Author Topic: Uber Jeep Pwns Tank Town!  (Read 1713 times)

Offline Flayed1

• Silver Member
Uber Jeep Pwns Tank Town!
« on: April 16, 2007, 08:54:15 AM »
After poping up in this tank and that tank over and over with the same result time after time-----PING dead PING dead PING dead. I thought to myself what the hell I may as well be uping in a JEEP!! It would last as long as any of the tanks do .  
 So I jump up in a Jeep and zoom off into town dodging in and out of the buildings, slipping through spots no tank could ever go.   Then as I was cruising along on the far side of town I spot an M-8 snuggled in by some buildings.  I quickly hit the breaks, jump into the gun and ping away at his left front tire and in a few seconds he is leaning to the left front. I continue pinging away and strip all 3 tires off that side then figure I've stayed long enough. Turns out just to long because just as I was running behind a building he gets a shot off and I die , but he died at the same time possibly from an NME tank but I get the kill so already I'm doing as well in a jeep as I would have in a tank...

I reup and cruise into town again and find a Sherman hiding behind a hedge row. I sliped through the little slot in the hedge right behind the tank and shift into reverse quick befor I jump into the gun and start shooting up his tread. I didn't manage to track him befor his turret was almost on me so I jump back into the drivers seat and step on it flying back out of the hole in the hedge the way I had come with a tank round explodeing in the spot where I had been "WHEW that was close"   I crank the wheel hard left and almost flip but manage to keep controll of my little anti tank vehicle. I cram it into 1st and I'm off as another round go's off behind me.

I continue ziping in and out of the buildings when I spot another M-8 through a burned out building so I back up just a little so I have a clear view through a hole and then POP POP 2 of he right side tires deflate. :D
Off I run when I get a kill message for the M-8, it was the same guy as the last one..   Then a minuite later I get another kill message, probabbly on that first sheman...

I made a right into an alley and as I start moving through I look to the left and can just see the front part of another Shermans tread sticking out from behind a building.  I back up just a bit and start pinging away at it then after a bit his tank leans to the right "TRACKED!!" I think to myself laughing just a little. I run off leaving him to his fate and sure enough in another minuit a You have killed message pops up.. Not bad for one load of ammo.

I figure at this point I shouldn't push my luck and decide to get out of town to land the 3 kills in my jeep but just as I get out of town a spit zooms down and pop, there go's my wonderfull lil jeep :cry   Stupid spit pilot having to rely on killing innocent lil jeeps in stead of having guts enough to find a real fight lol :p

At any rate like I first thought the Jeep will last as long in Tank Town as any tank will at this point including the Tiger that I had shot out from under me in one hit as I spawned and the shot came from the NME spawn.    Something is wrong with this picture what good is it to drive an armored tank if it does little to no good to have the armor?  
  Also, whats up with the smoke??? You can pop it out in front of you and it forms a solid wall so nobody can see you through it but on your side you can see through fine??:confused:   I don't know about you guys but every time I've been on one side or other of a large smoke plume I couldn't see very well from either side......

Oh well hope you like the story :)
From the ashes of the old we rise to fly again. Behold The Phoenix Wing!

Offline Nilsen

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #1 on: April 16, 2007, 09:06:52 AM »
Love the story.

Im one of those that hide behind a cloud of smoke and plinks others that does not have one to hide behind. very effective and means there is no need to start engine and run for cover :D

Offline Bodhi

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #2 on: April 16, 2007, 10:30:37 AM »
Sounds awesome Flayed!
I regret doing business with TD Computer Systems.

Offline Grits

• Platinum Member
« Reply #3 on: April 16, 2007, 10:50:47 AM »
I think it was a Korean era thing, but it would be cool to have the Jeep with either the 75mm,  90mm or 106mm recoilless rifle on it. :)

http://image46.webshots.com/47/7/2/37/2555702370031780957dWanDu_ph.jpg?track_pagetag=/page/photo/news/military&track_action=/ViewActions/FullSize
« Last Edit: April 16, 2007, 11:02:06 AM by Grits »

Offline Laurie

• Nickel Member
« Reply #4 on: April 16, 2007, 11:17:58 AM »
'Jeeping' is very fun in TT

gives me an indiana jones feeling, lol:lol

Offline 5PointOh

• Gold Member
« Reply #5 on: April 16, 2007, 11:35:20 AM »
Nice story!  A+  The jeep is very effective at TT.  I recall once being shot numerous times by a guy so far out and on the side of the mountain, I wasn't quite sure how he did it.  So that lit a charge under my arse.  Drove from V23 all the way up to the top of the hill and waited for him to fire so I'd know exact location.  Ah! Found him and I sat there for two or three min watching him pick off tank after tank.  I put my trusty jeep into 1st got a little roll down hill, and slammed it into neutral.  As I am rolling down this hill toward the back of his tank, I recall thinking that it was cheap and low down to kill a guy in a tiger with a jeep.  Then I remember 3 panzers that I didn't even get to start.  I coasted my jeep right inside this guys tank, manned the 50 commenced firing. Boom.  He's dead.  Drove my jeep back to base with a happy face.  Sorry Mr. Spawn Camping Tiger. Nah not really.  Bless my Jeep!:rofl
Coprhead
Wings of Terror
Mossie Student Driver

Offline tedrbr

• Silver Member
« Reply #6 on: April 16, 2007, 12:45:08 PM »
Is it still possible to shoot up and kill a tank from inside the hull from a jeep?  Or did the new version fix that?

Offline Simaril

• Platinum Member
« Reply #7 on: April 16, 2007, 01:07:48 PM »
<---crappy GV'er

Never was able to get that kill the driver from inside the tank thing to work for me. Is there a spot you shoot at inside? I know it worked a few months ago, because the night I decided to try GV'ing in tank town Somebody did it to me repeatedly from his T34 -- he'd pull inside my tank, and ping away with the hull gun.**

When I did it, I tried hitting the driver's seat area, but got nothing....

**Have to say, I had loads of adrenaline charged fun, but once the tremoring stopped I realized I had DIED 55 TIMES IN UNDER AN HOUR!!
« Last Edit: April 16, 2007, 01:11:06 PM by Simaril »
Maturity is knowing that I've been an idiot in the past.
Wisdom is realizing I will be an idiot in the future.
Common sense is trying to not be an idiot right now

"Social Fads are for sheeple." - Meatwad

Offline Kev367th

• Platinum Member
« Reply #8 on: April 16, 2007, 01:38:34 PM »
Yup it still works, theres nothing they can currently do to stop you driving inside another vehicle.

Look for the threads that explain why.

Short version -
With collisions enabled for vehicles -
a) They could get locked together
b) They could fly apart at warp speed
c) Various other unpleasant scenarios.
AMD Phenom II X6 1100T
Asus M3N-HT mobo
2 x 2Gb Corsair 1066 DDR2 memory

Offline 5PointOh

• Gold Member
« Reply #9 on: April 16, 2007, 01:58:22 PM »
It is still avalible, and I usually don't practice it, but when a guy is shoots from over 2k away and kills you before you start the engine.  Jeep time presents its self.
Coprhead
Wings of Terror
Mossie Student Driver

Offline Shuffler

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #10 on: April 16, 2007, 02:29:26 PM »
Memories of Rat Patrol  :rofl
80th FS "Headhunters"

S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning In A Bottle)

Offline Curval

• Plutonium Member
      • http://n/a
« Reply #11 on: April 16, 2007, 03:03:33 PM »
hehe...great read.  I could almost hear the giggling as you raced around getting kills while reading that.  

I must try this jeep thing.  I never usually bother with GVs.
Some will fall in love with life and drink it from a fountain that is pouring like an avalanche coming down the mountain

Offline john9001

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #12 on: April 16, 2007, 03:16:36 PM »
we need the M20 75mm recoilless rifle loadout for the jeep.

Offline 4XTCH

• Nickel Member
« Reply #13 on: April 16, 2007, 03:39:10 PM »
THAT!!!! Was TOO Funny!!:rofl :rofl :rofl

4XTCH
~364TH C-HAWKS FG~

Offline Brenjen

• Silver Member
« Reply #14 on: April 16, 2007, 03:58:59 PM »
Pulling inside of an enemy GV & plugging away with your MG is exploiting a bug & it's breaking one of the few rules there are in this game. Explaining how to do it is also against the rules or I'd tell you what to look for.

Or am I confusing the rules of another game I play? Either way I think if a guy plugs you at over 2K away, you can hardly call that camping so going after him & exploiting a bug to kill him is sort of...well, lame. No offense.