Author Topic: Kadesh on CT  (Read 929 times)

Online artik

• Silver Member
      • Blog
Kadesh on CT
« on: October 03, 2003, 12:01:28 PM »
Hello, All

in November there going to be Kadesh Scenario of 4 frames where Jets would be mostly involved. The planeset would be:

Egyptian Air Force
Gloster Meteor (reskinned 262)
Il-28 (reskinned Ar234)

Israel Air Force
Gloster Meteor
Mustang P51D
Mosquito
B-17

Anglo/Franch coalition
F4U-4
Gloster Meteor

Most of the fights would be shifted to Jets vs Jets fights - and prop planes would get secondary role - strike only because they outclassed by Meteor (262). The problem that most of AH players are not familiar with this planes. They do not know how to fight in Jet fighters (in my expirence it is quite different and interesting).

Could be this planeset setup on CT
Not like the pervious Kadesh when 262 was aviable on rear bases but full Jet war of 262 vs 262 to let players feel the difference of gameplay for further Scenario. Just like there were Okinawa and other planeset in CT lets make Kadesh planeset.

What do you think about it.

(The terrain is not important - the main point is Jets vs Jets fights)
Artik, 101 "Red" Squadron, Israel

Offline Skyfoxx

• Silver Member
Kadesh on CT
« Reply #1 on: October 03, 2003, 01:54:46 PM »
eeeewwwww!:eek:
Nothing personal artik, just not my "cup of tea".
But heck, I can stand to miss a week of CT action.
Will be interesting to see how others feel about it.

"Consider your own fortunes gentlemen the deepest circle of hell is reserved for traitors and mutineers."

Online artik

• Silver Member
      • Blog
Kadesh on CT
« Reply #2 on: October 03, 2003, 02:09:36 PM »
I know some of us do not like it but it is prepearing for Kadesh scenario - Jets fights training - I think a lot of players need it

Offline Squirrel

• Copper Member
      • http://www.mindspring.com/~p38
Kadesh on CT
« Reply #3 on: October 03, 2003, 02:54:16 PM »
Artik,
Have you seen the tiles I did for the Kadesh terrain?  I believe that Tilt is using them in the terrain update but I'd like to get some feedback on any tweaks or modifications they might need.
Sqrl  (of the CM terrain team)

Offline Eagler

• Plutonium Member
Kadesh on CT
« Reply #4 on: October 03, 2003, 03:11:03 PM »
Originally posted by artik
I know some of us do not like it but it is prepearing for Kadesh scenario - Jets fights training - I think a lot of players need it

guess they would - AH = WW2 air combat sim

do you mean this setup is going to hose up CT for a week? :confused:
"Masters of the Air" Scenario - JG27

Intel Core i7-13700KF | GIGABYTE Z790 AORUS Elite AX | 64GB G.Skill DDR5 | EVGA GeForce RTX 3070 Ti FTW3 | Vive Pro | Warthog stick | TM1600 throttle | VKB Mk.V Rudder Pedals

Offline Dennis

• Nickel Member
Kadesh on CT
« Reply #5 on: October 03, 2003, 03:33:53 PM »
No offence intended, bro .. but ... Thanks for the warning.

You say "4 frames." :confused:   Are you talking about CT or SEA?

You also say you think a lot of players "need" jet fighter training. I respectfully disagree.  I play AH because it's a WWII sim.  Couldn't care less if I NEVER set my bellybutton in a jet.
Set up a scenerio that takes place over the Middle East between '40 and '45 ... with the appropriate planes ... and I'm in.  Maybe.

Splash1

Offline brady

• Platinum Member
      • http://personal.jax.bellsouth.net/jax/t/y/tyr88/JG2main.html
Kadesh on CT
« Reply #6 on: October 03, 2003, 06:33:59 PM »
Lat time i looked the map was totaly unsuied for the CT, have you changed it?

Online artik

• Silver Member
      • Blog
Kadesh on CT
« Reply #7 on: October 04, 2003, 12:32:15 AM »
Originally posted by Squirrel
Artik,
Have you seen the tiles I did for the Kadesh terrain?  I believe that Tilt is using them in the terrain update but I'd like to get some feedback on any tweaks or modifications they might need.
Sqrl  (of the CM terrain team)

No I didn't, What do you mean tiles?
You say "4 frames."  Are you talking about CT or SEA?

This is scenario - like okinawa or nieman etc... it will be at SEA every sataday in November - 4 frames look in calendar.

That is just idea for put it on CT to make players feel what would be the event.
Lat time i looked the map was totaly unsuied for the CT, have you changed it?

I do not think kadesh map should be used for CT - it is for scenario only. What I need is planeset only.

Thanks you all

Offline brady

• Platinum Member
Kadesh on CT
« Reply #8 on: October 04, 2003, 12:56:09 AM »
In the Okinawa, and the Slot (guadacanal) event's we did run the map priour to the events in the CT but we did not use the same plane set's, they were a bit different, and the Maps were built with a dual use in mind, for the SEA and the CT.

Gloster Meteor (reskinned 262)
Il-28 (reskinned Ar234)

Israel Air Force
Gloster Meteor
Mustang P51D
Mosquito
B-17

Anglo/Franch coalition
F4U-4
Gloster Meteor

We only run two sided maps in the CT for a number of reasions, nonthe least of which are the numbers atending will not suport a three sided map.

At face value (assuming the Anglo/French forces fight for the Iserailies), have the Egyptians are at bit of a disadvantage, they nead some sort of Atack capacaty, the AR 234 is not going to cut it for taking bases, it neads to be tweaked to creat some balnce in some areas to make a decent CT set up, and GV's of course.

At present it will not play well ,and these cold war era plane set up's are not very popular in the CT.

Online artik

• Silver Member
      • Blog
Kadesh on CT
« Reply #9 on: October 04, 2003, 01:23:18 AM »
No problems to add Anglo/French coalition to IAF
GVs of course I just didn't written them because I had written planes only.
Strike planes? Ar234 might cause a problem.... maybe add Spit14 for EAF (it was in servise but didn't operate in this war)
The important point that 262 will be main fighter plane and props have secondary role of strike planes.
That should be the main point of planeset. Anything alse could be changed to make it more suitable for CT.

thank you for your help, brady
cold war era plane set up's

not cold war :) - the middle east Israel/Arabic conflict.

Offline brady

• Platinum Member
Kadesh on CT
« Reply #10 on: October 04, 2003, 02:21:12 AM »
Well it is a generic term for anything past WW2, it describes that era.

I am not up for a while, I will think about it though.

Offline scJazz

• Copper Member
Kadesh on CT
« Reply #11 on: October 04, 2003, 08:25:38 AM »
Originally posted by artik
No problems to add Anglo/French coalition to IAF
GVs of course I just didn't written them because I had written planes only.
Strike planes? Ar234 might cause a problem.... maybe add Spit14 for EAF (it was in servise but didn't operate in this war)
The important point that 262 will be main fighter plane and props have secondary role of strike planes.
That should be the main point of planeset. Anything alse could be changed to make it more suitable for CT.

thank you for your help, brady

not cold war :) - the middle east Israel/Arabic conflict.

Instead of the Spit14 you might want to consider the Tempest. It carries more ordnance and is better suited to the style of flying for JABO or strike missions.

Online artik

• Silver Member
      • Blog
Kadesh on CT
« Reply #12 on: October 04, 2003, 09:24:54 AM »
By the way Il-28/Ar234 is excelent bomber it has 1500kg bombload, it fast and have good flight range. The only problem it has no dive bombsite.... so you need a little practice with level bombing with this fast (extreemly fast) bomber. By the way in later 1967 clonflict there were Vouture bomber (IAF) with Norden site that sucsessefully used by IAF. So you need some practice with Norden site on high speeds and all ok.
For Ground force supplay I think 4x30mm 262 guns would be great no chance for any viecle to survive.
Tempest - it is ok but not historical. In Kadesh Scenario Egyptian Air Force will have only Gloster Meteor/262 and Il-28/Ar234 squadrons. So it might be interesting to force Egyptian side fly Jet planes only.

Offline scJazz

• Copper Member
Kadesh on CT
« Reply #13 on: October 04, 2003, 09:51:45 AM »
Didn't say it was in service just mentioned a plane that would be effective in the JABO role while still not being a jet.

Offline brady

• Platinum Member
Kadesh on CT
« Reply #14 on: October 04, 2003, 11:16:22 AM »
Real, the Egyptians nead some other Jabo that is comperable with the Iserails mounts, the 262 is very capable of dealing out deth and distruction but is more vulnerable in doing so than the Iseraile planes since it must get closer, also their is not atack switch on the 262 so doingg so will pork you fighter rank, not that everyone cares about this, but for those who do an option should be available, the AR 234 is not realy a viable Atack platform, nore does it have an atack switch, it is very had to dive bomb in, and easly intercepted by 262's. Realy I think Jazz made a good sugestion in the Tempest, it may as you say not be historical thoough, but it would balance things out.