Author Topic: Funny he has no qualms making his living in America..  (Read 2308 times)

Offline Dowding

• Platinum Member
      • http://www.psys07629.pwp.blueyonder.co.uk/272/index.html
Funny he has no qualms making his living in America..
« Reply #75 on: September 05, 2003, 10:28:38 AM »
You either hate something or you love it, eh Grunherz?

You really are the epitome of an Orwellian future, where only extremes of emotion are deemed acceptable.
War! Never been so much fun. War! Never been so much fun! Go to your brother, Kill him with your gun, Leave him lying in his uniform, Dying in the sun.

Offline midnight Target

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #76 on: September 05, 2003, 10:31:09 AM »
You either trust the German magazine and believe that all of those quotes are completely as spoken by Depp, or you believe Depp who claims that his words were "insanely twisted".

I guess you choose to believe the magazine. why?

Offline GRUNHERZ

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #77 on: September 05, 2003, 10:35:24 AM »
You do understanfd that your all or nothing post fits that pattern...

I love the left wing idea of "patriotism through hatred."  Its no wopnder so many left wingers protested against a US repons after 911..  

:rolleyes:

Offline GRUNHERZ

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #78 on: September 05, 2003, 10:39:40 AM »
Ill just say its funny you guys first defend his statement as some higher more sophisticated form of left wing patriotism.... And now he retracts it.. Interesting...

Yiou seemed to have no trouble beliving in those sentiments before, now you are so eager to distance yourself from them.

Offline midnight Target

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #79 on: September 05, 2003, 10:44:29 AM »
No one defended his statement, they defended his right to make it. Big difference. And now it seems he may not have made it at all.

Offline Saurdaukar

• Plutonium Member
      • Army of Muppets
« Reply #80 on: September 05, 2003, 10:50:32 AM »
Originally posted by midnight Target
You either trust the German magazine and believe that all of those quotes are completely as spoken by Depp, or you believe Depp who claims that his words were "insanely twisted".

I guess you choose to believe the magazine. why?

Since when are people unable to make their own decisions on what they believe?  I dont require a magazine to tell me what to think - I can read and make my judgement on what is most likely truthful based on the facts.  That facts sorrounding the individual lead me to believe that he was quoted accurately in the magazine and the 'apology' is about as deep as the shallow end of a bathtub.  I am further insulted by the fact that he can show up to an interview and scorch his country of birth in person, but somehow cant seem to do anything other than have his lackys offer the apology for him.

Dowding - I dont underastand your big words.  Could you dumb it down to puppy level for me?

Offline GRUNHERZ

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #81 on: September 05, 2003, 10:51:25 AM »
Im fcking sick of this left wing lie that all of you BBS liberals use that crioticizing speech is the same as trying to suppress it.

He has EVERY RIGHT to say that. I HAVE EVERY RIGHT to disagree and criticize him if I find them objectionable.

Why is that so hard for yoiu gus to undrstand.

Offline Sandman

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #82 on: September 05, 2003, 10:55:42 AM »
You expressed the opinion that he should leave the country simply because he said something bad about it.

Not the same thing.
sand

Offline Saurdaukar

• Plutonium Member
      • Army of Muppets
« Reply #83 on: September 05, 2003, 10:55:49 AM »
Originally posted by GRUNHERZ

Why is that so hard for yoiu gus to undrstand.

They understand it perfectly and it cuts their material in half - thats why they dont acknowlege it.

Offline GRUNHERZ

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #84 on: September 05, 2003, 10:58:45 AM »
Originally posted by Sandman_SBM
You expressed the opinion that he should leave the country simply because he said something bad about it.

Not the same thing.

I dont think I said that he should leave the contry... In fact he is the only person asking people, namely his kids, to leave the USA...

Are we reading the same message board?

Offline Sandman

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #85 on: September 05, 2003, 11:04:50 AM »
sand

Offline GRUNHERZ

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #86 on: September 05, 2003, 11:10:08 AM »
It is funny.  However that is not a stement demanding he leave the country as he has allready done so, it merely points out his hypocrisy that in fact the very USA he cant stand is the only reason he can have such an extravagant lifestyle in France.  If anything since he allready stated he cant live in the USA I merely suggested that he extend his boycott to doing business with big US studios. Surely that message would make a much bigger impact....

I want him to stay here, hes a good actor and instead of running away he should face the heat here and do something if hes such a true patriot as you left wings proclaim him to be.   Hes a pretty piss poor patriot sniping from across the ocean in his multi million $$$$ mnsion south of France..
« Last Edit: September 05, 2003, 11:12:35 AM by GRUNHERZ »

Offline firbal

• Nickel Member
« Reply #87 on: September 05, 2003, 11:40:05 AM »
I don't stop seeing a movie by an actor because of what they may say. But do lose  my respect by the way they dis the country or the President. You can disaggree. Thats find. No problem. But it's the way they do it. Like George Clonie (?). I thought he had some class. But they way he was dissaggreeing with the President over Iraq on TV made him look like a idea. Not a clear cut disagreement, out lined why he thought that way. But an angry bitter person that wasn't getting his way attitude.
Fireball
39th Fighter Squadron "Cobras in the Clouds"

Offline midnight Target

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #88 on: September 05, 2003, 12:15:32 PM »
Originally posted by Saurdaukar
 That facts sorrounding the individual lead me to believe that he was quoted accurately in the magazine and the 'apology' is about as deep as the shallow end of a bathtub.  

Please Saur, what facts?

Offline Saurdaukar

• Plutonium Member
      • Army of Muppets
« Reply #89 on: September 05, 2003, 02:35:25 PM »
Originally posted by midnight Target
Please Saur, what facts?

Lets look at them:

1.)  Actor Johnny Depp makes statements which are considered to be of an inflamitory nature towards the United States.
2.)  Actor Johnny Depp makes these statements during an interview with a German magazine.
3.)  Actor Johnny Depp lives in southern France.
4.)  Actor Johnny Depp is married to a French woman.
5.)  Actor Johnny Depp, upon the public outcry over his remarks, has his public relations people write and submit a public apology.
6.)  Actor Johnny Depp, in this apology written by his staff, states that he was misquoted and his words were taken out of context.  He states that he loves America.

Now which conclusion would you think is more likely based upon the above:

1.)  Actor Johnny Depp, considering the quotes in the interview, his chosen nation of residence, his chosen mate's citizenship, thinks very highly of the United States.  In fact, he loves it so much that he plans on returning to the US, wants his kids to live in the US, and is outraged at the seemingly backstabbing actions of the French government towards the United States over the conflict in Iraq.  His apology is deep, meaningful, and honest, even though he was completely misquoted when he refered to the US as an 'aggressive puppy' who can bite you with its 'teeth.'  His was also totally misquoted when he stated that he would not return to the US until the political climate changed.  He was also misquoted when he stated that he wanted his children to 'get a feel' for the US and then 'get out.'  The German reporter didnt like Pirates of the Caribbean and this was his way of getting back at Johnny - in fact, he disliked the movie so much, that he just put words into Johnny's mouth.

2.)  Actor Johnny Depp, considering the quotes in the interview, his chosen nation of residence, his chosen mate's citizenship, thinks very poorly of his birth nation and thats exactly what he meant to say during the interview.  His 'apology' is a knee jerk reaction to save his 'well liked' celebrity status and preserve his income level and popularity with fans.

Im trying to see things from your viewpoint here, MT, but I cant get my head that far up my ass.