Author Topic: HTC please check the proportions of the 109 front windscreen before making variants  (Read 1524 times)

Offline Citabria

• Platinum Member
to hell with the gauges i wanna accurate field of vision from my 109 thats the bottom line
Fester was my in game name until September 2013

Offline Yeager

• Plutonium Member
I think we could kill two stinking birds with one stone and even capture some more business:

No Cockpit!!!

:aok
"If someone flips you the bird and you don't know it, does it still count?" - SLIMpkns

Offline john9001

• Plutonium Member
in all planes the "zoom" view is the pilots normal view, the "unzoom"(default) is a wide angle view to give you a wider field of view.

Offline Octavius

• Skinner Team
  • Platinum Member
zoom view?  What is the default angle of viewing area?  It's variable.

It's impossible to see what a pilot sees when in an actual cockpit with a 2D monitor.  Isnt normal human vision capable of seeing 220 degrees?  It'd be cool if everyone had a mini-IMAX screen for a flight sim.
octavius
Fat Drunk BasTards (forum)

"bastard coated bastards with bastard filling?  delicious!"
Guest of the ++Blue Knights++[/size]

Offline DFbarrel

• Zinc Member
It would be very cool if everyone had their own imax screen octavious :rofl  that'll never happen

Offline NATEDOG

• Silver Member
here ya go Cit..... a full two inches wider.

Offline Westy

• Gold Member
"here ya go Cit..... a full five point OH eight centimeters wider."

Woo hoo!  And this could only mean metric gauges are next!!

Offline NATEDOG

• Silver Member

Offline GRUNHERZ

• Plutonium Member
Thanks NATEDOG!!!!! That loos fantastic!  :)

May I ask one more thing?  Can you please color all the inside canopy frames dark gray/black like we have in AH1 - this was the color on all 109s interiors after 1940. :)

The color was called RLM66.

Here is pretty good sample.

And again thanks a lot for the windshield adjustment. :)

Offline Wmaker

• Platinum Member
      • Lentolaivue 34 website
Simply beautiful NATEDOG!!! :D :aok

When I first got the beta I thought there was something wrong with the cockpit but couldn't put my finger on it, looks a lot better WTG!!

I hope this little suggestion of mine doesn't drive you up the wall 'cause us nitpicks. :)

About the layout of the gauges...

As it is now the altimeter is one of the "smaller size" gauges and is located where the manifold pressure gauge is in the real plane. In this new 109 cockpit I like to keep my view saved fairly close (so that I can just see the lowest part of the lowest line of gauges...no trim indicators or the clock). At least in the current beta when you move your POW so close the gunsight blocks your view to the altimeter and you have to constantly move your head to see it completely. So I suggest to switch places of the current RPM-indicator and altimeter positions. This would make altimeter bigger as you view it a lot more than RPM-indicator and it would also be in an easier place to see. :)

...Or a bit bigger suggestion. This is to get as historical instrument layout as possible to the 109s. :)

1. To move altimeter in place of the current speed indicator.

2. To move speed indicator to the place of the current RPM-indicator.

3. To move manifold gauge in place of the current altimeter

4. To move RPM-indicator in place of the current manifold pressure gauge.

...I know it's a bit hard to read without a picture in front of you. :)

If anyone has PSP, a bit time and some web space a picture would speak more than a thousand words. :)

This would (except the vertical speed indicator, which 109s didn't have until the K-series) make the instrument layout as historical as possible as you can see from the picture Camo posted. :)

P.S. NATEDOG, did you get the reference material I sent you about the Bf109G-2? ;)
Wmaker
Lentolaivue 34

Thank you for the Brewster HTC!

Offline Sikboy

• Platinum Member
lol.

-Sik
You: Blah Blah Blah
Me: Meh, whatever.

Offline Waffle

• HTC Staff Member
  • Administrator
      • HiTech Creations Inc. Aces High
RLM 66 (schwarzgrau) and RLM 02 (Grau) were both used as interior paint. Also Along with RLM 01 (silber)

1936 -

"Internal Components of aircraft: Shade of top coat: Grey 02"

1938 -

The insides of aircraft were painted Grau 02 with RLM 66 on the insrument panel

1941 -

same as above, but cockpits with glazed canopies had interior walls painted in RLM66 to"protect against dazzle" (i presume dazzle means glare)

1942 -

To save raw materials the majority of the interiors spaces were left unpainted. The cockpits were painted with one coat of RLM 66 instead of the normal two coats. Basically the landing gear compartments, hatches and access points were left in raw aluminium

1944 - Lack of resources changes alot.....

"for these reasons, the paints industry has with immediate effect been prohibited from producing aviation lacquer 7121 (or 7122) in shades of RLM 66 or 02......."
"the aircraft industry is hereby prohibited from using aviation lacquers 7121.02 and 66 or 7122.02 and 66, naturallly after all existing stocks have been used up."

This brings the story of RLM 99...basically 99 is the color that is not important...so at the end of the war...who knows what color the cockpits were in the late model planes. ....The RLM 99 didn't comply with the standards for painting, but due to lack of resources for rlm 02 and 66....the RLM 99 was not complained  about or was not important enough to worry about.

Check out "Luftwaffe Colours 1935-1945" by Michael Ullmann....

Offline Westy

• Gold Member
"?"

NM.   It sucks to explian a sucky joke.

Offline NATEDOG

• Silver Member
Originally posted by Wmaker
P.S. NATEDOG, did you get the reference material I sent you about the Bf109G-2? ;)

did you send it recently? if so, then no.
send it to nathanm@hitechcreations.com
I'll see about changing the gauges.

Offline Waffle

• HTC Staff Member
  • Administrator
      • HiTech Creations Inc. Aces High
On a Luftwaffe side note
« Reply #29 on: November 12, 2003, 04:20:53 PM »
I tried editing a few gauges in photoshop to look like authentic GE gauges. They looked pretty cool. Only problem is that they'd show up on US or other nationality planes also. I don't know how hard it would be to rename or add extensions for accurate guages for each nationality, but sure would be cool.

Even if HTC didn't do artwork for them..having a "GeAltimeter" file and  so on for the community to design for download would be nice.

Like I said....not sure how hard or time consuming it would be to have gauges set up for different nationality plane sets.

Oh yeah... and have the instrument bezels be country authentic....and also editable

:)
« Last Edit: November 12, 2003, 04:23:54 PM by Waffle »