

Later!

Offline Ack-Ack

• Radioactive Member
      • FlameWarriors
WB a furball paradise??
« Reply #77 on: August 12, 2003, 03:21:00 PM »
Originally posted by jamusta
Am I the only one who loves to furball but at the same time loves to pork and vulch? Its even better to furball until it gets pushed over an enemy base so I can then begin to pork and vulch.

The best of both worlds.. Gosh I love this game.

I'm the same way too.  I love shooting down other planes just as much as I do dive bombing in a Stuka.

Ack-Ack
"If Jesus came back as an airplane, he would be a P-38." - WW2 P-38 pilot
Elite Top Aces +1 Mexican Official Squadron Song

Offline Nash

• Plutonium Member
      • http://sbm.boomzoom.org/
WB a furball paradise??
« Reply #78 on: August 12, 2003, 03:35:24 PM »
Originally posted by Rude
Now if this is the future of AH, then my future lies chasin the white ball.:)

I can think of volleyball, softball, golf, pong, the turn coordinator in a civ sim, and a drug reference I'm sure you have no idea of... I'm gonna guess golf.

Offline Westy

• Gold Member
WB a furball paradise??
« Reply #79 on: August 12, 2003, 03:39:55 PM »
"Seems to me the loudest whiners are the AH 'Beta Girlz..err Boyz'.  Ack-Ack"

While AH has always had smack talkers, trash spewers, HO dorks, and those who whined about HO dorks I'd have to say that prior to the huge influx of players from AW the AH players didn't have the now all too common suicide bombing and high-speed P-51 base/fuel porkers.

A lot of factors go into why AH gameplay is where it's at lately. The AW players are not the only reason but they are just one, if not the, biggest imo.

BigPORK.   It got that name for many reasons.

Regardless. It's time to figure how to fix it or where to go if the majority don't thing things are "broke."

Westy

Offline Rutilant

• Silver Member
WB a furball paradise??
« Reply #80 on: August 12, 2003, 03:55:30 PM »
Woohoo! it's all AW's fault! :D

Offline NoBaddy

• Gold Member
      • http://www.damned.org
WB a furball paradise??
« Reply #81 on: August 12, 2003, 04:19:56 PM »
Originally posted by Rutilant
Woohoo! it's all AW's fault! :D

Rutt...

There is some validity to what Westy is saying. The suicide mentality that is in the MA these days was no where near as prevelant prior to the influx of ex AWers. Guess what? I'm an ex AWer. Played for 12 years. Was a contract empolyee of Kesmai for 6 of those. I left about 9 months before they shut the doors. I left for personal reasons (buy me a 6 pack and I'll tell yah about it sometime :D).

The point is that after years of seeing the suicide pork dweebs in AW, it was refreshing to come here. A place where accomplishing the mission and surviving seemed to go hand in hand. Hell, I never saw a bish suicide tiffy raid before the closing of AW (you know..20 tiffies at 20k...porked base...no survivors  hehe).

Truth is that it isn't the fault of AW or AH. It is simply the gamer mentality of some players. I know from experience that attempts to force a different style of play will too often impact the game in unforseen negative ways. Hence, I accept suicide dweebs and move on :).
NoBaddy (NB)

Flying since before there was virtual durt!!
"Ego is the anesthetic that dulls the pain of stupidity."

Offline Rude

• Platinum Member
WB a furball paradise??
« Reply #82 on: August 12, 2003, 04:35:01 PM »
Originally posted by Nash
I can think of volleyball, softball, golf, pong, the turn coordinator in a civ sim, and a drug reference I'm sure you have no idea of... I'm gonna guess golf.

You guessed correctly....unlike my skills in this game, I can walk on a golf course after years of absence, and still shoot in the mid 80's.

Of course my wife might have something to say about being gone all those hours:)

Offline Rude

• Platinum Member
WB a furball paradise??
« Reply #83 on: August 12, 2003, 04:38:49 PM »
Originally posted by NoBaddy
Rutt...

There is some validity to what Westy is saying. The suicide mentality that is in the MA these days was no where near as prevelant prior to the influx of ex AWers. Guess what? I'm an ex AWer. Played for 12 years. Was a contract empolyee of Kesmai for 6 of those. I left about 9 months before they shut the doors. I left for personal reasons (buy me a 6 pack and I'll tell yah about it sometime :D).

The point is that after years of seeing the suicide pork dweebs in AW, it was refreshing to come here. A place where accomplishing the mission and surviving seemed to go hand in hand. Hell, I never saw a bish suicide tiffy raid before the closing of AW (you know..20 tiffies at 20k...porked base...no survivors  hehe).

Truth is that it isn't the fault of AW or AH. It is simply the gamer mentality of some players. I know from experience that attempts to force a different style of play will too often impact the game in unforseen negative ways. Hence, I accept suicide dweebs and move on :).

Heyas NB:)

I just want to say that I love you all....especially creamo as evidenced by my call to his local Health and Human Resources office.....hang in there man....professional help is on it's way.:)

Offline midnight Target

• Plutonium Member
WB a furball paradise??
« Reply #84 on: August 12, 2003, 04:42:21 PM »
Originally posted by Rude
You guessed correctly....unlike my skills in this game, I can walk on a golf course after years of absence, and still shoot in the mid 80's.

If this is true... I have decided to hate you

that is all!

Offline jamusta

• Silver Member
WB a furball paradise??
« Reply #85 on: August 12, 2003, 04:50:03 PM »
I saw AKAK in a panzr... I was SHOCKED SHOCKED I say. But anyways I can see where both side are coming from. The fact is while there maybe a great furball in the area people from both sides are going to try and end it. How it ruins the fun is when someone porks the fuel along the whole front line. So you can always try to do what I do and take out there ammo bunkers and barracks. Taking out fuel without bombs takes a little more time. I will attemp to take out the fuel at the base that is the immediate threat although I will not run from a fight to get there.

Offline Rude

• Platinum Member
WB a furball paradise??
« Reply #86 on: August 12, 2003, 05:00:26 PM »
Originally posted by midnight Target
If this is true... I have decided to hate you

that is all!

Don't hate me because I'm beauti....wait a minute....that's not right.

Mid 80's is not difficult for me....turning that corner tho requires 2-3 times a week for several months....even then, I have to play regularily to maintain.

I bet I know what the problem is with your game....you took lessons and try to take a text book swing. I bet I could take 5 strokes off your game with an hours instruction.

My first time on a golf course I shot a 98....wasn't a month before I was in the 80's....then it happened. I took lessons.

That alone screwed my game up terribly. Golf is 60% mental and the rest is done with the bod. I stood over the ball with 20 thoughts racing thru my head....it sucked.

The best thing to do is to allow your body to swing the club naturally...forget about what your pro told you. Grip is vital, the rest your body has to do naturally.

I could go on and on...I'll spare you:)

Offline midnight Target

• Plutonium Member
WB a furball paradise??
« Reply #87 on: August 12, 2003, 05:56:27 PM »
blatant highjack.....

Actually I never had a lesson in my life, but I also play very seldom (2x this year). I shoot mid to high 90's. Time and money, time and money.

I played with a buddy (a very good golfer) on Friday up in Portland, and he told me I had a very good swing. Broke 100 with his old clubs. :)

Offline Ack-Ack

• Radioactive Member
      • FlameWarriors
WB a furball paradise??
« Reply #88 on: August 12, 2003, 06:07:06 PM »
Originally posted by jamusta
I saw AKAK in a panzr... I was SHOCKED SHOCKED I say.  

Which just goes to show that if I can get outside of my P-38 once in awhile and enjoy some of the other parts of the game, it shouldn't be hard for others to do the same.  Unless they just like to whine, which I'm sure that a certain few like to do here, since that's all they seem to do.  

ack-ack

Offline Ack-Ack

• Radioactive Member
      • FlameWarriors
WB a furball paradise??
« Reply #89 on: August 12, 2003, 06:11:00 PM »
Originally posted by NoBaddy
Rutt...

There is some validity to what Westy is saying. The suicide mentality that is in the MA these days was no where near as prevelant prior to the influx of ex AWers.

Personally, I didn't see the Pork 'N' Auger runs in AH until I had witnessed a Fariz led mission where almost an entire flight of Typhoons porked and augered the field I just took off from.  I have though noticed a decline in decent fights since I've started AH (started on that tail end of v.1.07).  At least to me, the decline started when HT started that shoot-out competition.  Ever since then the quality level has seemed to decline.  That I attribute to the 'gamer' mentality more than towards anyone from another game.

Ack-Ack