Author Topic: Views sticking  (Read 621 times)

Offline Shuffler

• Radioactive Member
Views sticking
« on: January 31, 2010, 09:06:37 PM »
I have had an issue with vies getting stuck. I have come across many others with the same issue. They told me to look that direction and it'll usuall unstick. I have noticed this with hat and number keys. Is this something being worked on? It is gettring old.

I did a search and found no posts about it.

This started a couple of update back. I have reinstalled AH 2 times to no avail. This last installation is on a brand new machine.

I do not believe it to be the hat on the CH stick as it does it with the number keys also. It does not stick in other games either.
80th FS "Headhunters"

S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning In A Bottle)

Offline lyric1

• Skinner Team
  • Plutonium Member
Re: Views sticking
« Reply #1 on: January 31, 2010, 10:14:59 PM »
I have had an issue with vies getting stuck. I have come across many others with the same issue. They told me to look that direction and it'll usuall unstick. I have noticed this with hat and number keys. Is this something being worked on? It is gettring old.

I did a search and found no posts about it.

This started a couple of update back. I have reinstalled AH 2 times to no avail. This last installation is on a brand new machine.

I do not believe it to be the hat on the CH stick as it does it with the number keys also. It does not stick in other games either.
I had this issue from time to time with my old Saitek x52 the only way I could fix it was to shut down the PC & start again.

Offline Shuffler

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #2 on: February 05, 2010, 12:36:27 PM »
Guess the WWI game is taking precedence right now.
80th FS "Headhunters"

Offline MachNix

• Nickel Member
« Reply #3 on: February 05, 2010, 04:27:17 PM »
When the view is stuck (default view no longer forward), cycling the clipboard map (Esc key) will restore the views.

Offline Auger

• Nickel Member
      • AKs Home Page
« Reply #4 on: February 05, 2010, 07:37:27 PM »
I have had this issue for at least two years now.  I thought it might be an oddity with the CH hat and CHCM.  It is quite intermittent, and I can get it unstuck just by moving the hat to the direction the view is stuck.  Every now and then a post pops up about it, but it's hard to recreate, therefore a bear to troubleshoot. 

HTC, if you have any ideas for tracking this one down, I'll volunteer as a guinea pig.

Offline Blagard

• Nickel Member
« Reply #5 on: February 06, 2010, 06:42:03 AM »
I get this problem on the odd occassion on my CH setup. Since it has only recently started, I put it down to my hat switch sticking but I am beginning to wonder! - It can happen on different views, and since each has it's own switch within the hat, the sticking switch idea now seems unlikely. I found that going to the "stuck" view again will release it.

By "stuck" I mean to say it is as if the default view has been changed. So if it got stuck on the rear right quarter, I can view everywhere else, but on releasing the hat it would go back to the rear right quarter. I think I cycle the "stuck" view a couple of times rather than once to unstick it and get the forward view back on releasing the hat.

As far as I can recall, it also only seems to occur when I am scanning my views extremely quickly.

This has only started to happen in the last month or so and fortunately fairly rare, e.g. a hour or two on line last night and I don't recall a single instance of it happening.

All in all, a repeat of what others have observed although I haven't tried using the Esc (map) key!

Online The Fugitive

• Plutonium Member
      • Fugi's Aces Help
« Reply #6 on: February 06, 2010, 09:38:45 AM »
In my case I KNOW it was a stuck switch. I had a stuck view, but it would only happen "now and then". Blasting the hat area with compressed gas seemed to help sometimes so I figured I just might have crap building up in there (stick was 3 years old). When I took it apart there was a lot of fine gray dust around the buttons inside. I had an old analog CH stick so I pulled a button off of that one and replaced the one that was giving me trouble.

I'm not sure if it was the cleaning or the replaced button, but mine hasn't stuck for over 2 years now.  :banana:

Offline Shuffler

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #7 on: February 06, 2010, 11:08:12 AM »
If the hat switch was sticking it would not do it using the keypad.
80th FS "Headhunters"

Offline MachNix

• Nickel Member
« Reply #8 on: February 06, 2010, 02:50:30 PM »
On troubleshooting:
For this example let us say the view is stuck looking at the left wing (Keypad 4).

It the hat switch is stuck sending a Keypad 4 signal, then if aft view was selected (Keypad 2), the view would be left-aft (Keypad 1) view.

If it is the default view is being set to the left view which is causing the stuck (Keypad 4) view, then selecting an aft view (Keypad 2) will show the right wing (Keypad 6).

For me, it has been the case of the default view being set to something other than forward and using the ESC key has fixed it.  Annoying; yes.

Offline Shuffler

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #9 on: February 22, 2010, 09:07:57 AM »
Thanks.... did not think to check that. It is the default view changing. Also when the map is up, I have noticed it zooming in on several occassions when default view changes.
80th FS "Headhunters"

Offline Soulyss

• Platinum Member
      • Aces High Events
« Reply #10 on: February 22, 2010, 11:36:18 AM »
I've been having a similar issue since the last major update.  When the view sticks it becomes the default "forward" view, so if I'm looking out over the left wing, keypad 4 that becomes my hands off view.  I can unstick it by hitting "4" again, but it is rather disorienting in the middle of a fight when you're switching views constantly.  :)
80th FS "Headhunters"
I blame mir.