Author Topic: One fast scooter!  (Read 943 times)

Offline Swoop

• Plutonium Member
One fast scooter!
« Reply #15 on: August 25, 2003, 09:32:53 AM »
I like corners.  Esses especially.  Closely followed by roundabouts (that's a "circle" to you Septics).

And the new breed of 600s can happily hang on to a bigger bike until you hit freeway, then it just comes down to who's got more bottle.  

Hit 160 once on mine in the dead of night on a deserted Dutch highway.

Offline -ammo-

• Platinum Member
One fast scooter!
« Reply #16 on: August 25, 2003, 09:35:48 AM »
I am a simple man, so "septic" may or may not be an insult, I don't know.   Just to be safe, here is your salute :D.

FYI,  I ate up a F4i  the other day on my fazer, in the curves and even moreso coming out of the curves.
Commanding Officer, 56 Fighter Group
Retired USAF - 1988 - 2011

Offline Swoop

• Plutonium Member
One fast scooter!
« Reply #17 on: August 25, 2003, 09:36:16 AM »
And what's a 954RR?

We talkin red and Italian cos they've just brought out the 999......and man is it UUUUUgly.

Offline Modas

• Silver Member
      • http://www.cutthroats.com
One fast scooter!
« Reply #18 on: August 25, 2003, 09:36:28 AM »
That is without a doubt the most BLATENT display of stupidity I've ever seen....

I WANT ONE!!!! :D :D

Brings back memories of when I raced snowmobiles on water (IWA watercross).  Nothing like strapping on a machine that goes 0 to 60 mph in 30 feet :D.  If you didn't have your ***** in once sock when the flag went down, you were in a world of hurt.

Cod, that was fun.  To be young, stupid and without fear again.

Offline Swoop

• Plutonium Member
One fast scooter!
« Reply #19 on: August 25, 2003, 09:39:30 AM »
Originally posted by -ammo-
I am a simple man, so "septic" may or may not be an insult, I don't know.   Just to be safe, here is your salute :D.

FYI,  I ate up a F4i  the other day on my fazer, in the curves and even moreso coming out of the curves.

:D  Nah "septic" is cos I read Rip doesn't like people using the Y word, so I switched to the cockney slang instead.  Personally I think it's worse but oh well, he is the CO after all. ;)

And what's a F4i?   I've either not read enough bike mags recently or they naming em different in the US again.  Thought they'd stopped all that with the confusion over ZXRs.

Offline -ammo-

• Platinum Member
One fast scooter!
« Reply #20 on: August 25, 2003, 09:42:09 AM »
You guys over on the island don't get the Honda CBR 600's?  The last few years they have made the F4i, which is just a light little racer.  It's quick and nimble.  It's closely related to the CBR 600 RR.
Commanding Officer, 56 Fighter Group
Retired USAF - 1988 - 2011

Offline GrimCO

• Nickel Member
      • http://www.GrimsReapers.com
One fast scooter!
« Reply #21 on: August 25, 2003, 09:44:43 AM »
Harley?

Bahhh. If I'm gonna ride a lawnmower, it should at least cut the grass...  :)

Offline Swoop

• Plutonium Member
One fast scooter!
« Reply #22 on: August 25, 2003, 09:46:49 AM »
Originally posted by -ammo-
You guys over on the island don't get the Honda CBR 600's?  The last few years they have made the F4i, which is just a light little racer.  It's quick and nimble.  It's closely related to the CBR 600 RR.

Oh them.  Yeah we get them, not sure if we get the F4i model though, I know we get CBR600RRs.

« Last Edit: August 25, 2003, 10:14:26 AM by Swoop »