Author Topic: How to fly like an idiot  (Read 2060 times)

Offline mechanic

• Plutonium Member
And I don't know much, but I do know this. With a golden heart comes a rebel fist.

Offline Anaxogoras

• Platinum Member
Re: How to fly like an idiot
« Reply #1 on: September 18, 2008, 12:02:04 AM »
Awesome flying bat.  I expected some videos of you valiantly fighting to the death against greater numbers and taking a couple with you.  Instead, it is just absolute ownage.

As for the film "AIpwn," well... yeah.
gavagai
334th FS

RPS for Aces High!

Offline mechanic

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #2 on: September 18, 2008, 12:18:37 AM »
lots of folk out there pulling these kind of moves on me helped me learn over the long term.
i got one of a b26 vs a p38 from tonight but cant host it from this computer.
anyone else want to add thier own clips that would be cool, im not the best out there by a long way.
S!
And I don't know much, but I do know this. With a golden heart comes a rebel fist.

Offline mechanic

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #3 on: September 18, 2008, 12:50:58 AM »
here i found another good one.

this 109k4 pilot owned my mosquito in about 2 seconds.

http://www.freeroleentertainment.com/11kownme.ahf

Offline Pannono

• Silver Member
« Reply #4 on: September 18, 2008, 12:56:15 AM »
how to die like a pro?...watch me
oh it says fly like an idiot? my bad  :o
Pannono
Proud Member of Pigs On The Wing
8 Player H2H: 2006-07
MA Tours: 87, 97-113, 143-144, 160-Present
FSO: JG54

Offline ColKLink

• Nickel Member
« Reply #5 on: September 18, 2008, 06:54:48 AM »
"how to fly like a idiot".........Oh i know this one.........follow me. :) :rock
Live each day like it's your last, and one day, you will be right.---- rush 2112,--->" and the sheep shall inherit the earth"......

Offline Anaxogoras

• Platinum Member
« Reply #6 on: September 18, 2008, 08:53:12 AM »
All of your attackers show zero throttle management and zero patience at setting up a high % guns pass.  They all think "If I overshoot, I'll just circle around for another shot because I'm in a Spit16/N1k."
gavagai
334th FS

RPS for Aces High!

Offline Guppy35

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #7 on: September 18, 2008, 02:51:34 PM »
Just follow me into a fight. I'll show ya an idiot :)
Dan/CorkyJr
8th FS "Headhunters

Offline mechanic

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #8 on: September 18, 2008, 02:59:19 PM »
All of your attackers show zero throttle management and zero patience at setting up a high % guns pass.  They all think "If I overshoot, I'll just circle around for another shot because I'm in a Spit16/N1k."

all those targets dont even have time to think after deciding on the low % shot opener and missing.

Offline sunfan1121

• Gold Member
« Reply #9 on: September 18, 2008, 03:39:42 PM »
dummy
A drunk driver will run a stop sign. A stoned driver will stop until it turns green.

Offline mechanic

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #10 on: September 18, 2008, 03:47:02 PM »
its not completely the attackers fault if the defender does a grade A job of looking like an easy kill right up till the last minute.
 :salute

Offline BnZ

• Persona Non Grata
  • Silver Member
« Reply #11 on: September 18, 2008, 03:54:42 PM »
Bat:

Look, no disrespect, but his needs to be put in perspective.

Every time you post a film, it is based on not only as Anax pointed out, usually a lack of gunnery and throttle control on the opponent's part, but an almost supernatural ability at gunnery on your part.

It ain't gonna happen for most people most of the time. Not the overshoot part, practically every furball involves using an overshoot to defend yourself at one point or the other, but turning that overshoot into a kill against a plane that has energy on you a large percentage of the time-ain't happening for most people most of the time. I say this as someone who has conservatively spent 5-6 hours a week practicing gunnery ALONE for the last two years. So kudos to you on your mastery of a incredibly difficult stunt, but advising the average AH pilot to fly a K-4 beneath the crowd and shoot whatever runs in and overshoots him is a bit like advising the average schmuck in a self-defense course to walk into a biker bar, start trouble, and take down his attackers with head-kicks.

Offline Connery

• Nickel Member
« Reply #12 on: September 18, 2008, 04:01:31 PM »
I think it's time for an e-go e-massage.

Offline mechanic

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #13 on: September 18, 2008, 05:07:36 PM »
fair comment BnZ, but dont think anyone gets there without spending years reapting the same failed move. If posting a few of these films inspires one new guy to start learning a different approach to virtual air combat in general, then i am satistfied. Do you want me to post hours and hours of long drawn out one on one dogfights vs the best players in the game? That takes long time to practice at also.

connery, if you think i need the praise from you monkeys you can go toss yer caber and toture some baby haggis or soemthing. I post to enlighten new folks with an open mind. I get enough attention in real life.

take the thread for what it is worth and please do hold back on the WTGs. I cannot play hardly at all at the moment so you poor forum goers will have to put up with me spouting this tripe for a while

Offline killnu

• Gold Member
« Reply #14 on: September 18, 2008, 05:22:14 PM »
did you post any that you got shot down in?
Karma, it follows you every where you go...

++The Blue Knights++