Author Topic: Four vs one film.......  (Read 1637 times)

Offline Elysian

• Nickel Member
Four vs one film.......
« Reply #30 on: October 23, 2003, 02:23:03 AM »
Heya Nomak, can't watch the film where I'm at right now but I'll give ya a pre-emptive WTG :).

BTW --  Those merge lessons you gave me in the DA awhile back were fantastic...  Probably improved my ACM by an "order of magnitude".

Offline Roscoroo

• Plutonium Member
      • http://www.roscoroo.com/
Four vs one film.......
« Reply #31 on: October 23, 2003, 05:21:42 AM »
I say wtg... But ya musta just sacrificed a sheep to the goddess of luck ... those guys certianly missed some nice shots .
And the Zoom in for the shot well .... Ive gotta agree with Lev on that . it really messes up perception and SA ..
Save the zoom for picking out ground targets , buff gunning,bomb sights,and getting an angle of a far away con.

for tracers I leave them turned off . that was the biggest improvement i did for my gunnery .

when in a dogfight i have a tendency to do a SA check every 3- 5 seconds and during  certian manuvers . it becomes automatic after awhile .

But winning a 4 vs 1 is tough
Roscoroo ,
"Of course at Uncle Teds restaurant , you have the option to shoot them yourself"  Ted Nugent
(=Ghosts=Scenariroo's  Patch donation

Offline Nomak

• Silver Member
Four vs one film.......
« Reply #32 on: October 23, 2003, 07:29:49 AM »
hehe.....thx Ely.

I am glad our DA time paid off for ya.  Isnt it amazing how much more you can learn in the DA in one night than in the MA in 6 months.

What shocks me even more is the lack of players who actually understand this.

Anyway....good to hear from ya Ely.  Give me a shout sometime ;)
« Last Edit: October 23, 2003, 09:40:41 PM by Nomak »

Offline [Sg]ShotGun

• Zinc Member
Four vs one film.......
« Reply #33 on: November 03, 2003, 02:28:48 PM »
in the film  G forces arnt shown??
also the icon does not dissapear when the AC is lost behind the artwork...is that normal in film?
without both of these it gives the impression of a hack :(

it seemed u dont have any nose bounce as if the AC was on rails, nice n smooth. how u get rid of that?
« Last Edit: November 03, 2003, 02:32:56 PM by [Sg]ShotGun »

Offline Roscoroo

• Plutonium Member
      • http://www.roscoroo.com/
Four vs one film.......
« Reply #34 on: November 03, 2003, 03:04:19 PM »
Originally posted by [Sg]ShotGun
in the film  G forces arnt shown??
also the icon does not dissapear when the AC is lost behind the artwork...is that normal in film?
without both of these it gives the impression of a hack :(

it seemed u dont have any nose bounce as if the AC was on rails, nice n smooth. how u get rid of that?

A: No the black outs arnt present in films
A: yes thats normal

turn on "trail " and that shows the flight path with 2 red trailing lines ... with that one you will see some of the "flinching in flight "
It also helps improve your acm .

Nose bounce : some of this is caused by the combat trim being on .elevator/rudder cal  needs more dampaning, and the shake from gun fire is modeled into the game
Roscoroo ,
"Of course at Uncle Teds restaurant , you have the option to shoot them yourself"  Ted Nugent
(=Ghosts=Scenariroo's  Patch donation

Offline [Sg]ShotGun

• Zinc Member
Four vs one film.......
« Reply #35 on: November 03, 2003, 08:25:55 PM »
well dont use combat trim and damping has no effect. all it does is slow down the movement of the control surfaces relative to control input and NOT the ratio of surface movement to control movement as it shood be.

iv flown for 3 yrs and cannot find pilots that make such 'bomber' manuvers in a fighter.

Offline MaddogJoe

• Nickel Member
Four vs one film.......
« Reply #36 on: November 04, 2003, 03:53:45 PM »
I don't use "damping" to get rid of nose bounce, if by nose bounce your talking about the nose of the plane bouncing all over the place as you make those small quick adjustments with your stick as you are trying to get a shot.

I use the scaling sliders to adjust the input from the stick to control surfaces. Check out a simple explanation on how we set-up our sticks after coming to AH from Air Warrior. goto http://webpages.charter.net/maddogjoe/AcesHigh.htm and click on joystick set-up. This is how most of us have gotten rid of any nose bounce in the fighters.

Offline [Sg]ShotGun

• Zinc Member
Four vs one film.......
« Reply #37 on: November 05, 2003, 12:50:38 AM »
my pitch/yaw sliders make a 45* angle, maybe cept for the level of damping. roll is all at the top. its still not the problem...

the problem is that the joystick pots are so small that very little rotation of the pot translates into BIG movement of the control surface which u instantly try to correct but find uv done too much and then try to go the other way and soon ur into PIO and the nose is bouncing, uv missed ur shot and ur advantage is gone. :(

if i yank and release on the alerions, the wings will move and then stop...maybe slightly moving if im out of trim. if i do the same on yaw or pitch, the nose will slide out of position and then come back and the move again in the first direction and then move back doing this a couple of times b4 it settles down.  like the behavior of skateboad u roll down the side of an MT pool, it goes up the other side, stops, comes back and then goes away, comes back, goes away etc. till it settles down at the bottom.

thats nose bounce.

the solution is to make a ratio percentage (0-100%) of control input to surface movement which is not possible with the current sliders. as i said b4, very small movement of the stick can easily cover 2 or 3 of the sliders and ur control surface goes instantly from 0% to 30% of movement. (asuming that ea slider represents only 10% of movement)

Offline MaddogJoe

• Nickel Member
Four vs one film.......
« Reply #38 on: November 05, 2003, 06:24:28 AM »
what you describe is just what my stick use to do also. Your mentioning the pots in the stick makes me wonder what stick you are using.  I use all CH stuff, and its all nice and big....bigger is better right?  :)

The set-up on the web page were just a starting place, due to all the different stick avalible, with different spring tensions and such. My actual settings in the rudder and roll area have the sliders down at least 10-15% more, and I do use the dampin...at about 15% just to help slow things down. Its alot of trial and error, but MOST sticks can be made to settle down.

Offline [Sg]ShotGun

• Zinc Member
Four vs one film.......
« Reply #39 on: November 05, 2003, 02:43:33 PM »
CH MS TM

iv used them all, hell iv even extended the grip away from the base on my MS sidewinder by installing an extension rod and lengthning the wires to slow down the amount ov movement of the pots relative to the grip.  but no joy

with the extension in place i have to move the grip farther to get the same movement of the pots. i was hoping this wood get rid of the bounce cuz i thot it was just me moving the stick too much.

but there is a lesson here, if the pilots have to use sooo much dampnin to keep the bounce under control, why isnt this problem being addressed by HTC??