Author Topic: ROOKS, this is not the way to go  (Read 2306 times)

Offline SlapShot

• Plutonium Member
ROOKS, this is not the way to go
« Reply #30 on: September 09, 2003, 01:44:18 PM »
Originally posted by beet1e
Rude - I don't understand. Clearly the current set up is not to your liking, what with suicide fuel porkage, suicide CV destruction, hordes, steamrollers... and it's because there are no rules, no holds barred, fly whatever you like whenever you like that we have the idiotic gameplay we have now. So why jump all over me? I'm not the one that's ruining your game. All I would like to see is some different game objectives. Midnight is right. Right now, we just have the scoreboard, and kill messages. So folks will attack en masse, vulch, fly überplanes the whole time, switch to the winning side, and do anything else that maximises their points tally. We need some semblance of motivation - a more structured game, perhaps. Or do you want forever to have your fun ruined by SFP wanktardz?

Beet1e .. you are absolutly right !!! The current gameplay design that we currently play under is not working.

I would surmise the HiTech had no clue as to what the game would have evolved to under the conditions of 500+ players on at the same time.

I hope it is obvious to him now, that changes need to be made, and he has some good ideas or has considered some of the ideas brought forth on this BBS.
SlapShot - Blue Knights

Guppy: "The only risk we take is the fight, and since no one really dies, the reward is the fight."

Offline NoBaddy

• Gold Member
      • http://www.damned.org
« Reply #31 on: September 09, 2003, 02:15:10 PM »
... and it's because there are no rules, no holds barred, fly whatever you like whenever you like that we have the idiotic gameplay we have now.

In point of fact, that is what the MA is supposed to be about. The realistic gameplay is supposed to be in the CT, senerios, etc..
NoBaddy (NB)

Flying since before there was virtual durt!!
"Ego is the anesthetic that dulls the pain of stupidity."

Offline Gixer

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
« Reply #32 on: September 09, 2003, 02:51:07 PM »
That does it! I'm not sending you any more pics of Mel and Friends. Ha!  :D

...-Gixer
~Hells Angels~

Originally posted by Ack-Ack
Besides, we know that the Rooks only count for 2/3 of a person anyway.

ack-ack

Offline Ack-Ack

• Radioactive Member
      • FlameWarriors
« Reply #33 on: September 09, 2003, 03:46:31 PM »
Ouch!  That's a little harsh isn't it?

Ack-Ack
"If Jesus came back as an airplane, he would be a P-38." - WW2 P-38 pilot
Elite Top Aces +1 Mexican Official Squadron Song

Offline Toad

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #34 on: September 09, 2003, 04:10:07 PM »
We need some semblance of motivation - a more structured game, perhaps. Or do you want forever to have your fun ruined by SFP wanktardz?

That's what you've always been about, controlling what others do.

The difference that continually eludes you..... undoubtedly by deliberate choice..... is that I or Rude or Laz don't care what others do as long as there's room for us to do what we like.

You guys go ahead and play war, play mission, play for points, play for reset, play for any reason and in any way you like.  Just leave room for those that don't share your goals and just want to fight.

The gameplay you despise has evolved as endless requests for "more strategy", "more this" and "more that" were fulfilled.

In the beginning, in the Beta, there was the fight. It was great fun, it was constant fun. And then came the requests that took away from the fight.

And it led right here.. to the gameplay you despise.

And, LOL, your solution is MORE of the same, piled higher and deeper.

It'll only get worse if you get your wish.

Enjoy.  :D
If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude than the animated contest of freedom, go from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains sit lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen!

Offline Toad

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #35 on: September 09, 2003, 04:15:31 PM »
Geez, it won't be long before having a 500' alt advantage will be perceived as vulching. :rolleyes:

What is vultching?

Is it not the essentially "no risk" attack on an essentially harmless opponent/target that has few if any options that can lead to escape/survival for the target or damage/death for his opponent?

What is B&Z?

Is it not the essentially "no risk" attack on an essentially harmless opponent/target that has few if any options that can lead to escape/survival for the target or damage/death for his opponent?

The difference is that the "B&Z" attack takes place at a higher altitude than the vultch AND that the target has a somewhat better chance of escape and a minimally better chance of damaging/killing his opponent. That's if the B&Z is done right and no others interfere.

Big diff, eh?

If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude than the animated contest of freedom, go from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains sit lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen!

Offline Rude

• Platinum Member
« Reply #36 on: September 09, 2003, 04:44:23 PM »
Rude - I don't understand. Clearly the current set up is not to your liking, what with suicide fuel porkage, suicide CV destruction, hordes, steamrollers... and it's because there are no rules, no holds barred, fly whatever you like whenever you like that we have the idiotic gameplay we have now. So why jump all over me? I'm not the one that's ruining your game. All I would like to see is some different game objectives. Midnight is right. Right now, we just have the scoreboard, and kill messages. So folks will attack en masse, vulch, fly überplanes the whole time, switch to the winning side, and do anything else that maximises their points tally. We need some semblance of motivation - a more structured game, perhaps. Or do you want forever to have your fun ruined by SFP wanktardz?

Now Beetle....don't take it personally:) I'm far from jumping all over anyone.

NB nailed it exactly....TOD will be the playground for you and others in the future...the big question for me is will HT insist that the MA remain strat infested, or will the maps lean towards the classic air to air combat engagements.

Time will tell eh?:)

Offline SunKing

• Gold Member
« Reply #37 on: September 09, 2003, 04:59:25 PM »
Originally posted by Frost
I think people overestimate the number of people who vulch for point purposes.  I would guess that the vast majority of people vulch to cap a base and for the sheer joy of vulching.

Nah most people can't win a 1 on 1 . Vulch is a sure kill for them.

Offline midnight Target

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #38 on: September 09, 2003, 05:30:58 PM »
<---- On a constant quest for the perfectly sized furball.

Offline beet1e

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #39 on: September 09, 2003, 05:39:19 PM »
Messrs. Toad and Rude!

I'm not trying to control yours or anyone else's gameplay. But I lament the fact that the only motivating factors are kill messages and the scoreboard. But Mr. Toad said
The difference that continually eludes you..... undoubtedly by deliberate choice..... is that I or Rude or Laz don't care what others do as long as there's room for us to do what we like.
BS. BS I say. You're forever posting on the BBS about how "your way" is correct, the fite is the thing and everything else is tripe. Gawd, you have a short memory, my cold blooded friend. :) You and yours are always asking for the fields to be moved closer together. No-one can be in any doubt of that. I personally think that would be a disaster. That's why I hate the children's maps, and look forward to the pizza map.

Then there are your collective whines for strat targets to be hardened - from guys who purport to have no interest in strat!  LOL  Then you guys whine about various maps - particlarly the pizza map...

You... don't care what others do? What's all this fuel porkage whining about then? What about these whines to harden targets? Well we already know about those. What the furballers really want is for the buffs to have no effect, and no chance of survival  -thanks to the furballer mandated Me163.

You claim you do not care what others do?  ROFL!!!!

Rude! I haven't taken anything personally. I was just surprised that you seemed angry with me - but I have done nothing to harm your gameplay - except maybe voice support for the pizza map. ;)

Offline Creamo

• Parolee
  • Platinum Member
      • http://www.fatchicksinpartyhats.com
« Reply #40 on: September 09, 2003, 05:46:34 PM »
Beetle, you'll never surpass your "Why not a separate TAS & BK arena? " post, so don't try.

It may be the funniest thing I ever read here, and that says alot. Been here along time.

Classic, funny stuff. Locking it was pry right, but the initial post is still intact, and so gaddamn funny.

Now go brush your tooth, too much admiration might give you a big head.

Offline beet1e

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #41 on: September 09, 2003, 05:56:41 PM »
ROFL Creamo!  Made my freaking night. :D

Can you make it to the WC minicon?  I have a feeling you would keep me well entertained. :)

Offline Midnight

• Silver Member
      • http://www.brauncomustangs.org
« Reply #42 on: September 09, 2003, 05:57:49 PM »
Toad - you are starting to sound like an ass.

"The fight this and the fight that, it's all about the fight. BnZ guys are just the same as vultchers"

Still to this day, I wonder why the "furballers" don't use the DA more often. There is a 100% endless fight oppurtunity there at the "Furball bowl" where everyone could yank and bank to their heart's content with no one ever able to ruin the fight by killing thier field or strating the fuel.

Why then, does this not get utilized?

Rude - I don't know when it was exactly that you got your "enlightenment" on what AH should be all about, but try not to forget preaching from days of 13th TAS past.

I guess now, the only way to be "cool" in AH is to be a TnB furballer. Apparently, BnZ is no longer acceptable with the in-crowd.

If I say that I often fight "in the weeds" to get my kills, can I be part of your cool gang? Gee, I wish I could dump my whole phylosophy and just be happy to furball all the time.

----

I like a good multi-plane dogfight as much as most other pilots, I just would like to have some other changing objectives to why the fight is happening, a reason why a huge battle is raging on a certain part of the map. When it's the same nonsense every day, my interest starts fading.

Offline vorticon

• Platinum Member
« Reply #43 on: September 09, 2003, 05:59:50 PM »
do some quick searching...no more than 2 months ago the rooks were *****ing about being outnumbered...there just gettin revenge

Offline Creamo

• Parolee
  • Platinum Member
      • http://www.fatchicksinpartyhats.com
« Reply #44 on: September 09, 2003, 06:00:09 PM »
Beetard, Funkypants said no Packer fans. I said I would double the fee, he said I'd have to be a fat bastard and wear silver face paint and have fake shoulder pads with spikes. I have 2 pairs.

I'm alergic to silver paint.