Author Topic: News you can use  (Read 1309 times)

Offline Sixpence

• Platinum Member
      • http://www.onpoi.net/ah/index.php
"My grandaddy always told me, "There are three things that'll put a good man down: Losin' a good woman, eatin' bad possum, or eatin' good possum."" - Holden McGroin

(and I still say he wasn't trying to spell possum!)

Offline ccvi

• Gold Member
      • http://www.carl-eike-hofmeister.de/
News you can use
« Reply #1 on: September 25, 2003, 02:41:42 PM »
:( :mad:

Offline Kaz

• Silver Member
News you can use
« Reply #2 on: September 25, 2003, 02:42:44 PM »
All this time I was thinking AH2 Classic was going to be released b4 AH2: TOD didn't know they had planned all of that work for a 3rd Quarter release. That would've been some feat!

Looking forward to the Classic beta.

Offline Makarov9

• Silver Member
      • http://www.332nd.org/
News you can use
« Reply #3 on: September 25, 2003, 03:24:36 PM »
Hmm, I wonder why they can't make AH2 Classic beta into online. I think they would get more people testing it then with offline only.

Offline Berra85

• Copper Member
News you can use
« Reply #4 on: September 25, 2003, 03:27:21 PM »
Let the whining begin;)

Offline Sixpence

• Platinum Member
      • http://www.onpoi.net/ah/index.php
News you can use
« Reply #5 on: September 25, 2003, 04:07:06 PM »
Nah, I kind of expected it. There were no pics because they were not done, and that takes alot of time. I'm hoping by xmas, but it seems like there is alot of work to be done. But the good news is the game we have works and is bug free.(cept for the space goons)
"My grandaddy always told me, "There are three things that'll put a good man down: Losin' a good woman, eatin' bad possum, or eatin' good possum."" - Holden McGroin

(and I still say he wasn't trying to spell possum!)

Offline Tumor

• Platinum Member
      • Wait For It
News you can use
« Reply #6 on: September 25, 2003, 04:19:06 PM »
WHO KNEW :rolleyes:

lol... how predictable are these guys anyway?
"Dogfighting is useless"  :Erich Hartmann

Offline muckmaw

• Gold Member
News you can use
« Reply #7 on: September 25, 2003, 04:37:40 PM »
You called it Tumor.

I had a bad feeling the other day when HT posted screenshots. Why post screenshots of a release that will be out in 7 days?

Now you know. Soften the blow, and then bring the hammer.

Look, AH is a great game. The graphics are long in the tooth, but the gameplay is still great. There are plenty of issues that could be resolved, but nothing is ever perfect.,

I'd like to sit here and say I'm not disappointed, but I cannot.

This is a big let down. I understand it was unavoidable, but it's disapointing none the less.

The best thing to cushion the blow would have been an updated timeline, and not a vage refernce.

We got the vague refernce, I believe, because they have a long way to go and  do not have a clear picture yet.

So put those upgrade orders on hold. My guess is we're gonna be here till years end.

Offline Sabre

• Gold Member
      • Rich Owen
News you can use
« Reply #8 on: September 25, 2003, 04:41:00 PM »
"And there was a great wailing and gnashing of teeth heard throught the land, and the people did murmmer their discontent."
Sabre
"The urge to save humanity almost always masks a desire to rule it."

Offline acepilot2

• Silver Member
News you can use
« Reply #9 on: September 25, 2003, 04:55:31 PM »
:( :mad: :( :mad:

Hitech said in the wargamer that it will make the Q3 release...then again that was said at the con:(

This totally sucks...was getting ready for a weekend release, now...I have to wait longer.  I thought this was an old thread when I first read it, but I realized soon it was no joke...

again, this totally sucks...:(

hopefully the beta will come this week tho

Offline BenDover

• Platinum Member
News you can use
« Reply #10 on: September 25, 2003, 06:47:05 PM »
whaaa-whaaa-whaaa!!!

Would you prefer it to be released half done and buggy, but on time; or delayed a couple of months and done properly, you know, unlike the **** most dev teams are forced to do because of whiney people in suits called publishers, and then release a 15 meg patch during its first week?

Offline muckmaw

• Gold Member
News you can use
« Reply #11 on: September 25, 2003, 06:59:00 PM »
Originally posted by BenDover
whaaa-whaaa-whaaa!!!

Would you prefer it to be released half done and buggy, but on time; or delayed a couple of months and done properly, you know, unlike the **** most dev teams are forced to do because of whiney people in suits called publishers, and then release a 15 meg patch during its first week?

What was the first choice again?;)

Offline MANDOBLE

• Parolee
  • Silver Member
      • http://www.terra.es/personal2/matias.s
News you can use
« Reply #12 on: September 25, 2003, 07:05:19 PM »
After looking at the new screenshots I'm happy it is not released yet.

Offline Kevin14

• Silver Member
News you can use
« Reply #13 on: September 25, 2003, 07:15:41 PM »
Originally posted by BenDover
whaaa-whaaa-whaaa!!!

The third choice, released before or on an overestimated release date.  That way, it's hard to go over the deadline, and you can have extra beta testing even if it's ready to be released.  

I, like Tumor, had a bad feeling that this was going to happen.  Just think like a pessimist and chances are you'll be right.

Offline SELECTOR

• Gold Member
      • http://www.332viking.com
News you can use
« Reply #14 on: September 25, 2003, 07:17:09 PM »
first reaction ...ANGER ...
second reaction..FEEL very let down..
third  reaction.. feel like closing account (but wont)
forth reaction.. calm down and resingned to the fact that i should have seen it comming.. all the years ive played this game and its always the same..promise of things then let down...

guess i wont put away my copy of forgotten battles just yet..

crying shame i call it...

and before all you brown nosers jump up.. im not interested...I like everyone else have heard it all before..:eek: