Author Topic: I dont think Israel should expel or kill Arafat..  (Read 1158 times)

Offline GRUNHERZ

• Plutonium Member
I dont think Israel should expel or kill Arafat..
« on: September 17, 2003, 01:17:25 AM »
Although I think he is as stupid as they come for the path he decided upon after rejecting Barak's peace offer..

Offline Fishu

• Gold Member
« Reply #1 on: September 17, 2003, 05:15:20 AM »
Hey.. US vetoed for Israels once again (surprisingly..), shouldn't you be siding with your leaders wishes? ;)

Offline GRUNHERZ

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #2 on: September 17, 2003, 05:17:18 AM »
Originally posted by Fishu
Hey.. US vetoed for Israels once again (surprisingly..), shouldn't you be siding with your leaders wishes? ;)

That veto is why I wrote the post.

Offline Thud

• Nickel Member
« Reply #3 on: September 17, 2003, 06:03:44 AM »
He didn't reject Barak's peace offer. You should read up on topics you comment on.

Offline GRUNHERZ

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #4 on: September 17, 2003, 06:10:47 AM »
Originally posted by Thud
He didn't reject Barak's peace offer. You should read up on topics you comment on.

No of course he did not reject it, how silly of me. He simply did not accept the offer, broke off negotiations and started another intifada...

Offline Dowding

• Platinum Member
      • http://www.psys07629.pwp.blueyonder.co.uk/272/index.html
« Reply #5 on: September 17, 2003, 06:18:22 AM »
Barak's peace offer was a sham. It didn't address the important issues such as water rights and still left Israel in control of a divided Palestinian state.
War! Never been so much fun. War! Never been so much fun! Go to your brother, Kill him with your gun, Leave him lying in his uniform, Dying in the sun.

Offline GRUNHERZ

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #6 on: September 17, 2003, 06:56:25 AM »
Originally posted by Dowding
Barak's peace offer was a sham. It didn't address the important issues such as water rights and still left Israel in control of a divided Palestinian state.

Though I am aware of the proposals shortcomings my point was not about why he rejected it but about his choices after the fact.

Offline bozon

• Platinum Member
« Reply #7 on: September 17, 2003, 06:56:55 AM »
this decision of expeling Arafat is another proof of the total stupidity of the Israeli goverment.
I wish I could expel a few of them while we're at it.

Not that Arafat does not deserve to be killed / expelled / or at least flogged good, doing it will not be a wise decision - actully, deciding to do so, tell the media and not doing it, is even more stupid.

I wouldn't accept Barak's offer if I was a palestinian - still, there's big difference from not accepting an offer during peace talks, and starting another terrorism campaign.

Bozon
Mosquito VI - twice the spitfire, four times the ENY.

Click!>> "So, you want to fly the wooden wonder" - <<click!
the almost incomplete and not entirely inaccurate guide to the AH Mosquito.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RGOWswdzGQs

Offline Krusher

• Gold Member
« Reply #8 on: September 17, 2003, 06:59:42 AM »
Originally posted by Fishu

and surprisingly enough the UN didnt make any new resolutions calling on Arafats gang to quit killing civilians ! And didnt Hammas call for the killing of Sharon?

pretty one sided eh?

Offline Dowding

• Platinum Member
      • http://www.psys07629.pwp.blueyonder.co.uk/272/index.html
« Reply #9 on: September 17, 2003, 07:10:07 AM »
Yes, but the difference is that Hamas is an outlawed terrorist organisation whereas Sharon's Israeli government is the elected head of a UN recognised State. Hamas has already been condemned given its status as a terrorist group - it's automatic.
War! Never been so much fun. War! Never been so much fun! Go to your brother, Kill him with your gun, Leave him lying in his uniform, Dying in the sun.

Offline Eagler

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #10 on: September 17, 2003, 07:15:36 AM »
they should kidnap rat face and make him ride the Israeli city buses, eat at the cafes, stand with the soldiers at the bus stops, wander the markets - give the pal bombers pause - then again maybe it wouldn't, but at least the Pals would have killed him....
"Masters of the Air" Scenario - JG27

Intel Core i7-13700KF | GIGABYTE Z790 AORUS Elite AX | 64GB G.Skill DDR5 | 16GB GIGABYTE RTX 4070 Ti Super | 850 watt ps | pimax Crystal Light | Warthog stick | TM1600 throttle | VKB Mk.V Rudder

Offline Krusher

• Gold Member
« Reply #11 on: September 17, 2003, 07:20:30 AM »
Originally posted by Dowding
Yes, but the difference is that Hamas is an outlawed terrorist organisation whereas Sharon's Israeli government is the elected head of a UN recognised State. Hamas has already been condemned given its status as a terrorist group - it's automatic.

Until a week or so ago France wouldnt even call Hamas a terrorist orginization.

Offline Thud

• Nickel Member
« Reply #12 on: September 17, 2003, 07:23:20 AM »
Originally posted by GRUNHERZ
No of course he did not reject it, how silly of me. He simply did not accept the offer, broke off negotiations and started another intifada...

Indeed how silly of you. If you would be objective rather than a unconditional fanboi of your new country's policy you would immediately recognize that the negotiations failed because BOTH sides didn't submit satisfactory proposals, both set their demands to high and were unwilling to meet eachother halway in consensus. That's why the negotiations broke off, neither side was willing to give in.

And if you think it was Arafat who started this particular intifadah you're even more deluded than all your highly amusing posts have led me to believe. He didn't even encourage or tolerate it willingly, though that would have been quite undestandable after Netanyahu killed Oslo by breaking the withdrawal agreements and even more so by the comments he made on that refusal.

Offline GRUNHERZ

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #13 on: September 17, 2003, 07:27:52 AM »
Yes Arafat has no power whatsover...

Its funny you say I'm biased but you just said the intifada is justified and even the fault of Netenyahu...
« Last Edit: September 17, 2003, 07:30:06 AM by GRUNHERZ »

Offline GRUNHERZ

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #14 on: September 17, 2003, 07:31:02 AM »
unconditional fanboi

Obviously....  :rolleyes: