Author Topic: Blackout - A punt for Leonids Idea!  (Read 274 times)

Offline milnko

• Silver Member
      • http://www.cameltoe.org
Blackout - A punt for Leonids Idea!
« Reply #15 on: September 24, 2000, 06:33:00 PM »
Check out this thread, makes ya wonder if this guys had permanent blood-shot eyes from the "G's" he pulls all the time.

http://bbs.hitechcreations.com/smf/Smileys/default/Forum1/HTML/005533.html

------------------
CyberPilots have bigger Joysticks
BANDITS ON MY SIX!!!!

<< MILENKO >>
ACES HIGH ASSASSINS Website
WB/AH ASSASSINS Website

Igloo

« Reply #16 on: September 24, 2000, 07:40:00 PM »
I think that auto pilot should be disabled, all control surfaces as well.  The pilot wounds should kick in if you're in blackout for over 10 seconds, still pulling Gs.  

You can still control your plane while blacked out.  I've landed my plane several times while in total blackout from wounds.  Gotta fix this.  

------------------
Squadron Leader, Igloo.
C/O RCAF 411 Squadron - County of York

Igloo

« Reply #17 on: September 24, 2000, 07:44:00 PM »
Hrmm, images arn't working.  

------------------
Squadron Leader, Igloo.

"Problems cannot be solved with the same awareness that created them" - Albert Einstein[/i]

[This message has been edited by Igloo (edited 09-24-2000).]

Offline Hangtime

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #18 on: September 25, 2000, 01:09:00 AM »
Game reads 2 forms of blackout I believe.. the 'wounded BO' leaves the A/C controllable..

But the sustained 'G' BO will 'disconnect' your controls.. you don't get the plane back till about a half second after the black fades off. You need to have been increasing the pull while in complete BO for this to occur.

My FE displays BO effects as an increasing tunnel vison to black screen a 'g' loads build. I try to keep the oppostion in the middle of that tunnel; and avoid going black screen of any longer than 1 or 2 sec to avoid control disconnect.

Hang
The price of Freedom is the willingness to do sudden battle, anywhere, any time and with utter recklessness...

...at home, or abroad.

Igloo

« Reply #19 on: September 25, 2000, 01:14:00 AM »
Hangtime, are you sure?  I've pulled a few split-S' where I black out 3/4 of the way through and it looks like I'll hit the ground.  I then black out and steer my plane to what I believe is a safe spot where I will no longer be in danger of hitting the ground (while blacked out).  Since I don't hit the ground (while still blacked out) I assume I made it and level off to allow the Gs to lower as I regain vision, only to find the plane is exactly where I steered it while blacked out.  Or am I just lucky?  

------------------
Squadron Leader, Igloo.

"Problems cannot be solved with the same awareness that created them" - Albert Einstein[/i]