Author Topic: The AH2 whine thread  (Read 1857 times)

Offline WhiteHawk

• Parolee
  • Silver Member
The AH2 whine thread
« Reply #15 on: September 26, 2003, 10:47:49 AM »
have you tried the competition?  :rofl

Offline muckmaw

• Gold Member
The AH2 whine thread
« Reply #16 on: September 26, 2003, 10:54:28 AM »
Originally posted by WhiteHawk
have you tried the competition?  :rofl

Actually, no.

I never said this before, but last night was so stale in PIzza, I took the squad over to CT. That was fun, but the problem there is we kept fighting the same 3 guys over and over.

I'll fly CT again tonight, and not MA. I'm not a pizza hater, but the last 2 nights I logged in, I had no desire to play.

Anyway,  now may be a good time to check out WWIIOL.

*shrugs*

I dunno. I need something new...or something that really sucks to I'll aprpecaite AH again.

Offline Bluefish

• Copper Member
The AH2 whine thread
« Reply #17 on: September 26, 2003, 11:32:40 AM »
I'm inclined to think that it was a last minute glitch that hopefully can be overcome quickly.  Since the Wargamer interview which quoted a Q3 release date was published less than two weeks ago, it's hard to believe that an honest business owner who cared about the goodwill of his customers would knowingly let a quote like that be published without correction if he knew it was untrue.

Here's hoping, anyway, because the current brew is getting real stale real fast.

Offline muckmaw

• Gold Member
The AH2 whine thread
« Reply #18 on: September 26, 2003, 11:44:56 AM »
2 things, Blue.

I'd like to agree with you, but the article was published 2 weeks ago, not written 2 weeks ago. So it could have been months ago, and HT forgot about it being published.

Second, I don't think this will be a short delay. If it was, Pyro would have said so to make the pill of the delay much easier to swallow.

Offline SunKing

• Gold Member
The AH2 whine thread
« Reply #19 on: September 26, 2003, 11:48:21 AM »
Good things take time. Why can't some of you be patient. When it is released all this waiting will have been worth it. Meanwhile there are many great games and bish killing in the MA to tide us over.

Offline muckmaw

• Gold Member
The AH2 whine thread
« Reply #20 on: September 26, 2003, 12:02:06 PM »
Originally posted by SunKing
Good things take time. Why can't some of you be patient. When it is released all this waiting will have been worth it. Meanwhile there are many great games and bish killing in the MA to tide us over.

Sun-

Reread what I said. It's not a matter of patience. It's the facty that we were led on.

HT is an update tease!!!

Imagine if your girlfriend of 6 months finally said she was gonna put out, and on the night  she's supposed to be delivering the goods, she calls up, says, she can't make it, and that's she'll give it to you at a latter date.

See what I mean.

Did I just compare AH to sex?:eek:

Offline AKIron

• Plutonium Member
The AH2 whine thread
« Reply #21 on: September 26, 2003, 12:21:18 PM »
Originally posted by muckmaw

ewwww, gives new meaning to the ck 6 calls. ;)
Here we put salt on Margaritas, not sidewalks.

Offline SlapShot

• Plutonium Member
The AH2 whine thread
« Reply #22 on: September 26, 2003, 12:26:06 PM »
Some posters here are making some real emotional assumptions.

These assumptions have "teeth" in them, yet no conclusive evidence or data to substantiate them. IMH that is the wrong tac to take.

If your disappointed, then say so, but making wild-azzed guesses as to HTCs' intentions is just wrong.
SlapShot - Blue Knights

Guppy: "The only risk we take is the fight, and since no one really dies, the reward is the fight."

Offline muckmaw

• Gold Member
The AH2 whine thread
« Reply #23 on: September 26, 2003, 12:26:18 PM »
Originally posted by AKIron
ewwww, gives new meaning to the ck 6 calls. ;)

At least HO's still mean the same thing....

Offline muckmaw

• Gold Member
The AH2 whine thread
« Reply #24 on: September 26, 2003, 12:28:04 PM »
Originally posted by SlapShot
Some posters here are making some real emotional assumptions.

These assumptions have "teeth" in them, yet no conclusive evidence or data to substantiate them. IMH that is the wrong tac to take.

If your disappointed, then say so, but making wild-azzed guesses as to HTCs' intentions is just wrong.

It's just speculation, Slappy.

If there is a problem with people specualting about what went wrong, what's going on, etc..HT has a keyboard, and he knows how to type on the bbs. (Well, sorta, anyway.)

Offline SunKing

• Gold Member
The AH2 whine thread
« Reply #25 on: September 26, 2003, 12:51:23 PM »
Originally posted by muckmaw
Sun-

Reread what I said. It's not a matter of patience. It's the facty that we were led on.

HT is an update tease!!!

Imagine if your girlfriend of 6 months finally said she was gonna put out, and on the night  she's supposed to be delivering the goods, she calls up, says, she can't make it, and that's she'll give it to you at a latter date.

See what I mean.

I wouldnt go that far man.

Offline SlapShot

• Plutonium Member
The AH2 whine thread
« Reply #26 on: September 26, 2003, 12:55:15 PM »
OK ... geeesh

---------------------------------------------------------

Some posters here are making some real emotional speculations.

These speculations have "teeth" in them, yet no conclusive evidence or data to substantiate them. IMH that is the wrong tac to take.

If your disappointed, then say so, but making wild-azzed specualtions as to HTCs' intentions is just wrong.

---------------------------------------------------------

Point is ... The way I read these speculations ... They have a very accusatory vein to them, implying that HTC has been under-handed in dealing with this release within the last month.

Any development team that takes great pride in their work ALWAYS wants to makes the release date. I would speculate that every employee at HTC is 10 time more disappointed than any one of us, and this is probably not sitting well with them at all.

I would also speculate that all those involved in this release have been burning both ends of the candle stick for the last month trying to make the release date. I would also speculate that the decision to delay probably was made the day that Pyro posted the news.

Ya know I love ya Muck ... :D
SlapShot - Blue Knights

Guppy: "The only risk we take is the fight, and since no one really dies, the reward is the fight."

Offline muckmaw

• Gold Member
The AH2 whine thread
« Reply #27 on: September 26, 2003, 01:03:36 PM »
Right back at ya, Slappy.

You know I'ma  grumpy bastage when I'm at work.

I don't want to go into specifics, but I just don't agree with the way the situation was handled.

Of course, not working at HTC and not knowing anything about what happened, I can only speculate.

So I'll step back and say this came out of nowhere, and HTC never saw the glitch coming until it was too late, at which time he made the post to the BBS. And maybe their still sorting it out with no idea how long it will take to fix.

*shrugs*

No matter how we slice it, many are still disappointed, and we're all still in the dark.

Offline Adjuster

• Copper Member
The AH2 whine thread
« Reply #28 on: September 26, 2003, 03:21:03 PM »
Maybe Im the only one who wonders why the beta is gonna be Offline only? :confused:

Is it is because the new Graphics are a system crusher and having half the current population unable to use it online would be a commercial disaster or am I missing something? I thought the net code was as is now so why not have an online Beta.

Discuss !

Adjuster
Adjuster

56 Squadron (Firebirds)

Offline SlapShot

• Plutonium Member
The AH2 whine thread
« Reply #29 on: September 26, 2003, 03:54:41 PM »
Originally posted by Adjuster
Maybe Im the only one who wonders why the beta is gonna be Offline only? :confused:

Is it is because the new Graphics are a system crusher and having half the current population unable to use it online would be a commercial disaster or am I missing something? I thought the net code was as is now so why not have an online Beta.

Discuss !

Adjuster

"The upcoming open beta will be offline only and the primary purpose will be testing the graphics engine across a wide range of systems."
SlapShot - Blue Knights