Author Topic: The AH2 whine thread  (Read 1858 times)

Offline Nilsen

• Plutonium Member
The AH2 whine thread
« Reply #45 on: September 27, 2003, 11:56:51 AM »
I know perfectly well what pathetic means, try your bate elsewhere if you want some fish for dinner. :rofl

Offline Mugzeee

• Silver Member
The AH2 whine thread
« Reply #46 on: September 27, 2003, 12:19:34 PM »
Originally posted by WhiteHawk
have you tried the competition?  :rofl

I have....and honestly there are some good ones out there.
Although i wouldnt feel right about posting them here/.

Offline Mugzeee

• Silver Member
The AH2 whine thread
« Reply #47 on: September 27, 2003, 12:30:03 PM »
Originally posted by Adjuster
Maybe Im the only one who wonders why the beta is gonna be Offline only? :confused:

Is it is because the new Graphics are a system crusher and having half the current population unable to use it online would be a commercial disaster or am I missing something? I thought the net code was as is now so why not have an online Beta.

Discuss !

Adjuster
 Maybe its because the NEW Open beta will draw a huge following for the first few months. And HT Knows the MA Server already has major glitches just trying to handle the Old AH?
If the server is anything like the past few weve played on...Be prepared for some big conectivity issues. Oh yes....and be prepared to accept that its not on HTC's End  :D

Offline GA

• Gold Member
      • http://www.332viking.no
The AH2 whine thread
« Reply #48 on: September 27, 2003, 12:40:02 PM »
Ok here goes what is "pathetic" in my book.
Sorry communety to have to do this but this guy is **** me off for almoust a year now.

When HTC has some hard facts to tell the community they do.

First off all.
When did you get the spokes man for HTC since you speak on there behalf, and you do this on several posts!

If you whine about something you dont yet pay for then its just pathetic.

2 interseting lines here.

1. "If you whine about something you dont yet pay for"
- Just curious, you have been flying Aces High about 2 years if you still fly now, and if you fly do you pay for it, and what is your ID in the game?  xxxx39?
(if some whines on the BBS as you call it, what would you call this,
I would just call it pathetic)

2. "pathetic. "
(here are some more point  that I would call pathetic)

* To been trhown out from his earlyer squad by recruit that squads current members for is own new squad without saying any thing to the CO/XO that he gona quiet and will out.

* Still owes one earlyer squad member money who he provided him for paying the HTC bills.

* Changes his name 10 times and more to go the trial period severeal times by saving money and rip HTC off.

* Post words that are not allowed her on the BBS, on his earlyer squads website "guest book" and a "joke site", and by this they had to take it off there website since it was open for all to post.
That he did not know is that a pro-programer traced his IP to his home, so they could be 100% surten it was him, infact up to several posts for a period off time.

* Post a smile or just a face with out any txt on several time when his former CO posted a post on the AH communety BBS. just probely to piss...him off.
The CO of that squad finaly posted a mail to HTC and suddenly this stoped.

* tryed his best to go behind the squads back and talk to the youngest pilots in the squad to turn them away from the squad and recruit them.

* On the Squads recruit post on the "squad open  BBS" where the squads put op there post to recruit pilots in the communety. His former squad poste a recruit post there and he replayed to that post by saying..
"test these guys out and that they should join him when he would start his squad again this Agust......

* He finaly gott his squad and had at the squad top period 3 members. And they went back to there former squad.

This is "pathetic"...............

NB: Sorry gents to take this up, maybee I lost a Fuze;).
« Last Edit: September 27, 2003, 12:44:20 PM by GA »

Offline singh7

• Zinc Member
The AH2 whine thread
« Reply #49 on: September 27, 2003, 12:41:18 PM »
Originally posted by Nilsen10
Stop your constant whining, its not fun anymore.
When HTC has some hard facts to tell the community they do.

If they say something that they are not sure about then it will just put fuel on the fire for the whiners on this board if its not included for some reason in the final release.
If you don't enjoy the current game that you pay for then fine. If you whine about something you dont yet pay for then its just pathetic. :rofl

Perhaps you should consider stopping your constant whining on about what people should say. That too is getting quite old.
If you do know what Hitech and the folks are thinking as you speculated by saying "If they say something that they are not sure about then it will just put fuel on the fire " then you have more information than any of us and it would explain why you made your comment. If not - then sir, respectfully please shut up already:D

Acetnt

Offline Nilsen

• Plutonium Member
The AH2 whine thread
« Reply #50 on: September 27, 2003, 01:19:20 PM »
I would guess that there is a reason for them not to say everything because i do not think its because they are lazy or wants to be mean to their customers. Do you really think they act this way to get the community and their customers upset? There is usually a good reason for things HTC does and im confident that they know what they are doing now aswell.

:)
« Last Edit: September 27, 2003, 01:22:19 PM by Nilsen »

Offline 2Hawks

• Nickel Member
      • http://daniel.clanbaker.com
Lets start Guessing..
« Reply #51 on: September 27, 2003, 01:22:38 PM »
Lets start guessing and let the conspiracies fly.. I will go first.

OK, HTC had to re-write the code from scratch because somebody got stoned or drunk and deleted all the source (BTDT), or a server failed and all the source code was lost.

The release was delayed for offline play only because HTC is being sued by warbirds for using their 'netcode'  in the game, and has to develop new 'netcode'.

They aren't giving information because they want the release to be a surprise. -- but now it's delayed for the above reason, and they are incredibly stressed about the release date and wish to speak with nobody (BTDT)

-- If this were me in such a position I would be hard pressed to continue. Pretending the users don't exist would be the only way I would be able to maintain my sanity and finish the project.

Any Takers?

Offline Nilsen

• Plutonium Member
The AH2 whine thread
« Reply #52 on: September 27, 2003, 01:32:07 PM »
How about this for a conspiracy theory:

HTC is not posting it all beacuse everything is not 100% decided on yet and rather than taking all kinds of flak from the community incase something is left out that they have announced they wait until release before going into details.

Offline Nilsen

• Plutonium Member
The AH2 whine thread
« Reply #53 on: September 27, 2003, 02:58:17 PM »
BTW GA, nice try.. :D

1. Not true, as everyone knows i quit the squad.

2. I do not owe any former squadmate money, if you would ask him then you would find out.

3. Have never ripped off anyone.

4.  Have never posted illegal words on this BBS ..show me pls. posted on your squadsite? rofl...again bull.

5. I have never recived any mail from HTC regarding my supposed smileys and HTC knows this. (btw, did you also call your mom for comfort?)

6. Never goen behind the squads back, i went behind your back.

7. What?.. stay of the booze

8. Finally got my squad? *hurray i managed to start my own squad* :rofl

Game over GA
Thank you for playing..
Insert coin here

Tip:

Next time you wanna play this game, stick to the facts and dont let your personal emotions ruin your chanses.

:rofl
« Last Edit: September 27, 2003, 03:30:29 PM by Nilsen »

Offline muckmaw

• Gold Member
The AH2 whine thread
« Reply #54 on: September 27, 2003, 03:01:10 PM »
Originally posted by Nilsen10
How about this for a conspiracy theory:

HTC is not posting it all beacuse everything is not 100% decided on yet and rather than taking all kinds of flak from the community incase something is left out that they have announced they wait until release before going into details.

I think they're taking more flak for their silence than if they spoke up and said "We're completely lost and AHII wont be out for 6 months."

Not knowing what the status is accounts for the bulk of the gripe.

Offline cajun

• Silver Member
The AH2 whine thread
« Reply #55 on: September 27, 2003, 03:31:24 PM »
I do not think it will be too much longer for the release.  I am looking forward to the beta personally, even if it only be offline.  Some of 2Hawks theories are pretty good too.

HTC has always cared about their customers.  I cannot begin to wonder what may be delaying them, or why they arent posting much news, but Im sure there is a good reason behind it.
I think it would be better to post updates of bad news then good news, but developing a game myself I can see why HTC may want to keep quiet.

Offline GA

• Gold Member
      • http://www.332viking.no
The AH2 whine thread
« Reply #56 on: September 27, 2003, 04:24:44 PM »
Yep Nilsen10, They who knows the truth is the ones that knows it, thast me you and the 28 others squad members from the squad you were banned and kicked out from.

Off cours my statement is not true, you are one off a kind and a guy who I hope to not have anything to do with in the future!

And if you search my post by 3 years time on this BBS, you would not find any post like this or bad post.

Ok I have sayd mine, And Im sorry to the communety that you had to listen to this ****.... but this guys realy reach the bottom of  online pilots/people I hav come across.

No more post from me of this issue.

Offline Nilsen

• Plutonium Member
The AH2 whine thread
« Reply #57 on: September 27, 2003, 04:39:53 PM »
Hehe keep going :rofl

You kicked me from the viking BBS before i had a chanse of telling my side of the story so a few of em prolly belive you.

I dont mind tho, you have yet again proved that you go for a personal attack on me based on nothing substantial other than your personal feelings (this is quite understanable as you have lost every discussion we have had).

This is very typical of a person of your nature. However I will not post any more abot this topic as Skuzzy has pointed out the rules regarding personal attacks on this forum. So unless he gives the go ahead we should quit this before you get a vaication from the forum or boore everyone here to utter madness.

Again, when playing this "bbs game" try sticking to the facts and just facts

:rofl

Offline 2Hawks

• Nickel Member
      • http://daniel.clanbaker.com
It's actuallu a blessing in disguise...
« Reply #58 on: September 28, 2003, 12:30:49 AM »
The delay and offline beta play is actually a blessing in disguise for those who have not avidly persued flight sims, combat flight sims or other real flight experience. Suddendly releasing a new flight model upon those recently introduced to flight much less MMO Combat would create a vast chasm in those who have the experience and feel for actual flight and those who still lean towards the arcade style of things.

HTC has a very tough question to "Beta"... How real to make the new advanced modeling? Rather than throw it into the arena, and risk their subscriber base, release a "Beta" offline and wait for the feedback. Then they can look at the greater denomination of requests and "bugfix" the most requested / commented on feature or flaw. But then if this were the reason for the delay, I cannot see why they wouldn't just up and say so. So for now I will have to think it's just something thats going to work itself out for reasons only the aliens know.

I look forward to playing with the new planes, and think it's a good move to make sure those already in the MA and CT have the opportunity to play at or near the same level as the rest of the more advanced pilots.

Hitech!
« Last Edit: September 28, 2003, 12:35:21 AM by 2Hawks »

Offline hazed-

• Gold Member
      • http://combatarena.users.btopenworld.com
The AH2 whine thread
« Reply #59 on: September 28, 2003, 01:25:12 AM »
Originally posted by acetnt-2nd

Like many, I am not at all upset at them missing the deadline but I too dislike the zero information model that they are following.

Acetnt

I think this sums up the feeling well. not upset by the delay so much as the lack of information.