Author Topic: Most Kills in One Sortie?  (Read 3136 times)

Offline Drex

• Nickel Member
Most Kills in One Sortie?
« Reply #45 on: August 30, 2003, 10:28:15 AM »
Proximity kills don't count lazs.

Drex

Offline Wadke

• Nickel Member
« Reply #46 on: August 30, 2003, 11:34:56 AM »
post it ATMk....lol haven't see it in a long while

Offline MajBlood

• Zinc Member
      • http://terratomb.com
« Reply #47 on: August 30, 2003, 12:13:16 PM »
13 inna spit9:p

Offline wulfie

• Nickel Member
      • http://www.twinkies.com/index.asp
« Reply #48 on: August 30, 2003, 12:19:20 PM »
26 or 27 in the latest model P-47 with maximum ammunition. All but 3 were vulches and some of them came from aircraft being too close to one of the 3 bomb impacts (I was attacking a field as part of a mission and was carrying maximum .50 ammunition, 3 bombs, and I think rockets as well - for what it's worth all the rockets were fired at aircraft on the ground as well). In my book that sortie would have to be in a different category. 'Most kills in one sortie' means 'most air to air kills in a sortie' in my book. But if you want the extreme(s) regardless of circumstance that might be one of them.

Mike/wulfie

p.s. This was over 3 years ago. The last time I played on a regular basis was mid-2001.

Offline Karnak

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #49 on: August 30, 2003, 12:50:01 PM »
11 in an A6M5b
9 in a Mosquito Mk VI
8 in a P-38L
Petals floating by,
      Drift through my woman's hand,
             As she remembers me-

Offline sax

• Gold Member
      • http://www.13thtas.com
« Reply #50 on: August 30, 2003, 01:13:15 PM »
Originally posted by lazs2
I got one in a row once.
lazs

probably was me

Offline Steve

• Platinum Member
« Reply #51 on: August 30, 2003, 02:18:06 PM »
Creamo:
Blarg. That's a given Steve, or Shane reply to a "who is good in AH?" thread, and I wish they would changed their callsigns as I confuse the 2. One may be innocent.

I reply to all threads that interest me.  It's nice to participate in threads sometimes that do not involve a debate/argument where people are insulting each other either directly or w/ sarcasm.  You should try it once Creamo.
Member: Hot Soup Mafia - Cream of Myshroom
Army of Muppets  Yes, my ingame name is Steve

Offline Halo

• Gold Member
« Reply #52 on: August 30, 2003, 03:41:28 PM »
Status Report 1:  If I am reading these posts correctly, here are the leaders in kills after only ONE sortie (NO rearm, NO refuel, fighter only):

AHGOD, CHOG, 42
Wulfie, P-47D30, "26 or 27"
Furball, CHOG, 26
Citabria, Me262, 25
Gatso, CHOG, 25
Ack-Ack, P-38L, 24
Load, 190A8, 24
Steve, "Pony", 21
Skurj, 110G2, 20

These are only ones with 20 or more kills, and only their total score is mentioned.  Let me know any corrections needed.  

CHOGs are three of the top nine.  Most aircraft are heavy firepower or good endurance or both.  

Already some of these scores are amazing.  So many kills must have been achieved only with the most judicious close-in brief bursts of fire, right?  Or is there some mysterious trade secret?

And ... keep posting.  Many other impressive sorties with less than 20 kills are worth posting in this thread, e.g., several people have noted how impressed they are with some Spit V and other lighter firepower achievements.
Luck is what happens when preparation meets opportunity. (Seneca, 1st century AD, et al)
Practice random acts of kindness and senseless beauty. (Anne Herbert, 1982, Sausalito, CA)
Paramedic to Perkaholics Anonymous

Offline Nilsen

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #53 on: August 30, 2003, 03:43:41 PM »
12 in D25, no rearm or refuel and no vulching.

With vulching and rearming i belive it is 20 something

Offline Ack-Ack

• Radioactive Member
      • FlameWarriors
« Reply #54 on: August 30, 2003, 07:49:35 PM »
Originally posted by Halo

Already some of these scores are amazing.  So many kills must have been achieved only with the most judicious close-in brief bursts of fire, right?  Or is there some mysterious trade secret?

I don't know about anyone else but I like firing close to the target.  Usually score a kill shot with the first burst of .50 cals and 20mm guns but the downside is that I ended up colliding quite a bit with the plane I just blew the tail off of.  Flying into the debris of your kill is a definite pisser.

ack-ack
"If Jesus came back as an airplane, he would be a P-38." - WW2 P-38 pilot
Elite Top Aces +1 Mexican Official Squadron Song

Offline wulfie

• Nickel Member
« Reply #55 on: August 30, 2003, 08:22:03 PM »
Status Report 1: ...

I looked it up. Tour 29, ID: wulfie (I've had 4 AH IDs because I had to close my account a few times due to extended periods of travel, so it took me awhile to actually find the sortie - I know that's the one because it's the only time I ever really said 'wow' when flying the Big Green Reef-er I mean P-47 - by this I mean "I'm no Frenchy"). That was the Tour and it was a P-47D-25. Looking at total P-47D-25 kills that tour I'd call it 26 instead of 27 and the majority (90%) of those kills were vulches with a capital 'V' (i.e. the victims didn't even get their wheels off the ground).

"In the eternal battle of La-7 vs. 500 lb. GP bomb, the 500 lb. GP bomb will always win." :)

Mike/wulfie

Offline wulfie

• Nickel Member
« Reply #56 on: August 30, 2003, 08:35:35 PM »

It depends on the guns, the target, target aspect, etc. (i.e. alot of things).

'Vulching' with a Bf 109G-6 or Bf 109G-10 with a spinner MK 108 as your only cannon you could get 20-30 kills assuming you didn't run out of fuel. Hold your fire until you are close and 1 'tap' on 'Der Thumper' is almost a sure kill vs. any fighter.

A Fw 190A-8 with outboard MG 151/20 replaced with MK 108 - "Fugheddaboutit". WAY better than a Caddy. :)

.50 MG US aircraft can do really well - you get pilot kills all the time when strafing aircraft on the ground with a big bank of wing-mounted .50 MGs.

In general, the lower the deflection the farther out you can open fire. A straight and level target at 350 is in real danger from a MK 108 in the spinner of a Bf 109 if the Bf 109 driver has any practice with that weapon. Breaking across the nose of your attacker at 550-600 @ 350 MPH IAS the 3cm is almost no threat but a good shot in a P-51D, F4U w/.50 MGs, F6F-5, or P-47 could score some mortal hits on your aircraft *assuming you break in a straight line without passing through the vertical* ('wink...wink...nudge...nudge).

If you get in close and your guns are set to the proper convergance you can score a kill with a quick burst in almost any fighter in AH (Spitfure I and Hurricane I are the only 2 you might have problems with).

And remember - if you are wings level when the target passes through your gunsite pipper scoring hits is a matter of timing alone no matter how fast the target is travelling or the angle of the target's 'break'. This means if you have ammunition to 'burn' you can 'start the hose' early and let the target fly right thru the stream of fire. It works great against a target when you predict his trying to force an overshoot with a rolling scissors (many people try this, only a few do it well enough to avoid getting killed when their pursuer 'doesn't bite' at the start of the scissors).

Mike/wulfie

Offline WhiteHawk

• Parolee
  • Silver Member
« Reply #57 on: August 31, 2003, 09:20:40 AM »
9 in a p47d-30, but crashed 30feet short of runway, was outta gas and coasting for about 5 mins.

Had 9 in a 109g10, all b17's

Offline lazs2

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #58 on: August 31, 2003, 09:41:58 AM »
what?  proximity kills don't count?   well.... nevermind then.
lazs

Offline Mini D

• Parolee
  • Platinum Member
      • Fat Drunk Bastards
« Reply #59 on: August 31, 2003, 10:29:28 AM »
Landed 10 in a P-40 last night.  Some tard thought the best way to get rid of a lone vulcher was to run him out of ammo.  The sweetest part was when he followed me back into my CV ack knowing I was out of ammo for the 10th kill.

MiniD