Author Topic: LOL This is so funny!  (Read 566 times)

Offline Apache

• Silver Member
LOL This is so funny!
« Reply #15 on: August 08, 2000, 03:44:00 PM »
lol Tac. Musta been a fluke. Bigjim finally got him when he was warping all over the place. I asked him who it was and he said Maximus.

Ya know what is weird, everytime he warped, it was to my 6. Strange indeed. Guess I was just overshootin'

------------------
Apache
=XO= VMF-323 Death Rattlers
VMF 323 Death Rattlers Web Site

[This message has been edited by Apache (edited 08-08-2000).]

Offline Fishu

• Gold Member
LOL This is so funny!
« Reply #16 on: August 08, 2000, 05:51:00 PM »

Originally posted by AKDejaVu:

As for the wingless flying... if people here haven't seen what happens when a 26 loses their outer wingtips then they haven't played enough.  26's fly straight and level just fine with wingtips gone.

F4u-1c is *excellent* in doing that, I have killed a panzer without wingtips and landed  

Not to forget those F4u, B26 and Fw190s I've seen limping back home without wingtips  

[This message has been edited by Fishu (edited 08-08-2000).]

Offline Jigster

• Copper Member
      • http://www.33rd.org
LOL This is so funny!
« Reply #17 on: August 08, 2000, 06:25:00 PM »

Originally posted by RAM:

Ok you said it all about B17s and their "defensive" weapons...Those lasers are the reason because YOU dived on a fighter. In a realistic environment (I.E. Realistic guns on the buffs) you'd had prayed for the 109 to go, let alone DIVE on it like you were a damned fighter!

Ackstar Turbolazers SUCK!

[This message has been edited by RAM (edited 08-08-2000).]

Kinda off topic...but

RAM, have you ever read the story on "How the flying Porcuipine got it's name" ?

I think if one single Short Sunderland can take down 4 or 5 Ju88C's, and damage two more beyond repair with ONLY .303 guns and preforming the only the "corkscrew" defensive manuver...

I'll dig for an online copy, otherwise I'll type it out...tis a very good account of lone buff vs multi-direction fighter attack  

I think the biggest problem with USAAF gun crews was lack of training...very little was given in how to lead the plane because of the plane's own speed, and the difficulty of hitting a plane as small as a 109 or Fw-190...like pilots, most of the people in AH have far more gunnery practice then their real-life counterparts.

Oh well.

- Jig
-------
"How could you miss? I met eye to eye with that Messerschmit pilot! Hell I think I even saw him grinning!." -- Kevin C. Bacon (who recently passed away   ) 8th AF B-17 pilot.

"Well, I pointed, I fired, and my bullets just never connected. Only a few seconds to fire anyway." -- 'Mack' Jones, flight engineer and upper-turrent gunner.

funked

LOL This is so funny!
« Reply #18 on: August 08, 2000, 08:17:00 PM »
The wingless planes are not a cheat, they are a result of connection problems.  Sounds like you need a new ISP buddy!

Offline RAM

• Parolee
  • Zinc Member
LOL This is so funny!
« Reply #19 on: August 09, 2000, 07:32:00 AM »

Originally posted by Jigster:
Kinda off topic...but

RAM, have you ever read the story on "How the flying Porcuipine got it's name" ?

I think if one single Short Sunderland can take down 4 or 5 Ju88C's, and damage two more beyond repair with ONLY .303 guns and preforming the only the "corkscrew" defensive manuver...

I'll dig for an online copy, otherwise I'll type it out...tis a very good account of lone buff vs multi-direction fighter attack  

I think the biggest problem with USAAF gun crews was lack of training...very little was given in how to lead the plane because of the plane's own speed, and the difficulty of hitting a plane as small as a 109 or Fw-190...like pilots, most of the people in AH have far more gunnery practice then their real-life counterparts.

Oh well.

- Jig
-------
"How could you miss? I met eye to eye with that Messerschmit pilot! Hell I think I even saw him grinning!." -- Kevin C. Bacon (who recently passed away   ) 8th AF B-17 pilot.

"Well, I pointed, I fired, and my bullets just never connected. Only a few seconds to fire anyway." -- 'Mack' Jones, flight engineer and upper-turrent gunner.

You are telling me nothing about my topic. I ask WHY a bomber dives on a fighter to fight it when in a realistic environment it should RUN AWAY AS FAST AS HE COULD.

Answer? Lazer guns. Plain and simple. Those concentrated turbolasers make akstarring a SO easy thing that a in a 109G-B17 contest the cat is the B17 and the mouse is the 109G. The world upside down. Ridiculous. Stupid. And unbeliable.

About your comment on the Sunderland...that was an act of exceptional performance, incredible quality of the crew...
and enless tons of good luck. IF you reas the story (I first knew about it by a book by Ivan Southall) it tells how was the plane after the attack. It was simply incredible it was still in the air.

BUT...the Sunderland was in the defensive. If he had seen a low Ju88 I am sure he wont have dived on it to kill it but RUN LIKE HELL hoping the Ju didnt follow.

In AH the sunderland would have dived on the Ju.
And that says it all.
---------------------------------

Toad:

I wont mess in another Hispano discussion as I have had enough about it in previous threads. I will only tell you that I use 30mm on G10 last days and over 150 yards is plain and simple useless. ANd that the hispanos are one ping wonders...one ping of hispano and you are already looking the damage list.

I dont know if it is realistic (I'm pretty sure it isnt but OK)...my argument is that with that kind of weapons the F4UC can be used as a HO machine all day long, with few chances of dyin (as most people refuse a HO with a F4U and if you put a ping on the avoinding HO pilot, he's gone).

I dont call that kind of flying "pilot skills" I call it "dweeb incompetents".

Of course there are lots of impressive sticks riding F4UC...but my point is that there are also a LOT of dweebs on them.

maximus13

LOL This is so funny!
« Reply #20 on: August 09, 2000, 09:20:00 AM »
Ok my connection doesnt suck guys, On all my other on line games, I get very good ping. My beacon never goes Yellow or ReD, I have only expireince warping 3 times in a month. I get very fast DL's all the time.  I have Cable. Not that 28k crap like most of u have.  And anout the "WIngless" B-17, it wasnt WIGNLESS, just wign tip less. LOL. Stop saying it's a bug ect

Offline Kieren

• Zinc Member
LOL This is so funny!
« Reply #21 on: August 09, 2000, 09:40:00 AM »
...a proud father goes to a football game to see his daughter perform with the school's dance troop at halftime. He spends the first half loudly bragging to the people around him how good his daughter will be, and how she obviously has a real future in the entertainment industry. Halftime finally comes, and the crowd hushes as the dancers take the field.

Things seem to go well, except for this one girl from the crowd who seemingly had jumped into the middle of the dancers. She was dressed like a dancer, but didn't seem to know any of the steps or routines. The crowd held its breath, waiting for security to come take the girl away. Before that could happen the routine was over, and the dancers left the field. The crowd gave a smattering of polite applause, and murmured amongst themselves about the crazy little girl out there.

Just then the loud man says aloud "Can you believe it? My daughter was the only one to get the dance right!"

[This message has been edited by Kieren (edited 08-09-2000).]

Offline Wilbus

• Platinum Member
LOL This is so funny!
« Reply #22 on: August 09, 2000, 11:28:00 AM »
Actually Maximus, cable/direct connection doesn't help you very much in online games such as AH.
You ARE very warpy, I have noticed it several times.
Personally i have turned down my 56k modem connection to 19.2k connection to get a better connection to AH, and indeed, I have.
Online sims AH/WB/WWIIonline are made to use 9600 as the slowest connection, 19.2 is probarly the best if you use a modem since everything above 19.2 actually makes it worse.
Unless you have a good/proparly configured cable connection.
I've heard about some guys who have turned down their cable speed to get a better connection aswell.

Cable is better when you play dweeb games as quake and such cause they are programmed that way.
Fast download times does not in any way mean that you have good connection to AH servers, try to ping HTC and you'll see how good (bad) it is.

Wilbus
Rasmus "Wilbus" Mattsson

Liberating Livestock since 1998, recently returned from a 5 year Sheep-care training camp.

Offline Jigster

• Copper Member
LOL This is so funny!
« Reply #23 on: August 09, 2000, 10:14:00 PM »

Originally posted by RAM:

You are telling me nothing about my topic. I ask WHY a bomber dives on a fighter to fight it when in a realistic environment it should RUN AWAY AS FAST AS HE COULD.

Answer? Lazer guns. Plain and simple. Those concentrated turbolasers make akstarring a SO easy thing that a in a 109G-B17 contest the cat is the B17 and the mouse is the 109G. The world upside down. Ridiculous. Stupid. And unbeliable.

About your comment on the Sunderland...that was an act of exceptional performance, incredible quality of the crew...
and enless tons of good luck. IF you reas the story (I first knew about it by a book by Ivan Southall) it tells how was the plane after the attack. It was simply incredible it was still in the air.

BUT...the Sunderland was in the defensive. If he had seen a low Ju88 I am sure he wont have dived on it to kill it but RUN LIKE HELL hoping the Ju didnt follow.

In AH the sunderland would have dived on the Ju.
And that says it all.

Show me a Sunderland that can run  

I've read that story many a time, I suprised it even survived the landing with that many holes in the hull...and that any of the crew survived with half the crew wounded and a engine locked up.

And as for the buff guns, considering the hit % for the avg US gunner was under 5% because of the lack of training in leading, effects of the plane's own speed, and closure rate, it would seem rather difficult to compare to a sim that has compensation devices, multi-gun targeting, and gunners with many more hours of expirence.

Surely you noticed that this was a troll due to the rareness of such and event  

- Dork

-towd_

LOL This is so funny!
« Reply #24 on: August 10, 2000, 12:04:00 AM »
yea teach us southern boys about how to lead a target. hehe ask the yankeys if we know what leadin is. you ever shoot at a jackrabbit? germans easy after shooting rabbitw with a 22

Offline bashwolf

• Copper Member
      • http://www.fly.to/airwolves
LOL This is so funny!
« Reply #25 on: August 10, 2000, 01:22:00 AM »
(city boy talkign here)

off topic I went to several airshows.  Here they told me that the best gunners were from southern State (me from Northern State we dont point and shoot we just machine gun everything in our way those mafi boys had bad aim).  Southern State boys were practicing with rifle so they had good aim and learn a lot faster in gunnery school.

Ok btw minus is from Franace and i am very impress with his English so please no langauge (hook on phonics jokes)   other than I love you all  

Bash

Tailslide

LOL This is so funny!
« Reply #26 on: August 10, 2000, 01:46:00 AM »

If having a B17 dive on your fighter is a big threat this sounds like either a problem with the game itself or poor SA by the fighter pilot.

Can someone explain to me why this is bad etiquette? I don't play online (yet).

TS

Offline Wilbus

• Platinum Member
LOL This is so funny!
« Reply #27 on: August 10, 2000, 04:04:00 AM »
Nothing to do with the fighter pilot...

------------------
Rasmus "Wilbus" Mattsson
III/JG5 "EisMeer"
Rasmus "Wilbus" Mattsson

Liberating Livestock since 1998, recently returned from a 5 year Sheep-care training camp.

Offline Wilbus

• Platinum Member
LOL This is so funny!
« Reply #28 on: August 10, 2000, 04:05:00 AM »
How many B17's dove down 10k in 300Mph to be a part of a furrball?

------------------
Rasmus "Wilbus" Mattsson
III/JG5 "EisMeer"
Rasmus "Wilbus" Mattsson

Offline Jigster

• Copper Member
LOL This is so funny!
« Reply #29 on: August 10, 2000, 04:32:00 AM »

Originally posted by Wilbus:
How many B17's dove down 10k in 300Mph to be a part of a furrball?

Better question. If you knew that no harm would physically come to you for doing so, would you?

Hard to blame pilots for not being aggresive when they don't have to be. I mean, it was their life...  

- Jig
--------
"Never confuse what a plane could do with what it's pilot would not do!" -- Joe Eddelman (my flight instructor)