Author Topic: Had to put my cat under today  (Read 2106 times)

Offline Trikky

• Persona Non Grata
  • Nickel Member
Had to put my cat under today
« Reply #30 on: August 24, 2003, 03:25:06 PM »
Sympathies Pfunk, looks like he was a great cat.

Seems Skuzzy's observation about threads degenerating into crap fests is on the money.

Offline Pfunk

• Parolee
  • Silver Member
« Reply #31 on: August 24, 2003, 04:00:51 PM »
Steve you are an incompasionate ****head, who the fuct are you to judge how someone should feel about their pet. Take your negativity elsewhere as I nor anyone else that has lost a pet cares to hear from you.  You are a ****ing spineless man, YOU are the one with the issues if you have to talk all the watermelon you do in the MA and here on the boards.  Do you get off on insulting others?  Oh wait it's easy for you b/c you have never met the people you insult and can hide behind the anonimity of the internet.  Would you care to come to Georgia and insult me personally, I doubt it.  Your constant chittalking and negativity has been festering on these boards and in this game for far to long, I only wish that Skuzzy or HTC ban you from this community.

Offline AKS\/\/ulfe

• Platinum Member
« Reply #32 on: August 24, 2003, 04:07:11 PM »
My cat has hyper-thyroid, she suffered through it (without me knowing what was going on) for about 6 months before she started to get real thin and always needing to eat. There was also some problems with her peeing around the house. She also had an enlarged heart, due to the thyroid pumping her full of natural speed.

Vet prescribed her with Tapazole (methimazole) and she's been fine ever since, all the abnormalities went away except for the enlarged thyroid. The pills were pretty expensive, but I found a place that sells a 15 month supply for ~$180 plus shipping & handling.

I know this doesn't help know, but I think that if its possible - you may wanna find a new vetinary clinic. Just IMO.
-SW

Offline Pfunk

• Parolee
  • Silver Member
« Reply #33 on: August 24, 2003, 04:07:45 PM »
Its not just that Steve, its your overall lack of compasion, negativity, and general chittalk towards nearly everyone you interact with.  Not to mention what business do you have saying that I have issues because I consider any family pet a loved one?
« Last Edit: August 24, 2003, 04:11:29 PM by Pfunk »

Offline Pfunk

• Parolee
  • Silver Member
« Reply #34 on: August 24, 2003, 04:22:01 PM »
Yes as a matter of fact I did, just as anyone that loves their pet.

Offline Sixpence

• Platinum Member
      • http://www.onpoi.net/ah/index.php
« Reply #35 on: August 24, 2003, 04:22:32 PM »
Originally posted by Trikky
Sympathies Pfunk, looks like he was a great cat.

Seems Skuzzy's observation about threads degenerating into crap fests is on the money.

Trikky, that avatar looks like a picture of Gilbert Godfreid(spell?) from ford fairlane:D

P.S. Hendrix right?
"My grandaddy always told me, "There are three things that'll put a good man down: Losin' a good woman, eatin' bad possum, or eatin' good possum."" - Holden McGroin

(and I still say he wasn't trying to spell possum!)

Offline Pfunk

• Parolee
  • Silver Member
« Reply #36 on: August 24, 2003, 04:24:56 PM »
You have singlehandedly turned a thread that was full of compasion and understanding to your own personal diatribe.  Way to go I hope your proud.

Offline GtoRA2

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
Steve
« Reply #37 on: August 24, 2003, 04:25:36 PM »
If I had to make the choice between my Dog who I loved and had had for 17 years or your worthless ass,  I would take the dog and put you down.

Have a nice day...

Welcome to ignore.

Offline Sixpence

• Platinum Member
« Reply #38 on: August 24, 2003, 04:34:15 PM »
I'm not a cat person, but we have 2 of them. They earn their keep by keeping the mice and other vermine out of the house. It is amazing how household pets take on characteristics of family members. They do become part of the family. One is getting up there in age, I know the girls are going to be devastated when he passes.

P.S. Don't mind steve, it's not easy being a troll:p
"My grandaddy always told me, "There are three things that'll put a good man down: Losin' a good woman, eatin' bad possum, or eatin' good possum."" - Holden McGroin

Offline Trikky

• Persona Non Grata
  • Nickel Member
« Reply #39 on: August 24, 2003, 04:46:05 PM »
Originally posted by Sixpence
Trikky, that avatar looks like a picture of Gilbert Godfreid(spell?) from ford fairlane:D

P.S. Hendrix right?

Howdy Sixpence, yep it's Jimi but he's looking extra warped because of the 60 x 60 pixel format, and tbh I've never heard of the other guy you mentioned.

I've been pondering the use of avatars and I'm not sure he's appropriate, think I'm more of a Wiley Coyote.

Offline Creamo

• Parolee
  • Platinum Member
      • http://www.fatchicksinpartyhats.com
« Reply #40 on: August 24, 2003, 04:49:18 PM »
Damn, bad year for cats. My white kitten which grew into a really cool fat cat in just 3 months got ate by a coyote. We moved from the mountains into a nice neighborhood and got a awesome orange and white male that was the *****. Only cat I ever saw that slept on his back like a human, and wouldn't sleep in bed unless he used a pillow for his head too. He went out with my useless cat that we wished would run away last week and never came back. Off to the pound on Monday I guess. Some lucky bastard will be having a samich and sleeping 20 hours a day on my couch.

Offline Pfunk

• Parolee
  • Silver Member
« Reply #41 on: August 24, 2003, 05:10:18 PM »
Don't think it would be a discussion of anything other than you getting a mouth full of fist.  And by making the snide comment of oh it was just a cat, you did indeed change the tone of the thread.  You read it and saw that I was in pain and decided to mouth off just to make me feel worse.  So when you mommy dies if someone you know said oh it was just a person no biggie would you not get upset?  How about your mom was on her death bed and a buddy of your said yeah she was such a slut, wouldnt that change the tone of your conversation?

Offline Mister Fork

• AvA Staff Member
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #42 on: August 24, 2003, 05:14:02 PM »
Pfunk, know how you feel man. I felt worse loosing my dog than both my grandfathers combined.

She was a beautiful border collie/husky cross. Loyal, smart, and trouble maker.  Had to put her down two years ago and if I think about it today, it brings tears to my eyes.

Took me about a month to get out of the funk.  It'll pass eventually but the feelings are there to remind you how you felt for your cat. And the hurt is actually a good thing. It lets you know how precious lives really are, whether they're two legged or four.

Steve... leave it alone.
« Last Edit: August 25, 2003, 01:12:28 AM by Mister Fork »
"Games are meant to be fun and fair but fighting a war is neither." - HiTech

Offline loser

• Silver Member
« Reply #43 on: August 24, 2003, 06:50:53 PM »
Pfunk you got a spare seat for that trip?

Steve you're a dick of the highest calibre.  This thread was started by someone who lost a good friend and came looking for a little empathy.  Which he recieved.  What possible goal did you expect to achieve by ****ting on his misery.

You should have listened to thumper's mom.  

And may St. Francis, not St. Peter, meet you at the gates.  

You POS.

Offline Sixpence

• Platinum Member
« Reply #44 on: August 24, 2003, 07:42:39 PM »
When I lived in Jax, Fl., I was in oceanway quite a bit. You can mess with their wives, but if you mess with their dawgs you're dodging buckshot...seriously, don't mess with a redneck's dog.