Author Topic: An alternative to Titanic Tuesday....  (Read 2923 times)

Offline A8TOOL

• Silver Member
      • http://fdrs.org/banking_history.html
Re: An alternative to Titanic Tuesday....
« Reply #30 on: November 12, 2008, 11:30:30 AM »
I did stop in for a few early in the night. There were some of the better sticks in there at that time and people were flying the not so common planes. Most every encounter was a fair merge and there was no ho'ing going on. There was respect given to the fights going on without intrusion until someone died....in other words, lots of 1 vs. 1. I stayed till about 9 central when it started to become more of an everyday furball.

If you were to put it up again I would suggest trying to limit the plane set even further.

1: Take out some of the weenie planes like the zeke's, LA's and spits. That should help deter some of the not so honorable from staying to long.

2: Consider an alt cap, increase downward wind at maybe 12k....not sure what thats called.

3: Open only a few fields and attach rules of engagement. Set one of those fields aside for mindless furballing. We can send the kids there  :lol

All in all I liked it and HTC should come up with some type of permanent map on account of the many requests that have been given over the years for that type of arena. No base taking just respectful fighting.

Offline Nightshift82

• Nickel Member
« Reply #31 on: November 12, 2008, 06:26:13 PM »
In a nut shell it was what the DA should be.
Night5  
First tour: 55  (If anyone cares.......)

Offline Steve

• Platinum Member
« Reply #32 on: November 13, 2008, 05:16:57 PM »
I like Titanic Tuesday!
Member: Hot Soup Mafia - Cream of Myshroom
Army of Muppets  Yes, my ingame name is Steve

Offline drdeathx

• Silver Member
      • [URL=http://s435.photobucket.com/albums/qq77/AAdeath/?action=view&current=woodland-critters-christmas-1024x76.jpg][IMG]http://i435.photobucket.com/albums/qq77/AAdeath/th_woodland-critters-christmas-1024x76.jpg[/IMG][/URL]
« Reply #33 on: November 13, 2008, 11:23:50 PM »
How bout a total cv map. No land. Each countries are given the same amount of cv's located equal distances apart. Obviously, no gv's or buffs.... Just CV certified planes!

See Rule #6

Offline abc123

• Zinc Member
« Reply #34 on: November 14, 2008, 12:26:15 AM »
A little limiting, don't you think?
Tree: 73 Myself:  0

Offline drdeathx

• Silver Member
      • [URL=http://s435.photobucket.com/albums/qq77/AAdeath/?action=view&current=woodland-critters-christmas-1024x76.jpg][IMG]http://i435.photobucket.com/albums/qq77/AAdeath/th_woodland-critters-christmas-1024x76.jpg[/IMG][/URL]
« Reply #35 on: November 14, 2008, 12:54:54 AM »
a bit but different... Maybe make a map with some idea spawned off this or do a TT with this build then another unique idea like a land based war with limited planes and GV's. Just shooting ideas

See Rule #6

Offline Newman5

• Nickel Member
« Reply #36 on: November 14, 2008, 12:59:05 AM »
A little limiting, don't you think?

You could have PT boat battles!!   :lol
"Hello, Newman."

Offline humble

• Platinum Member
« Reply #37 on: November 14, 2008, 07:48:12 AM »
The idea here (mine, rosco, guppy and the DFC) was to promote and highlight true air combat and reintroduce a bit of the "old school" rules and remove some of the controls like kill shooter that only exist because the standard of game play is so low. Having friendly collisions on was interesting as well IMO. The sprinkling of DFC guys not only added a formidable array of pilots but also helped to both teach and enforce the "code" as needed. It will be up to Rosco to determine if this becomes any type of a recurring event or not but I see no need to tinker with it to create artificial match ups. If you want carriers fly FSO tonight....just my 2 cents.

"The beauty of the second amendment is that it will not be needed until they try to take it."-Pres. Thomas Jefferson

Offline bongaroo

• Silver Member
« Reply #38 on: November 14, 2008, 08:11:46 AM »
I'm sad I missed it, just now found the thread!   :cry

I'll keep my eye out for the announcement of another run, looks like I would really enjoy this atmosphere.

:salute guys for getting this together.
Callsign: Bongaroo
Formerly: 420ace

Offline A8TOOL

• Silver Member
« Reply #39 on: November 14, 2008, 01:54:16 PM »
The idea here (mine, rosco, guppy and the DFC) was to promote and highlight true air combat and reintroduce a bit of the "old school" rules and remove some of the controls like kill shooter that only exist because the standard of game play is so low. Having friendly collisions on was interesting as well IMO. The sprinkling of DFC guys not only added a formidable array of pilots but also helped to both teach and enforce the "code" as needed. It will be up to Rosco to determine if this becomes any type of a recurring event or not but I see no need to tinker with it to create artificial match ups. If you want carriers fly FSO tonight....just my 2 cents.

It was a lot of fun and I'd like to see more of it. There was no score or perk planes and Stang kept saying that none of us should land our kills which in one way I agree with but in another I don't. I normally fly till dead or out of fuel/ammo. If you can make it home damaged with kills thats even better. Landing with half a wing has always been exciting and challenging for me as with running home without any guns to shoot trying your best to stretch every ounce of fuel left in your tank out to the max is simply nerve racking.  :aok

As in a previous post written, I think HTC should accommodate players of this stature who have been requesting this type of arena for years. Rules of engagement should be in place and the attending community should enforce them leading by example. As in the TA, infrequent moderators could be added temporarily to set the atmosphere and prepare it's future ...unfortunately that type of action would produce a few criers. Whats more important is that everyone who enters that arena knows what is expected of them and that it has been set up in an old school manner.

When I stopped in some of the best sticks in the game were there and everyone was on the same page. Later in the night it evolved into your everyday furball  :(   Stopping that will be impossible and why I had suggested only a few areas of the map to be open and separated. Going further, certain areas could have certain planes enabled. Furballers could have their zekes and spits while the more advanced players would have the rest. Deciding who gets what would be cause for debate though.

« Last Edit: November 14, 2008, 01:57:17 PM by A8TOOL »

Offline iTunes

• Nickel Member
« Reply #40 on: November 14, 2008, 04:02:35 PM »
really looking forward to tyring this out next week :aok
The Class Acts.
JG54 Grunherz
iTunes- UK's finest killer of ack huggers and runners, mixing business with girls and thrills.
JG54/ Manchester United- Nobody likes us-we don't care... Goes by the name of Wayne rooney http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EW-47c_8J4c

Offline A8TOOL

• Silver Member
« Reply #41 on: January 05, 2009, 02:26:59 PM »

This topic may have a chance.  Just Pm'ed Humble with my email addy. Whether or not he takes the reins on this one I'm not sure but i do know he has the passion for it.

Forgot to post the link to the thread.

http://bbs.hitechcreations.com/smf/index.php/topic,255656.msg3158221.html#msg3158221
« Last Edit: January 05, 2009, 02:28:47 PM by A8TOOL »

Offline humble

• Platinum Member
« Reply #42 on: January 05, 2009, 03:48:24 PM »
SLED and I traded PMs and I know that it was being considered as a format for one of the SEA events. Obviously a lot of time and effort goes into something like that. I got no sense that its currently under consideration for anything else. With the "other" project on hold or abandoned i'm sure that we've got a major release and overhaul on the way. I think the DA numbers show a bit of a need for a tactical arena of some sort. At this point i'm very appreciative of the time and consideration that SLED and the other CMs have given to the idea. I think anyone interested should post to the thread in the special events forum. I recognize that a bunch of different ideas are always under consideration at one time. I'm sure that if enough people express interest the CM's will give the idea consideration.

"The beauty of the second amendment is that it will not be needed until they try to take it."-Pres. Thomas Jefferson

Offline Roscoroo

• Plutonium Member
      • http://www.roscoroo.com/
« Reply #43 on: January 05, 2009, 08:31:25 PM »
I can probely run it again this month ..( I just have to Bribe Sled and promise to be available for a couple of hours to host it)  If enough guys are interested Id be willing to host a couple times a month. 

Its alot of fun and gives ya a huge chance at improvement over the MA or DA furballs.
Plus with most of the top aces in there you can ask all the questions needed and get Real answers .(just play by the Rules )  :aok
Roscoroo ,
"Of course at Uncle Teds restaurant , you have the option to shoot them yourself"  Ted Nugent
(=Ghosts=Scenariroo's  Patch donation

Offline humble

• Platinum Member
« Reply #44 on: January 05, 2009, 08:54:31 PM »
Rosco I had a blast, I'm sure we can scrape up some decent numbers with any notice at all.... :salute